** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November

Brann v Helsingborg (14:00 GMT)2.283.303.10107%Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Lillestrøm v Hammarby (14:00 GMT)2.103.403.60105%Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/Under
Viborg v Elfsborg (14:00 GMT)2.903.302.50105%Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/Under
AIK v VÃ¥lerenga (15:00 GMT)2.453.303.10104%Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/Under
Odense v Rosenborg (16:00 GMT)3.003.302.62102%Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November With 5 matches coming in the royal league on sunday there should be some good oppourtunities finding some nice bets. With no matches that gives odds under 2, it is obvious that some of them are going to be tight ones. At first sight the looks on Lillestrøm pleases me. With Hammarbys recent after season turmoils, well commented in the previous thread, and Lillestrøm wanting to get something out of their disappointing season, there should be value in a home win. The home team have had some squad problems themselves, changing coach recently and key players wanting to leave the club. Both Robert Koren (26/10/26 and 9 assists.) and Michael Mifsud (24/11/26) wants to play in a bigger league, but they are still "stuck" at Lillestrøm for now. Many clubs have been putting in bids, but no one high enough for the club. Point being that royal league might be their "window" for leaving, the possibility to show off for scouts from other clubs. They have also been open for staying now that Tom Nordlie has been assigned as new manager. Their new-assigned coach, Tom Nordlie have a remarkable record in Norway, leading Start to a top position last year and saving Viking from relegation this year. His main attribute is discipline, and captain Frode Kippe has already stated that he is thrilled with the new manager. At sunday it will be Nordlies first on the bench and I believe he will make an immediate impact. He has been in the club for a couple of weeks, so his theory of style should be applied in the players already. Defender Anders Rambekk (24/1/26) is probably leaving the club, he will be missed, but they have players which didn`t get chances to play under the former coach, Røsler, will use them good. In fact one of the problems in the team last year were that the "second best" players got their chance and when the defence started to struggle on the late season, they were almost without reliable back-ups. More info coming later...

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Forgive my enthuisasm, but it seems like signals from Lillestrøm are that Jan Åge Fjørtoft will be on the bench for Lillestrøm on sunday, not Nordlie. Reports are always rather vague in the norwegian media when there are a couple of days before kick-off. The squad for the match aren`t official yet too. Hammarby coach, Gustavsson, replied after the loss against Brøndby yesterday that he was satisfied with his teams performance even with loosing the match. Many fans have in forums slammed the goalie, Lekstrøm, for his actions yesterday. His confdence dropping and as G:G said in the last thread, he isn`t better. It is also worth noticing that Hammarby are playing their 3rd match in 8 days on sunday. An already tired squad after a long season, it would definitely have effect on some of the players. Still leening on a home win here, but will wait for the squads being picked.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November I´m with you on this one, kimera :ok , Hammarby are in a bad position right now. But I actually kind of agree with Gustavsson, they played rather well against Bröndby, even outplaying them for about 60 mins. They suffered from an individual mistake and bad goalkeeping, but thats part of the game too. This game may be different though: Hammarby are strong at home, and they always play well against teams who are not very physical and like to keep the ball on the ground. I dont know how Lilleström plays their football, I´m hoping for feedback on this. Hammarby will for sure have a weak 11 compared to the one that finished 3d in the leauge, and as kimera said, they should be a bit tired. I´ll just wait for info about Lilleström, but it looks already like a homewin.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Brann-Helsingborg Branns squad for sunday: Goalies: Opdal og Thorbjørnsen; Defenders: Dahl, Bjørnsson, Bjarnason, Knudsen, Guntveit; Midfielders: Huseklepp, Monkam, Haugen, Vaagan Moen, Gashi; Attackers: Ludvigsen, Memelli, Ystaas og Helstad As you all can see many "second-best" players will be involved on sunday. Captain Martin Andresen (24/1/26), full-back Erlend Hanstveit (24/26), striker Bengt Sæternes (24/9/26), Eirik Bakke (played 7 of 8 matches after he came from Leeds) and centre-back Kristjan Sigurdsson (24/26) are all out with injuries. Also they have lost both of the scots, Robbie Winters and Charlie Miller after the season. Håkon Opdal is recovering from an throat operation, so he is doubtful. Former long-term injuries, Trond Fredrik Ludvigsen and Cato Guntveit are promised playing time from Mjelde on sunday. Both being out for nearly the whole season with serious injuries. At first I think that this team should be an easy match for Helsingborg, Brann mssing all these players, but against Rosenborg (won 3-1 away) they travelled with nearly the same squad. Now they play at home and Brann stadion which were their fortress this year (9-2-2). Helsingborg haven`t picked their squad yet, but away against Rosenborg they travelled with their best squad possibly, a match they won 3-1. On sunday Henke Larsson will not be in the squad, a defintite weakness for the team, scoring two goals against Rosenborg. For now, this is a no bet. With all the uncertainty over which team Helsingborg will travel with and the unpredictable squad in Brann. Have to wait and see on this one...

