2006, so how was it for you?

heniek31

Re: 2006, so how was it for you? well 2006 has been a real learning curve for me,and this poker thing has really taken over my life,much to the wifes disgust... ony 3 tourney wins this year but as i have only been playing seriously since march i am quite pleased with that. a trip to ibiza alan shearer send off tournament(signed newcastle shirt) champ league leg.(the one that was a turbo,more please) have made about $1000 this year so for 2007 i aim to make a big improvement on that... i would like to say a big thankyou to all those at punters who have helped along the way especially morlspin who was the master and is now the pupil:lol :dude ... i think also more live games in 2007,i do enjoy live tourneys even if it is still fixed:loon so a very merry xmas to one and all and lets hope 2007 is a very prosperous year for all of us

Re: 2006, so how was it for you? For me its been an education in my first year on the game of poker, with so many good players coming from this site , ive learned a lot from playing against you and from the many helpful posts put on here. Ive managed to win 4 tourneys ...3 champions league rounds and a cardnorge player ( all 4 having been short stacked on final table, not sure what that tells me yet..lol ). Mainly ive stuck to playing STT's ...mostly $5 ..started off well enough, but i then began playing too many of them and hit a few losing streaks, but the last couple of months or so ive managed to pull it back a bit. Reading through the posts in this section shows me the level some are on here, which can only help my game and others like me, once again thank you for all your help....great site and great people. Best of luck everyone for 2007....:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: 2006, so how was it for you? Transitional year for me. Started off playing STT's (which I'm good at) - won quite a lot. Then thought I'd try the limit cash game - went on tilt too many times - and lost a lot of my bankroll. Went back to STT's - built it up again. Had the second littl'un - and now I'm trying to learn the no-limit cash game. Overall in profit - but if I'd just played STT's - it could have been very good. (something to be learnt there me thinks)

Re: 2006, so how was it for you? My first year playing poker and it has been a good one. Started off playing STT's on William Hill, built bankroll from £20 to about £200. Thought this game was easy then seemed to plateau, went back down to about £60 and then got it back to about £200. Then down loaded site which had VIP tickets for Newcastle games to be won. You know the one that scored an own goal and went bust. Anyway won about 5 pairs of VIP during last season approx £150 a ticket, so worth £1500. Then managed to make it to their live final in london, came 3rd for $6000 and went to see Arsenal lose to Barcelona VIP style in the European Cup final in Paris, worth a bob a too. But this is where I discovered PL as 4 out of 10 of the players were PL (fenner, MCFC, Washman, BDaveG), all had a great few days and got well pished, Burnley Joe and manbag were also there and joined PL too. Since then have played MTT's almost exculsively, have about 20 poker sites on my desktop from following the best value as recommended on the threads on PL. Must thank everyone at PL for all work in making this into a great community to be involved in.:clap :clap :clap Not sure what my winnings are on MTT to be honest, but won my first MTT on mansion for $700 not long ago. Definately my new years resolution would be to keep records, just to see which level is the most profitable. Anyway all in all been and very good year, hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.:ok

Re: 2006, so how was it for you? I've only recently joined here but will post anyway. At the min my account stands at over $1.5k on betfair. I started to play poker just over a year ago and at the start of year till about march-may i wasnt making money at all....but since then i've been pretty hardcore when it comes to poker and all i do is play poker now. I won 3 2k poker comps in ireland this year which i'm really pleased about. Wasnt the best of competition to tell u the truth but never the less a win is a win...regardless of how much u win. In total this year from online poker i've netted about 15k(honestly) I started off as a small gambler on betfair lol but now i often play on the bigger blinds tables. Highest i played on was the 100/200 and i lost about a grand so i stopped playing there...them ppl just pull out 1k after 1k after 1k and thats toooooo expensive for a irish man like me :D Anyway its been a great year and i'm heading to the wsop in the new year....its kinda a birthday/investment(i hope) lol. Your all prob bored of reading so i shhh lol, Have a merry x-mas all u ppl and a great new year, David.

Re: 2006, so how was it for you? a pretty good year for me so far, but no big wins:sad the best single win being in the so stt league 3rd for $500 +$187 total profit. loads of good finishes in the v points for about $800 loads of good final places in the kop 1st 3rd 7th and 9th .and 15th in the final. quite a few money finishes in various other leagues and mtts on so, titan ,full tilt and poker.co.uk etc add up to about $1500 most of these games were before the start of october . since then i have played a few mtts but most of my times been spent playing cash games:) which has worked out pretty well with a $1200 profit in 2 months play on boss sites always on omaha or hi lo. i reckon ive put in about 100 hours in that time so makeing $12 a hour average at the moment :nana . so im just about ready to move up a level and see how that goes:hope so total profit for the year is $4200:nana :nana

Re: 2006, so how was it for you?

well its been the first year ive been playing what i would call seriously... won 2 psps and trip to maxim final (finished 9th) won trip to vegas and entry to $1500 wsop (finished 202nd $2,296) won an england footie top and with mtt and stt wins ive worked out i have made around £5,000 this year plus vegas holiday :) although i think i have been very lucky as well i doubt i will reproduce that next year it certainly been a good year pokerwise
erm and just won another $790 + vegas trip for 4 days and an ipod nano all for $5 make that a great year :ok :ok and feckin stupidly lucky!!!!!! :loon

Re: 2006, so how was it for you? It's been quite a good year for me personally. I only started playing in January and quickly got hooked! The obvious highlight for me was getting the trip to Vegas and playing in the Mansion Poker Dome which was then shown on TV in America! :loon My other highlights include: Winning my 1st Freeroll in January for the princely sum of $3 at Canbet! But then when they switched networks I landed another one in April for $150 and I remember the buzz of that. A superb feeling. I also managed a 3rd place in the Blue Sq Bubble in August for $120. I played in the Punters Lounge Heads Up tournament in September and came 2nd. Not bad, considering I'd never played HU before! And I've had a few final table finishes in MTT's too. My STT challenge is ongoing, although I stepped back down to $5 games recently after wiping out most of my $10 games profit, however still in profit in both. My overall record reads: Freerolls - $665 MTT's - $482 STT's - $146 Cash - $6 Bonus - $309 Total - $1608 + $7k Vegas Trip! My targets for next year are to continue with my STT Challenge, but I also want to improve my cash game play. Overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed my first year in poker. And hope 2007 brings more of the same!