Ace 10/J Suited - cash/STT/MTT

Cloud

One of the hands I have real trouble playing in a 9/10 seater table. If in a late position with no callers then it's quite easy - I raise. However, put me in an early position with AJs or A10s I just don't know how to play it. I have seen a lot of players just limp with it, but I don't like limping unless there are a few players in a pot already. But I also think a 3xBB kind of bet is possibly too aggressive. I also know that a fold is a good option. So what would you suggest. Fold, Call or Raise???

Re: Ace 10/J Suited - cash/STT/MTT Depends on the table. A loose table and I put in a raise knowing I'm going to get called with some worse holdings. Tight table, I'd pass A-10 and vary my play with A-J. Sometimes raise, sometimes pass. I don't like limping with it since it's still a good hand. If there's action behind me, I'd pass both hands. If I'm first to act or no action behind me, I raise. Of course, none of the above makes any sense since it's such a middling holding that you can't play it the same way every time. All I would say is, never just call with it in early position. Someone will almost certainly raise you and you don't want to be calling a raise with it so you're simply throwing chips away.

Re: Ace 10/J Suited - cash/STT/MTT Early position I'll fold it. I don't like calling a bet, if i'm not be prepared to call a raise, it just maks you look weak and encourages people to screw with you. Late position I'd perhaps try and limp it, and look for a flush draw. The real danger comes if you pair your ace, as you may be out kicked

Re: Ace 10/J Suited - cash/STT/MTT

However, put me in an early position with AJs or A10s I just don't know how to play it. I have seen a lot of players just limp with it, but I don't like limping unless there are a few players in a pot already. But I also think a 3xBB kind of bet is possibly too aggressive. I also know that a fold is a good option. So what would you suggest. Fold, Call or Raise???
Hi mate. First 3 seats its a fold on this many a seater table imo. You dont want to be calling a raise (someone will raise about half the time behind you) with a AJ/A10 in a full ring cash game, recipe for disaster. If youre after these seats in middle pos limp in, youll likely get to see a flop and if you do you probably got the best hand. If you want to raise with it in late pos fair enough (nothing wrong with limping either) but no need to raise too big, 3/3.5bb will easily suffice. Its ok to play AQs from early though and you can call raises with it after limping too as long as they are not large ones. Ditch AQo in early position though.

Re: Ace 10/J Suited - cash/STT/MTT Tournys blinds are small - just limp and throw it away to a decent raise blinds are big compared to your stack? - then shove and :hope cash - limp AJ - throw A10 away Damo

One of the hands I have real trouble playing in a 9/10 seater table. If in a late position with no callers then it's quite easy - I raise. However, put me in an early position with AJs or A10s I just don't know how to play it. I have seen a lot of players just limp with it, but I don't like limping unless there are a few players in a pot already. But I also think a 3xBB kind of bet is possibly too aggressive. I also know that a fold is a good option. So what would you suggest. Fold, Call or Raise???