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November

I´m with you on this one' date=' kimera :ok , Hammarby are in a bad position right now. But I actually kind of agree with Gustavsson, they played rather well against Bröndby, even outplaying them for about 60 mins. They suffered from an individual mistake and bad goalkeeping, but thats part of the game too. This game may be different though: Hammarby are strong at home, and they always play well against teams who are not very physical and like to keep the ball on the ground. I dont know how Lilleström plays their football, I´m hoping for feedback on this. Hammarby will for sure have a weak 11 compared to the one that finished 3d in the leauge, and as kimera said, they should be a bit tired. I´ll just wait for info about Lilleström, but it looks already like a homewin.[/quote'] You asked about Lillestrøms playing style. Up front they will probably play Oliver Occean, a very strong american who are strong in the box. He and smaller/faster attckers Myklebust/Mifsud fit well together in combining abilities. Occean has been out of form, but a new coach and a goal last match should be morale-boosting for him. In the midfield they have Koren as the creative force with hardworkers (often hardplaying), Wehrmann and Søgård. On the wingers they have Bjørn Helge Riise, played his first national match against Serbia recently, a fast moving right-winger who has been very strong this year. On the left side, they have tried different players, but I am guessing Pål Strand will play there. He has a "touchy" left foot providing alot of good corners and assists. It depends if he is free of injury though. The two centre-backs Kippe and Andresen aren`t the fastest one, but strong headers and good anticipators. The weakest link for Lillestrøm have been the full-backs, doing too much mistakes with the ball and being to passive getting forward. One of the areas you can count on Lillestrøm are on corners and free-kicks. They often get goals in that way. As a conclusion I feel free to say that Lillestrøm are hardworking physical team which fights hard for the ball. Røsler wanted that from his players and as I know Nordlie right, he is worse demanding hard work in 90+ minutes. Actually that were one of the reasons he made newly-promoted Start a success last season...

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Thank you for your answer about Lillsetröm, kimera. It was the answer I hoped for, and I´m leaning towards a homewin even more. 2,10 is pretty good. Do you know that Larsson won´t play? I was considering Helsingborg, but without Larsson its not that tasty anymore. If Odense will have a weak start 11, then Rosenborg might be a valuebet. Questions, questions...

Thank you for your answer about Lillsetröm, kimera. It was the answer I hoped for, and I´m leaning towards a homewin even more. 2,10 is pretty good. Do you know that Larsson won´t play? I was considering Helsingborg, but without Larsson its not that tasty anymore. If Odense will have a weak start 11, then Rosenborg might be a valuebet. Questions, questions...
Henrik Larsson has stated that he finds the royal league useless when sides often plays second squads. Otherwise he is also finishing his long and fantastic career with Helsingborg, I guess he will concentrate fully on the season when it starts. Helsingborg are also resting centre-back Andreas Jakobsson (21/26) and first goalie Daniel Andersson (26/26) tomorrow. Striker, Luton Shelton (19/9/26) and defender Franco Miranda (13/26), which rested against Rosenborg are back in the squad. As always in this time of year the pitches up north tend to be bad. At Brann I don`t see an exception. When the away team played against Rosenborg there were a lot of complaints about the pitch, and the interesting thing were that Helsinborg handled it best. Anyways, I will come back more info later, have to get some studying done...:ok

