the charity trail

aliando

this is something that i've been thinking about doing for a while but will now get started i've found this site http://www.greatgifts.org.uk/ and plan to make my way through the gifts plan; - i will start with £6 (rather than buying any xmas cards) - i will use various betting methods - not necessarily with strict strategies (edit - taken away the maximum bet - if it fails, then i start again!) - my aim will be to get the bank to double the next gift - ie the first gift is a

library card a library card

£6

If you like giving books at Christmas, this gift is even better. A library card will unlock a world of learning to a young person in Ethiopia. It means they can join the new public library in Adet Town. Here, they’ll not only learn vocational skills, they’ll also be educated about HIV/AIDS and the dangers of substance abuse.

so my target will be £12 - once one gift is achieved I will donate the money and move onto the next one and work my way up - i'll not necessarily aim for each gift , some i will miss out, but i will aim for most :hope this works as i feel it is very important - it may not be quick but if i can achieve just one gift, then i've at least done something if anyone wishes to join in, then feel free to either add your own attempts here or start another thread, but the more people trying, the better. alternatively, you could aim towards donations of a charity of your own choice - theres no rules, its just an attempt to help others who have a lot less than us :ok

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.