Basketball Euroleague Round 3

Wednesday 8 November 2006
AwayHomebookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Energie Cologne v Tau Ceramica (19:15 GMT)5.001.23102%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultHighest Scoring HalfWinning Margin
Pau-Orthez v CSKA Moscow (19:30 GMT)4.601.27101%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
Benetton Treviso v Ãœlker Istanbul (19:45 GMT)1.353.90100%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
Joventud Badalona v Partizan Beograd (19:45 GMT)1.284.20102%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
SS Napoli v Aris Thessaloniki (19:45 GMT)1.423.30101%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultRace to 10ptsRace to 20ptsWinning Margin
Olimpia v Panathinaikos (20:30 GMT)4.801.24102%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultRace to 10ptsRace to 20ptsWinning Margin
Thursday 9 November 2006
AwayHomebookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Cibona v Unicaja Malaga (17:15 GMT)1.951.95103%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
Dynamo Moscow v Climamio Bologna (17:15 GMT)1.274.60101%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
Efes Pilzen v Le Mans (18:15 GMT)1.244.60103%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
Maccabi Elite v Lottomatica RM (18:45 GMT)1.254.90101%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
Olympiakos v Prokom Trefl (18:45 GMT)1.109.00103%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin
Zalgiris Kaunas v Barcelona (18:45 GMT)2.221.76102%Related markets...Match ResultMoney LineHalf-time/Full-timePoint Spread- - -Total Points1st Half Odd or Even1st Quarter Total PointsHalf-time HandicapHalf-time Point SpreadHighest Scoring HalfOdd or Even Team Total- - -Odd or Even Total1st Quarter Handicap- - -1st Quarter Point SpreadHandicap ResultWinning Margin

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Olimpija - Panathinaikos Pick: Olimpija (+8,5) @ 1.9 Expekt 7/10 Reasoning: Since the departure of coach Mohorič, Olimpija started to play surprisingly much better. Their lastest three matches only confirm that. Cibona away - lost 83-86 (ABA-NLB league) Lottomatica home - win 83-72 (Euroleague) Bosna away - win 78-69 (ABA-NLB league) They are also nearly back in full strenght as star playmaker Arslan and veteran Ivica Jurkovič are expected to play tonight, but Ožbolt is missing from tonights roster. Good news for the home team is also that Marko MIlič (the crowd favourite) is playing very well recently and is finding his old form. Panathinaikos won their first two EL matches away to Jovnetut 82-79, and at home to Cibona 86-69, the later win is IMO much to big, as Cibona was only six points behind at the end of the last quarter. I will not be betting on the straight win, but the handicap margin is simply to good to ignore, especially at 1.9 odds. IMO the HW is also possible, not just because Olimpija is playing better but also the home crowd will create a wonderful athmosphere in the Tivoli arena (already sold out) and is always a sixth player for the home team.

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Event: Eldo Napoli 0-2 (ITA) - Aris TT Bank 1-1 (GRE) Place: Napoli , Italy Date: 08/11/2006 Time: 19.45 GMT Time Sports: Basketball Tournament: Euroleague Round: Robin Comments: Sincerely I do not succeed to understand this line, the Aris has begun the season really much good, in the Greek League (HEBA) is in the first position (4-1) with the Pao and also in Euroleague it is making much good, having beat the Ulker and having lost fighting against the great Cska. It is a team without great individualities, but much compact and for sure solid, with IMO one of the best defense of this Euroleague and I believe that it has all the means in order to make match at pari against this Naples. The Italian team is not in a good moment and IMO is much little team regarding the Greeks, is a team who bases its game on the offence with spectacular players as Trepagnier, Brown, Sesay and Morandais... but little regular and therefore much discontinuous. At the moment Naples inspires little confidence, little solidity and the fact that can be worth 1,40 IMO is an invention. Therefore I go with confidence, especially in the HP on the Greeks, hoping that it will repeat the performances of the pasts weeks.. Prediction: HP +6.0 - Aris TT Bank To Win Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Odds: 1.943 Stakes: 1.5/2.5 ---------------------------- Prediction: Moneylines - Aris TT Bank To Win Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Odds: 3.20 Stakes: 0.5/2.5 http://www.freewebs.com/yourmoneies/0811euroleague.htm GL YourMoneies