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Lillestrøm-Hammarby I have already said alot about this match so no need to explain much more. Latest news at Lillestrøm is that Michael Mifsud has left the club for good, but he was very doubtful for this match anyways. He didn`t play last match against Hammarby when they were even 1-1 in Sweden. Robert Koren will play, says Jan Åge Fjørtoft who also said that he will field his best squad possible tomorrow. Defender Anders Rambekk is injured, he is a good player, but expecting to leave the club in the near future anyways, so I don`t consider him a big loss. Don`t have the exact squad but they have all players avaliable... Hammarbys squad: 1. Ante Covic 2. David Johansson 3. Petur Marteinsson 4. Fredrik Stoor 8. Klebèr Saarenpää 13. Max von Schleebrügge 15. Petter Furuseth-Olsen 16. Gunnar Thor Gunnarsson 17. Erikan Zengin 18. Haris Laitinen 19. Paulinho Guará 21. Jeffrey Aubynn 22. Sebastián Eguren 24. Benny Lekström 25. Sebastian Castro-Tello 26. Isak Dahlin 28. José Monteiro 29. Toni Nhleko No changes in the squad since the match against Brøndby, which means Pinones-Arce is injured. Ante Covic, Petur Marteinsson and Petter Furuseth-Olsen have already signed for other clubs, but still they are included. Hammarby playing their 3rd match in 8 days and coach Gustavsson responded when asked about it; "It is correct an we have to be smart when having the ball..." Not a very offensive-minded thought in my opinion. Lillestrøm with a new coach and well-rested players will take this one home. Hammarby gave away the lead against Brøndby and were never able to get back in the game, they are a tired lot, waiting for a break to come. My bets: Lillestrøm straight win, 2.10 @betsson. Olivier Occean to score, no odds found yet.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November OB-Rosenborg The norwegian side have started with to clear losses in this league, both 1-3. For me the first loss at home vs. Brann came as a shock to me. Rosenborg fielding their best players, loosing to a B-sided Brann. The loss against Helsingborg were much more expected, using some youngsters. The difference that day was Henrik Larsson who scored two late goals to finish the match off. The away squad tomorrow will consist of: Rosenborg (4-3-3): Alexander Lund-Hansen - Jan Gunnar Solli, Bjørn Tore Kvarme, Christer Basma, Mikael Dorsin - Alexander Tettey,Vidar Riseth, Per Ciljan Skjelbred - Karim Essediri, Steffen Iversen, Øyvind Storflor. They miss Roar Strand (in africa) and Marek Sapara (back-injury). Alao they will start with their second goalie, Lars Hirschfeld being benched. If Rosenborg have any ambitions in this tourney they have to show something tomorrow. Christer Basma said after last match that he wasn`motivated at all for this tournament, something manager Knut Tørum only laughed at. He stated that his players are getting there and should be motivated. Steffen Iversen didn`t play last time, being on of the topscorers this year he is definitely an important asset for the club. OB besides Fc Købehavn are the only team still playing in Europe yet. And they are doing very good, holding top french team Lens to a draw on Thursday, being the better team also. A good question is how the players will motivate themselves for this clash? Saw Jonne mentioned that they will field a b-side tomorrow, but I can`t find any info to confirm that. OB having a tight schedule, I have to assume that not all of their best will play. The team have showed to be a good team, but at home they are only 4-4-2 this year, away 6-1-1. Their strength being the team who sit back and wait for other to get forward maybe? Anyways, they are playing their first match in royal league. I am careful when waiting to know how they will approach this... Need to know more before placing a bet, but when I consider motivation and the must win-situation for the away team, I am tempted at the prize on Rosenborg...

