Pkr ??`

AJ

I know it's been discussed here before, but looking for updated views. I've installed today,a nd it looks wonderful, my first thoughts are it'll attract shallow players, more interested in the style over substance, and should therefore in theory be a fish tank anyone playing there want to give some feedback on their experiances ??

Re: Pkr ??` I actually gave it another go last week (for the first time since Beta testing) and to be honest it was intolerable ........ There was a freeroll - but that filled up faster than the William Hill ones, so I only tried play money, but practicality/ease of play is certainly not considered within the design - and Multitabling? no way!!! I'm sure there will be a lot of bad/new players, but the other deficiencies mean I wont be playing there!!!

• 2 months later...

Re: Pkr ??`

I actually gave it another go last week (for the first time since Beta testing) and to be honest it was intolerable ........ There was a freeroll - but that filled up faster than the William Hill ones, so I only tried play money, but practicality/ease of play is certainly not considered within the design - and Multitabling? no way!!! I'm sure there will be a lot of bad/new players, but the other deficiencies mean I wont be playing there!!!
I gave this another go today, with a view to the upcoming "springfest" gtd tournaments .... I made a deposit so that I'd be on real money tables .... have to say, changed my opinion a little ..... MAINLY because of the huge number of appallingly bad players ... it really has to be seen to be believed!!! and the discovery that you can multitable!!!! (Not sure about multitabling with other sites, but multitabling within pkr was managable.....) It will never become my "home" for playability or ease of use, however whilst it's attracting such bad players, have to give it some consideration..... It claimed to have over 3000 players connected .... seemed a little hard for me to believe :unsure but there were full cash tables (limits from 2c/4c NL :ok) Might give some of the springfest games a chance (assuming they dont clash!!!)

Re: Pkr ??` I downloaded this and had a go on a 2c/4c table. It could easily get unbearably irritating very quickly!

.... have to say' date=' changed my opinion a little ..... MAINLY because of the huge number of appallingly bad players ... it really has to be seen to be believed!!! [/quote'] And I thought you were exaggerating! I don't know how much those monkeys who are typing the complete works of Shakespeare get paid per hour, but I expect they could make a better living here.

I downloaded this and had a go on a 2c/4c table. It could easily get unbearably irritating very quickly! And I thought you were exaggerating! I don't know how much those monkeys who are typing the complete works of Shakespeare get paid per hour, but I expect they could make a better living here.
If two intelligent men like you can find it almost tolerable , then a Sun reader like me must give it another go, plus they've given me a free tourney entry somewhere:\

If two intelligent men like you can find it almost tolerable ' date=' then a Sun reader like me must give it another go, plus they've given me a free tourney entry somewhere:\[/quote'] It's only almost tolerable because of the poor standard of play, to be honest. It's such a resource hog on my laptop that it's painful doing anything else while I'm playing. Including typing this post.

Re: Pkr ??` It seems very non functional to me. Hand History appears to be very hard to look up and I can't even find how to type notes on players. On the plus side, I managed to make my avatar look a lot like the person my username is named for :lol Barbie meets Poker? I must admit though, I like the option of not seeing your cards when they are dealt, and having to look at them again to see what you've got. Call me crazy but I like it.

Re: Pkr ??` I've found the Ring games slow, and TBH a lot of poor players, but one or 2 very useful (at my standard). They probably realised the prospects of easy money. However I have found that the 2 Man STT's are really quite suited to this 3D Malarky :ok - and I've been playing those, almost totally. Never played them on 'regular' sites before, as I couldn't see the appeal - plus and this may sound crazy but i think that there is the option for 'tells' when people have to lift their cards up to view them. I know if someone studied me they could certainly pick up a tell with the frequency and time spent lifting up the cards.:sad Although that said I may just clear my bonus then remove it.

Re: Pkr ??` I only discovered yesterday that there's a "lite" version (under Start >> All Programs >> PKR ). Seems to reduce the resource hogging considerably, and I haven't noticed any difference with how the program runs, although I had already turned off most of the sillier options.

Re: Pkr ??` Thanks for the heads-up Slapdash (pun intended :unsure ) I stopped looking at the site due to the resource drain. My computer is only about 2 years old but with 256MB Ram was very sluggish. Didn't usually see my cards after they were dealt as it was trying to keep up with the other graphics going on. Maybe time to get off the wagon now and see what the lite version is like.