** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th)

Schedule
s.gif
s.gif
Round 12 (All times local at venue)
s.gif
Wednesday, December 6, 2006
Match (Home v Away)VenueTimeTV
>TigersvWildcatsState Netball Hockey Centre - Melbourne07:34PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
s.gif
Thursday, December 7, 2006
BreakersvTaipansNorth Shore Events Centre - Auckland07:00PM NZDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
s.gif
Friday, December 8, 2006
CrocodilesvDragonsTownsville Entertainment Centre08:00PM AEST
Kingsv36ersSydney Entertainment Centre07:30PM AEDT
s.gif
Saturday, December 9, 2006
RazorbacksvKingsSydney SuperDome07:34PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
TaipansvDragonsCairns Convention Centre07:40PM AEST
s.gif
Sunday, December 10, 2006
WildcatsvBreakersChallenge Stadium - Perth04:00PM AWST
HawksvSlingersWIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong07:40PM AEDT

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th)

what were those win / loss stats you quoted at the end of the last round all about ads? 21-3 for the season ..? what bet type is that ?
You can find the results if you click on the link below in my signature. The 21-3 means I have predicted the winner head to head 21 times out of 24 matches played. Its all explained in that link Cheers :ok

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th) Melbourne vs Perth Thought id get in early and put in an a tip for Wednesday nights match of the round between 4th place Perth travelling to east to Melbourne to take on the 2nd place Tigers at the Cage. If past history is anything to go by, this will be an epic, as 3 of the past 7 meetings have gone to overtime and this one i believe will also be a thriller. Both teams have been a bit shaky as of late, but they have still been getting the job done at the expense of their oponents. Melbourne gave up a strong lead to get over the line by 3 points against the Razorbacks in their last game, while Perth won a thriller in Melbourne last Friday night against the Dragons by 4 points in a match that went to the final 20 seconds before the Wildcats got on top. Melbourne are a renowned home team having won 22 of their last 23 at this venue, while they have played the Wildcats 9 times at this venue winning 7 of them. Overall this season Melbourne have won 6 of 7 games at home while Perth have won 5 of 9 on the road. Melbourne arent playing to their Championship capabilities of last year, but they are still grinding out good results and at home they are nearly unstoppable. The reason they have been getting results is because of their bench, they have an abundance of talent on the bench which is the reason they can run out matches. I could name players like Daryl Mac, Rashad Tucker, Chris Anstey etc and say how good they are. But its players like Steve Hoare, Axel Drench, Dave Stiff etc that carry this team to an elite level which can rarely be matched in this league. Perth also have a great side but with less big names, but players like Tony Ronaldson and Shawn Redhage who are in career best form, while they have solid back up from big man Paul Rogers, and Adam Capcorn. Wildcats will push Melbourne for most of the match and recent head to heads will back that up, but it will be Melbourne who prevails here and i think it will be another close one. On the tote Melbourne are $1.30 to win which is too short. Under 10.5 points at $2.65 is where ill be looking to bet. As its only early the Total Points Line hasnt been posted with Centrebet yet, but if its over 196.5 points then I will be inclined to take it. There are some highly attacking players involved in tonights match. Also considering 3 of the last 7 have gone to overtime, if it happened again that would garentee us an Over! Thats the only markets i'll be looking at at this stage. Will double check again tommorow and post anything that may take my fancy. Computer Generated Prediction:

Tigers25262623100
Wildcats2523232596
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Melbourne Under 10.5 Points at $2.65

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th) Last seven games between Melbourne and Perth: 10/9/05 – Melbourne 115 def Perth 105 in Overtime at the Cage 25/9/05 – Melbourne 91 def Perth 73 at Challenge 19/10/05 – Perth 100 def Melbourne 93 at Challenge 3/12/05 – Melbourne 117 def Perth 106 at the Cage 14/2/06 – Melbourne 94 def Perth 78 Semi Finals at the Cage 16/2/06 – Melbourne 106 def Perth 101 Semi Finals in Overtime at Challenge 25/10/06 – Perth 99 def Melbourne 97 in Overtime at Challenge Melbourne have the form against Perth in the last 12 months despite losing their last match to them away from home. But they have won 5 of the last 7 in some very close matches!

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th) The total points line for tongihts Melb/Perth game is 198.5 Points which will be very close. I will be looking at the overs here. Melbourne should clear 100 points tonight because they have in 5 of their 7 matches at home while they do concede a high amount of points at times also. Wildcats arent a real high scoring team, but they do have their moments while they do concede a lot of goals on average too. So look at: Over 198.5 Points at $1.90

The total points line for tongihts Melb/Perth game is 198.5 Points which will be very close. I will be looking at the overs here. Melbourne should clear 100 points tonight because they have in 5 of their 7 matches at home while they do concede a high amount of points at times also. Wildcats arent a real high scoring team, but they do have their moments while they do concede a lot of goals on average too. So look at: Over 198.5 Points at $1.90
Perth has the best defense in the NBL, statistically speaking (92ppg) ..