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November AIK-Vålerenga Last match the home team were thrashed 0-4 against Elfsborg. This time playing at home they will not be any pushovers said coach Norling. This season they have been instrumental at home, recording 9-3-1 on their 13 home matches. The former Vålerenga player, Bernt Hulsker is really looking forward to this game, wanting to beat his old club. Their squad for the match look like this: Squad against Vålerenga: Daniel Örlund, Niklas Sandberg, Per Karlsson, Daniel Tjernström, Miran Burgic, Wilton Figueiredo, Bernt Hulsker, Daniel Arnefjord, Jimmy Tamandi, Markus Jonsson, Robert Åhman-Persson, Nicklas Bergh, Mats Rubarth, Daniel Mendes, Pierre Bengtsson, Gabriel Özkan och Dulee Johnson. Out are Niclas Karlsson (21/26), Mattias Moström (17/26), Kristian Haynes (8/26), Kenny Pavey (19/26), Admir Catovic (0/26) and Dennis Østlundh (2/26). Brwa Nouri (0/26) is inegible. Coach Norling have also said that they need pull back from the bad display against Elfsborg and there is nothing better to do it at home. Vålerenga beat Elfsborg 2-1 a week ago, and since then beating Viborg 1-0 on thursday. They are in form, but now they play away for the first time in royal league and with a weakened squad compared with the one at home vs. Viborg: Squad against AIK: 30 Øyvind Bolthof, 35 Robin Vikskjold, 3 Allan K. Jepsen, 4 Thomas Holm, 5 André Muri, 6 Freddy dos Santos, 10 Jan Derek Sørensen, 13 Jarl André Storbæk, 15 Alexander Mathisen, 17 Mohammed Fellah, 18 Rune Lange, 19 Christian Grindheim, 21 Tom Henning Hovi, 22 Ronny Johnsen, 23 Tore André Flo, 27 Glenn Roberts, 31 Amin Nouri, 33 Harmeet Singh Vålerenga are travelling to Stockholm without Morten Berre, Kjetil Wæhler, Arni Gautur Arason and Daniel Fredheim Holm. Seeing that coach Myhre is giving a lot of youngsters the possibillity to travel it might be some of the normal starters would be benched. Tiredness may have gotten an effect on Vålerenga too, playing their 3rd match in a short period after a long season. Also, Vålerenga were not the aggressive team as I expected winning 1-0 against Viborg. Viborg absolutely had their chances to even the score, but the lack of power in front for them didn`t follow through. Tomorrow they face a definite hungrier team than Viborg was. To win this they have to be much more focused and alive than on thursday. I believe AIK has more than a fair chance to win this against Vålerenga, which after a great period, will have a dip in form. Taking the home win, with small stakes, believing I am correct in my judgment on Vålerenga. My bet: AIK, straight win, 2.46 @betsson

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Some short comments about all matches: Viborg playing at home against an Elfsborg who wants to improve their performance against Vålerenga, loat 1-2. They will miss their best centre-back in this one, Jan Jønsson. Talented Falk-Olander will probably take his place. Forwards Denni Avdic and possibly Matthias Svensson. Striker Joakim Sjøhage are cleared for play though, he is expected to go straight in the starting eleven. Anders Linderoth will continue his offensive style which they started with, and played rather well, against Vålerenga. They will also miss a centre-back, Jesper Andersen. He got injured on thursday. Elfsborg have some quality players, especially Anders Svensson, who can turn things good if he gets his chances being creative. If I knew Viborg had some quality up front I maybe would have gone for the home win, but they don`t so I will stay out of this one, feeling it can go both ways. No bet. Brann is far to unsure to touch tomorrow, with players who can perform very well to totally crap. Helsingborg coming to Norway with a good team, but Rosenborg had a better team when Brann won 3-1 in Trondheim. Still I haven`t seen the squad to Odense, so the match against Rosenborg stay untouched. The away team having a good team playing, the question lies in the motivation? AIK wants to repair the crushing away at Elfsborg. Having a great home record and motivated players makes the bet a nice one. Having a feeling Vålerenga on their way down in form I believe, playing bad at home, still they won 1-0 after a very early goal. The away team has had an amazing streak lately, but it can`t go on forever. Viborgs ineffectiveness saved them and my bet on the home team on thursday... Lillestrøm is my main bet tomorrow. The bet is well explained and need no more comments. Hammarby are fatigued and will not hold the whole match.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Thanks, guys...:) Btw, the starters from Lillestrøm today: Otto Fredrikson – Dan Anton Johansen, Pål Steffen Andresen, Frode Kippe, Shane Stefanutto – Espen Søgård, Robert Koren, Khaled Mouelhi, Pål Strand – Olivier Occean, Magnus Myklebust. Only one I miss is winger Bjørn Helge Riise, on the bench are also Kasey Wehrman, striker Arild Sundgodt and Martin Husar as the important ones.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Excellent, kimera! I have already put a bet on Lilleström, and I go with you on AIK. I´ll give Rosenborg a try too, you gave me good reasons. About AIK: Kenny Pavey has been injured for quite a while now, but Niklas Karlsson, central defender, will be missed. In my opinion AIK do not have anyone who can replace him good enough.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Viborg - Elfsborg: I think that Elfsborg are the better team, Viborg´s not doing well in the leauge, with a disappointing 9th place right now. Viborgs homerecord is not good: 4-2-4 12-16. Elfsborg has been good away, 6-6-1 22-12, and I can really see them getting all three points here. Jon Jönsson is very important, and that is something that speaks against them. Joakim Sjöhage, on the other hand, will do a good job if replacing Svensson up front, adding excellent speed to Elfsborg´s attacking. 2,45 is worth a small stake, but I think there´s a clear risk for a draw.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Great work all, today for me I agree with AIK and take 1X 10/10 and 1 5/10, AIK will bounce back from Elfsborg game without troubles today. I also agree on RBK, must win game for them so 5/10 on away win here. GL to you all :cheers

