Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Round 16 Thursday Night Queensland Roar v Newcastle Jets Thursday 7 December 7.00pm AEST (8.00pm AEDT, 7.30pm ACDT, 6.00pm AWDT) Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Queensland Squad: 1.Tom WILLIS (gk), 2.Andrew PACKER, 3.Remo BUESS, 5.Josh McCLOUGHAN, 6.Stuart McLAREN, 9.Simon LYNCH, 10.Ante MILICIC, 11.REINALDO, 13.Spase DILEVSKI 14.Ben GRIFFIN 15.Matthew McKAY, 16.Hyuk-Su SEO, 17.Damian MORI, 18.Dario VIDOSIC, 20.Liam REDDY (gk), 27.Chris GROSSMAN. *one to be omitted In: Ben Griffin (promoted), Reinaldo (promoted) Out: Sasa Ognenovski (ankle – 2 weeks) Others Unavailable: Massimo Murdocca (foot injury – 5 weeks) Newcastle Squad: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Steve EAGLETON, 3.Jade NORTH, 5.Milton RODRIGUEZ, 6.Andrew DURANTE, 8.Matt THOMPSON, 9.Vaughan COVENY, 10.Nick CARLE, 12.Paul OKON (Captain),13.Adam D’APUZZO, 15.Stuart MUSIALIK, 18.Joel GRIFFITHS, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 22.Steven OLD, 24.Paul KOHLER 30.Tando VELAPHI (gk) *two to be omitted In: Steven Old (promoted) Out: Nil Others Unavailable: Craig Deans (knee – season), Jobe Wheelhouse (ankle – season), Labinot Haliti (International duty – Albania), Ben Kennedy (bruising – 1 week) Impending stats, facts and trivia Of interest in this match-up is whether the Newcastle Jets will continue a freakish trend of away teams winning in all Queensland-Newcastle Hyundai A-League matches. In their five all-time matches played to date, the Roar have lost both home games (0-1 both times), but won all three matches played in Newcastle (1-0 & 5-0 in 2005/06, and 3-2 earlier this season).

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Queensland Roar Vs Newcastle Jets

Past matches

Oct 22, 2006

A-League

Queensl. Roar

0 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Sep 01, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

2 - 3

Queensl. Roar

Jul 29, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 0

Queensl. Roar

Jan 26, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 5

Queensl. Roar

Nov 20, 2005

A-League

Queensl. Roar

0 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Oct 01, 2005

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 1

Queensl. Roar

The away team has won five of the six matches played between these two teams with the other game ending in a draw. Both teams seem to take it in turns to win too, and it’s Queensland’s turn since the Jets won last time, although the Jets are the away team, so maybe a draw, who knows.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Queensland

Home

Newcastle

Away

Queensland have only conceded 4 at home in their last 8 games and have had five clean sheets which isn’t a bad effort. They have only lost to Melbourne, Adelaide and the team they play tonight, the Jets. Newcastle have only lost to Adelaide and Perth on the road and they beat Queensland last time they met here in good fashion when having much of the play.

Goals Per Shot

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Total

Queensland Roar

Total

Newcastle Jets

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Home

Queensland Roar

Away

Newcastle Jets

Both these sides should be able to get close to their average shots, and maybe above those figures, and if that is the case, then a 1-1 draw is on the cards, or maybe Queensland to score one more than the Jets.

Times Goals Scored

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Total

Queensland Roar

4 - 3

1 - 5

1 - 3

3 - 2

1 - 2

6 - 2

Total

Newcastle Jets

1 - 4

3 - 2

3 - 7

1 - 0

3 - 4

7 - 5

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Home

Queensland Roar

1 - 0

0 - 2

0 - 1

2 - 1

1 - 1

5 - 0

Away

Newcastle Jets

0 - 2

0 - 2

2 - 3

1 - 0

2 - 3

2 - 1

Queensland have only scored one goal in the first half at home in eight games, which isn’t so flash, but the Jets have only scored two goals in the first half away from home. This tends to lead to maybe a 0-0 scoreline at half time. Both sides are capable of scoring in the second half and be interesting to see how it pans out.

Ben Griffin and Reinaldo come in for Queensland which will booster the side a little but I am not sure how they are going to cope with the loss of big Sasa Ognenovski out of their defence for 2 weeks with an ankle injury. Big Sasa has been a mainstay of the Roar defence and been impassable at times, and he will definitely be missed. The Jets have promoted Steven Old and they have much the same line up as they have had for the last few weeks.

Current Odds

X

QUEENSLAND ROAR

$2.20

$3.25

$3.00

NEWCASTLE JETS

Hard game to call this one but I have to have a crack at Newcastle at the $3-00 as it screams value to me. The Jets have taken 17 points from a possible 24 in their last eight games and are playing better football than the Roar. Nick Carle and Griffiths are on fire for the Jets and I think they have many options to score goals. Queensland do play well at home tho and have Damian Mori up front, and I will save on the draw, and might also have a try at the Draw No Bet at $2-20. I think big Sasa out of the Roar defence is a big loss and the Jets will exploit that. So it is the Jets for me at the great price of $3-00.

