Betfair poker points

libbert

Re: Betfair poker points Hi Michael, heres my analysis/experience ... others may have more data and personal experience to go by. Since they are NL tables then points should accumulate reasonably fast, but as I remember it the following rules apply to betfair.... 1. You only get rake points if you actually contribute to the hand 2. The amount of rake has to reach at least 5c per contributing player before you get any points . I don't think (but maybe I'm wrong?) that you accumulate partial points (i.e if your portion of the rake from one hand comes out 9c and then from the next hand 6c you only end up with 2 points not 3). Lets say you're on a 9 seater table where on average 4 people will generally just limp to see the flop (including the BB and SB) - then in that pot before the flop there'd be $2 - pot would need to reach $4 before the rake reached 20c (5 cents per contributor) - thus you need to be seeing action after the flop. My view is that 50% of the hands you contribute to will get enough rake to give you 1 point or more - in fact I'd suspect the average rake would be something like 0.75 points per hand you contribute to. If you are a tight player than (IMHO) you'd probably have some money (even if only BB or SB) be in about 39% of the total pots on a 9 player table (your BB, your SB and 1 or 2 of the remaining seven per round of blinds). So at 0.75 points average per hand I'd be expecting 3 points per 9 hands. On a 63 hands/hour table (not unreasonable) you'd be making 21 points an hour. Play 2 tables and you are up to 42 points per hour - so nearly 10 hours play to earn 400 points and get $10 of your bonus (aren't Betfair generous - not). This fits in with my experience where when I needed 25 points to get into a promotional freeroll a while ago it took me about 40 minutes to get the points. Basically its hard work earning your bonus on betfair because you need 400 points per $10 back - lots of other sites work on much more reasonable deals - for example Paradise where you only need 100 points per $10 and you don't need to contribute to the pot (and they have the 25up going at the moment ... which is a profit center in itself). Of course what you are really looking for is a table where there are several loose aggressive players in there so that the pot (especially on your BB SB) is likely to get you a better points rate. However in that sort of situation you have to have enough confidence in your own ability and play to stop being bullied out the game and end up losing $20 or more for each $10 of bonus earned. Basically - you're not gonna get rich on your betfair bonus money unless you are sufficiently skilled to make a killling off the other players. I personally didn't even consider playing raked hands to earn the bonus on betfair. Anybody agree/disagree with my thoughts?