Viborg - Elfsborg: I think that Elfsborg are the better team, Viborg´s not doing well in the leauge, with a disappointing 9th place right now. Viborgs homerecord is not good: 4-2-4 12-16. Elfsborg has been good away, 6-6-1 22-12, and I can really see them getting all three points here. Jon Jönsson is very important, and that is something that speaks against them. Joakim Sjöhage, on the other hand, will do a good job if replacing Svensson up front, adding excellent speed to Elfsborg´s attacking. 2,45 is worth a small stake, but I think there´s a clear risk for a draw.
Agree on thoughts that Elfsborg are the better team, but Viborgs performance away against VÃ¥lerenga worried me a bit. They played well and it looks like danes may have gotten a boost changing coaches. But if you go for the away win I wish you the best of luck though.:hope I prefer only watching how it goes...;)

FT[9]:Team_en(813)'>Viborg* [1.875] :ShowDetails_en(96019)'>2 - 2:ShowPk_en(96019)'> 0 :Team_en(562)'>Elfsborg [1] [1.925
FTW [4]:Team_en(280)'>Lillestrom* [1.875] :ShowDetails_en(96004)'>2 - 0:ShowPk_en(96004)'> 0.5 :Team_en(366)'>Hammarby [3] [1.925
FT[2]:Team_en(508)'>Brann* [1.95] :ShowDetails_en(95993)'>2 - 2:ShowPk_en(95993)'> 0/0.5 :Team_en(47)'>Helsingborg [4] W [1.85]
As expected, Brann turned again out to be unreliable. Being totally crap in the first half, turning things around scoring two. Helsinborg had one in the post in overtime. Viborg should have won this, Elfsborg equalised just before the whistle. Lillestrøm did their work, reports said that their goalie wasn`t tested for 78` were played, the home team totally owned the game... As a curiousity I can mention that the first goal came after a corner. It is 0-0 HT between AIK and Vålerenga, the home team definetly been closer the goal. Vålerenga started without Holm, Flo and Lange and I suspect it won`t be long until they are brought on. Signs are though that AIK are the more interested of the two teams.

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Ended 1-1. AIK gets a totally unnecessary red card, the team is in disorder and VÃ¥lerenga equalised... They would have made it hasn`t it been for the red card. Bernt Hulsker, he who got it, are known for his temper, but in an age of 29 it should be time to avoid stupid moves like tonight!:wall

Re: Royal Leauge Sunday 26 November Back from Råsunda, have calmed down a bit. Looked good until two idiots made their moves: No 1 the ref, who did not see a clear foul and card made by a Vålerenga defender, no 2 Hulsker with a totally unnecessary red card. Well, thats football sometimes, but I hoop that ref doesn´t show his face at Råsunda again. Great work this round kimera, I ended up 1/3, but you can´t win every time.