BET

Newcastle Jets Straight Out to Win @ $3-00

Newcastle Jets Draw No Bet @ $2-20

Draw Saver Bet @ $3-25

Draw/Jets HT:FT Double @ $6-00

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th There is also some great value to be had with Multi Bets this week. Double Newcastle Jets WIN / Melbourne WIN @ $6-00 Newcastle Jets WIN / CC Mariners WIN @ $5-55 Treble Newcastle Jets WIN / Melbourne WIN / CCM Mariners WIN @ $11-10 Quad Jets WIN/ Melbourne WIN / Mariners WIN / Adelaide WIN @ $12-99

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Queensland Roar v Newcastle Jets Date: Thursday December 7 Kick-off (local time): 7.00pm Venue: Suncorp Stadium Previous meeting Queensland 0 Newcastle 1 (Suncorp Stadium, Hyundai A-League round nine, October 2006) Last five results Queensland: Loss - Loss - Loss - Loss - Win Newcastle: Draw - Win - Loss - Win - Draw Analysis Queensland remains scoreless and pointless from its two matches at home against the Jets despite, bizarrely, winning all three of the pair's league clashes in Newcastle. Frank Farina's side was certainly second-best back in round nine when a first-half goal from Vaughan Coveny laid the platform for an easy victory with Gary van Egmond's tactical masterplan simply too much for Queensland in that meeting. The odds on the domination of the away side being broken is perhaps higher this time around given the quick turnaround forced on Van Egmond's troops after only returning to Newcastle on Monday evening. They will also come up against a better disciplined Roar outfit with Farina delighted with his side's shape - featuring wide players in Spase Dilevski and Chris Grossman - in last Saturday's 1-0 victory over Perth. The construction of the midfield helped wrestle the game away from the Glory with few changes expected to the starting XI. Grossman and Dilevski should keep their places on the flanks with last week's goalscorer Matt McKay tucked in behind the front two and Stuart McLaren retaining his place ahead of skipper Chad Gibson in the holding role. Gibson, who was suspended last week, has been overlooked with Remo Buess set to be preferred as a replacement for Sasa Ognenovski, who rolled his ankle in training on Tuesday. Simon Lynch, though, has suffered no negative reaction to playing 75 minutes last weekend after a thigh niggle and looks set to resume his partnership with Damian Mori, although Reinaldo is also promoted to the squad. Van Egmond's major selection dilemma was whether to recall 19-year-old goalkeeper Ben Kennedy or stick by reserve Ivan Necevski, who replaced Kennedy last week against his former club. He has opted to keep Necevski between the sticks with youngster Tando Velaphi retaining his place on the bench. Meanwhile, Joel Griffiths, who was sent off in the side's first meeting this season, will look to improve his goal tally after scoring only his second goal of the season last weekend against the Knights. A League Website Review

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Queensland - Newcastle under 2.5 QLD at home: W 3-0 v Perth W 1-0 v NZ D 0-0 v Adelaide L 0-1 v Newcastle D 1-1 v Central Coast L 0-1 v Adelaide L 0-2 V Melbourne W 1-0 v Perth Apart from their first game, every game has gone under and QLD struggles to score while they don't give much away either. Newcastle away: D 0-0 v New Zealand L 5-1 v Adelaide D 2-2 v Sydney D 1-1 v Central Coast W 1-0 V Queensland L 2-1 v Perth W 1-0 v Melbourne D 1-1 v New Zealand Some mixed results for Newastle but 4 out of the last 5 have gone under of which they have won 2, drawn and lost 1. They have already beaten Queensland away from home and possibly could do it again. However the under looks appealing that is my pick. GL all :)

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th I fancy QLD to draw with Newcastle tonight especially considering the fact that the Jets are currently struggling with form after their devastating draws against bottom of the ladder Knights last week.

