Legal Stiumlatants and the like...

H-Bomb

I was reading an old article from Poker Player when they featured various things to help you concentrate and focus, as well as give you energy at the poker table - green tea, Red Bull and various chemical things. Anyway, after FT'ing on Monday night and being unbelievably tired by the time 1:30 came around to start back up, I thought I'd look at trying them out (as well as the glowing recommendation on this month's PP letters page). Usually I'll sit and sip on a strong coffee while playing, but it doesn't help my concentration, just keeps me from dozing off when the game starts to run late. So, upon inspecting the list, I went with DMAE to try out. Obviously, once they arrive and I start on my regime, I'll post back with my findings, and those at the APAT event can see how it's going first hand! Anyway, I use coffee to keep me buzzing at the table, usually, but I did go onto the Red Bull (and then cider) at the PP Grand Prix final, which seemed to do the trick as well. Anyone else use things to keep them alert at the table? How about techniques to keep focused while playing at home, on-line? I find my mind wanders more if I'm at home, even if I'm making a conscious effort to keep focused.

Re: Legal Stiumlatants and the like... Oh, I did forget the pre-tournament banana for a nice, slow release of energy. I've also taken to having a cookie or something similar with my coffee during the break. I just hate when my concentration started to wander and then I get tempted into playing weaker cards because I think it's the right time, or I haven't thought enough about the situation/context of the hand.