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th) Melbourne win by 14 so miss out on that, however I did get Melbourne on the line at 196.5 points at Centrebet. When I checked Centrebet late last night they had no Total Points Line available yet, while Sportingbet had 198.5 points which i quoted earlier. When i went to put my bets on before the game at around 6 o'clock i noticed Centrebet had 196.5 points available for the line. Did anyone else notice this? If so then thumbs up for the win, if not then very unfortunate to lose by half a point :sad

hi ads25, just started to follow this thread. do you think you could quote the bookies you are using for your prices/picks cheers
Yeah mate definitely will in future. Will either be Centrebet or Sportingbet depending on which odds/lines are better at the time.

Cheers

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th) New Zealand vs Cairns This shapes up as a crucial game for both teams and is very difficult to call. The Breakers have been a funny team this year looking brilliant at times but at other times looking very lack lustre. They have beaten the top two teams here by flogging Melbourne and beating the Brisbane Bullets, but last week were destroyed by Sydney, so it will depend on which New Zealand team shows up to play tonight. Cairns are a little more consistent being a near impossible force to stop at home winning 7 from 8, but on the road they have won 2 from 8 which is one of the worst in the league. This also shapes as an interesting contest because it will contain the leagues two highest scorers in Martin Cattalini (Cairns) and Carlos Powell (NZ). Both these guys have been near unstoppable in recent times and it sure looks to be a high scoring match so look for a possible Overs play here. The Taipans have alot of their success this year to thank to thank Cattalini for because he has been a driving force behind their wins, but when he is down the Taipans look a bit more sluggish. But they arent short on talent this squad, Darnell Mee is in fantastic form at the moment while the likes of Kevin Owens, Anthony Stewart and Aaron Grabau provide excellent support to an alround sort of team. They are very strong defensively aswell. New Zealand are lead by their three main players in Carlos Powell, Brian Wethers & Ben Pepper and they really need these three firing together at the same time because it will create problems for any team in this league, but as so often is the case they never do. But they are brilliant players on their day, Carlos Powell can turn a game on its end with his brilliant skills while they have good support in players such as Paul Henare and Aaron Olsen. Henare is fantastic to watch when he gets going but is a little inconsistent. Also worth noting is th at Cairns is about a 4 hour plane trip to New Zealand, so Cairns who are only 2 wins from 8 on the road and making a long trip to a different country makes it a very tough task for them. Another stat that favours the Breakers here is that Cairns have never won at this venue. Cairns and Adelaide are the only two teams in the league not to have scored a win against New Zealand at this venue.

For value, New Zealand are a good price for a win here at $1, but even better at Under 10.5 with $2.85 available. Another stat that jumps out at me is on the Half Time Ladder, Cairns are a great first half team winning 10 of 16 in total ranking them #2, while the Breakers have only won 6 of 14 ranking them #7. So for $6.00 the Cairns/Breakers HT/FT might be a good long shot option to get some great value. The Total Points line for this game is 203.5 which I believe will get covered pretty easy by two attacking teams. So check out the following: Computer Generated Prediction:

Breakers27252427103
Taipans24262624100

Suggested Bets to Look Into:

New Zealand Win at $1.77 New Zealand Under 10.5 at $2.85 Total Points Over 203.5 at $1.90 Cairns/NewZealand HT/FT at $6.00

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th) Hi ads25! Nice work with your computer generated prediction :clap I only have one suggestion , actualy request. Is it possible for you to post your computer generated prediction earlyer. Because I am from Europe, and I usually can't get to the computer that early :zzz (in Europe). Thanx and keep up the good work.:ok

Hi ads25! Nice work with your computer generated prediction :clap I only have one suggestion , actualy request. Is it possible for you to post your computer generated prediction earlyer. Because I am from Europe, and I usually can't get to the computer that early :zzz (in Europe). Thanx and keep up the good work.:ok
Thanks man, all seems to be going along quite well. In future i will try and get my predictions in as early as possible for you guys in Europe if time allows me. Cheers :ok

Computer Generated Prediction:
Breakers27252427103
Taipans24262624100

Suggested Bets to Look Into:

New Zealand Win at $1.77 :clap New Zealand Under 10.5 at $2.85 :clap Total Points Over 203.5 at $1.90 :clap Cairns/NewZealand HT/FT at $6.00 :clap
New Zealand win 113-106 (Prediction 103-100), plus Cairns lead 51-54 at Half Time getting our longshot HT/FT up also. Computer Predictions are now 23 wins from 26 (88%) There are six games remaining in the round. Two games on Friday, two games on Saturday and two games on Sunday. So will try and get my tips in early for the European based punters

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 12 (Dec. 6th to Dec. 10th) WOW! man you are hot!!! but to bad for me the game started little bit too early to put a bet on, but great stuff. Will follow your friday picks so dont get bitten by a snake (as i heard you got some top 10 killer snakes down under)..lol.

WOW! man you are hot!!! but to bad for me the game started little bit too early to put a bet on' date=' but great stuff. Will follow your friday picks so dont get bitten by a snake (as i heard you got some top 10 killer snakes down under)..lol.[/quote'] Yeah those early games are killers. Always got to remind myself that its an early game when played in New Zealand. The Singapore games are annoying too as they are usually a couple of hours late. Thanks for the kind words guys, things are going great guns at the moment and hopefully the good times can keep rolling. :ok