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Queensland vs Newcastle Newcastle make the trip North to take on Queensland here who have been shaky in recent times. Before their 1-0 win against Perth last week they were on a run of 6 matches without a win. In that poor run they never scored a goal either, but Frank Farina has tried to fix up their goalscoring problems with the signing of domestic superstar Damien Mori. This guy is a genuine star in Australia and im sure he will make an impact here like he did in his short stint with Central Coast. The head to heads between these two sides are very interesting, in each of the 5 games played in the league the away team has won every single time. Since i slightly favour Newcastle to win this, thats a stat which delights me. Since Gary Van Egmond took over Newcastle in Round 8, Newcastle who were winless at the time have only lost once since, which was a 94th minute loss against Perth. They also beat the best team in the league away from home 1-0 in Melbourne which was a huge result for the club. As far as team news goes, Queensland will miss Sasa Orgenovski due to an ankle injury for 2 weeks while Massimo remains out long term also with a foot injury. Ben Griffin will return to the team while the big news for Queensland is Reinaldo is back in the squad. Other than this news Queensland pretty much have a full team in, however the loss of bigman Sasa Orgenovski is a massive loss as he is a very good backman and is very good at clearing corners and dangerous free kicks thanks to his height. Newcastle have no new injury concerns this week, but Labinot Haliti remains out on international duty and Ben Kennedy is still a week or so from returning from injury. Craig Deans & Jobe Waterhouse are out for the season. Steven Old returns to the Newcastle team and he is a big inclusion as he is an important part of this team. Other than that Newcastle also have a pretty strong side in. Newcastle for the win at $3.00 is fantastic value for a team that is in fantastic form playing against team who is on a poor run taking only 9 of a possible 33 points in their last 11, while in that time Newcastle have taken 17. They beat Melbourne away from home 3 weeks ago and i cant see why they cant beat an out of form Queensland side either. Queensland missing Sasa Orgenovski is a major factor which must be taken into account also as they will miss their big backman. Another stat worth looking at is the Half Time stats, Queensland have lead at half time in only 1 of 15 appearences, while Newcastle have only lead at 2 of 15. Both teams have been level at half time 8 times and 7 times respectively screaming out that it will be equal at half time. So the Draw/Newcastle is at $6.00 is worth a shot even at a long shot. So Newcastle for me, just. Pick Newcastle to WIN at $3.00 - (4/10) Pick Draw/Newcastle at $6.00 - (2/10) Longshot Pick Newcastle to Win 0-1 at $8.00 - (1/10)

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th

;652954']How about the Under 2.5 in this game. Betfair is offering 1.83' date=' while centrebet is offering a low 1.65. Do you think Newcastle will play defence and try to sneak a goal?[/quote'] I expect a low scoring game and would definately take the $1.83 on offer for the Under at Betfair. 3 of the last 5 meetings between these two teams have ended 1-0. Also Queensland have only scored 1 goal in their last 5 matches while Newcastle have only scored more than 1 goal once in their past 5. Queensland average 1.13 and concede 1.13 on average, while NEwcastle average 1.27 and concede on average 1.47 goals a game. This suggests to me a low scoring game and i believe Newcastle will win 1-0 or maybe 1-1 Good luck with whatever you choose mate :ok

;652959']I'm just a little scared as to maybe QLD have found there scoring ability and will be confident in front of goals since last weeks victory.
Personally i dont like the Under/Over market in soccer, its toss of the coin sort of stuff in my opinion. You can look at the stats all day, but on the day there are many different variables. A team could go down to 10 men or there could be penalties scored, or anything. Stats wise this sticks out as a definate Under, but Queensland did get their scoring touch back last week and Newcastle are capable of scoring goals too. But yeah, id be going the Under if i was betting

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Less than 5 minutes til kick off. I'll try keep people updated on results if i can, but may not have access to the computer while im watching it as the girlfriend will be on doing her work. Will see what i can though :ok

Re: Australian A League Round 16 - Thursday Dec 7th - Sunday Dec 10th Jets right on top at the moment and playing like its a training drill. Queensland's attack up forward is non-existent, however they are performing ok at the back. But to make matters worse for QLD, they have lost one of their best players in Matty McKay who has gone off ill. Apparently he has a bug of some description and is vomitting... Bad news for the Roar, but they are starting to come to life a bit now

I expect a low scoring game and would definately take the $1.83 on offer for the Under at Betfair. 3 of the last 5 meetings between these two teams have ended 1-0. Also Queensland have only scored 1 goal in their last 5 matches while Newcastle have only scored more than 1 goal once in their past 5. Queensland average 1.13 and concede 1.13 on average, while NEwcastle average 1.27 and concede on average 1.47 goals a game. This suggests to me a low scoring game and i believe Newcastle will win 1-0 or maybe 1-1 Good luck with whatever you choose mate :ok
Great work Ads and good to see your terrific work back in the A League :nana

I am currently at work but am able to keep track of the LIVE Game Stats HERE 25m Queensland 0 - 1 Newcastle Jets Forget the draw at half time, let's keep Newcastle in front at $3-00 :cow
thanks.. beejay. seems like newcastle is on the fire form. :nana

Jets right on top at the moment and playing like its a training drill. Queensland's attack up forward is non-existent, however they are performing ok at the back. But to make matters worse for QLD, they have lost one of their best players in Matty McKay who has gone off ill. Apparently he has a bug of some description and is vomitting... Bad news for the Roar, but they are starting to come to life a bit now
This is what happened last time they played and Jets were all over them and hopefully it will keep up. The Jets are great value at $3-00 if nothing else, and at AH they would have been a great bet :ok