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3

Dont want to edit my pick, so just wanted you to see the atmosphere that is awaiting PAO tonight in Ljubljana. Dont think that it would be an theather crowd like in Germany...lol Link
Hi mate, the Olimpija is without Ozbolt, I think the best player in the team of Ljubljana. http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/3085/180/olimpija-ozbolt-out-a-month Regards

Hi mate, the Olimpija is without Ozbolt, I think the best player in the team of Ljubljana. http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/3085/180/olimpija-ozbolt-out-a-month Regards
Yeah i know, but as i wrote in the other thread Ožbolt has been ijured for the better part of the last season and still hasnt found the form that made him national player. Also Olimpija had good cover on his position with Ranniko playing really well this season and also with predicted return of Arslan (heard in on the radio), Ožbolt certainly wont be missed. The big factor in todays game is excellent form and leadership of Marko Milič and od course the home crowd. If you look at the stats (ignore the last year, because the team was taken over by money making agency which brought just crap players) you will find that away wins in Tivoli are in minority. Olimpija has beaten here the powerhouses of EUro basket as Maccabi, Barcelona, Real Madrid...., so i think it would be a tight game.

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Olimpija +9.5 looks great to me. i dont like panathinaikos this year,they are expecting everything from Diamantides,perhaps the best player in europe at the moment,but not enough,i think panathinaikos is missing Spanoulis too much,they didnt replace him succesfully,and also all newcomers are playing below expectations so far HOME WIN :clap I disagree of what mentioned above concerning the Napoli vs Aris match, imo,NAPOLI is onother home win and Banker to win by more than 6.5 points. GL! :cheers

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Energie Cologne +10 v Tau Ceramica 10 @ 1.877 Pinnacle RheinEnergie (0-2) has had a tough start to the season, registering back-to-back losses away against Dynamo Moscow(-7) and at home against Efes Pilsen (-14). Meanwhile, Tau Ceramica (1-1) bounced back from its opening night road loss against Olympiacos (-19) with a big home win against Dynamo (+16) Both teams will have studied each other well, especially since both coaches, Velimir Perasovic of Tau and Sasha Obradovic of RheinEnergie, faced each other many times as elite players at both club and national team levels. If Tau manages to control the tempo and force a fast-paced game, it will be tough on the hosts, even if RheinEnergie is as determined as ever to thank their fans with a big home win. gl

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Benetton Treviso -6.5 v Ãœlker Istanbul 10 @ 1.90 Ladbrokes Benetton (1-1) has been almost unbeatable recently at home, where it has won its last eight Euroleague games. Its last home loss came almost a year ago, on November 30, 2005, when Tau Ceramica won in Treviso. Benetton (1-1) beat Zalgiris Kaunas (+13)in Treviso to start this season before losing against Winterthur FCB(-13) last week. Meanwhile, Fenerbahce Ulker (0-2) is still looking for its first win after back-to-back losses away against Aris (-8) and at home against Pau-Orthez(-2). gl

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Olimpia v Panathinaikos -5.5 (Alt. Hand.) 10 @ 1.70 Eurobet Panathinaikos has won 5 of 6 road games against Olimpija. Panathinaikos (2-0) has won at DKV Joventut(+3) and against Cibona(+17) Olimpija (1-1) lost(-16) its opening game against Cibona but beat(+11) Lottomatica Roma at home last week. Olimpija will be without Ender Arslan, while Ivica Jurkovic is also questionable for this game. Panathinaikos arguably has one of the deepest backcourts in the league featuring Tony Delk, Dimitris Diamantidis, Nikos Hatzivrettas, Ramunas Siskauskas and Sani Becirovic, who will be awarded a warm ovation when he faces his former team on an emotional night for him. gl

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Joventut Badalona vs. Partizan Pivara This pick is based realy mostly on the form of Partizan in the last weeks, especially their crushing of mighty Maccabi and good performance in ABA league. Their team is very young and wants to prove themselves on the European stage. Their main strenght are both centres - young Kosta Perovic (2.17) and internationaly proven Predrag Drobnjak (2.13) who with great three point shooters Luka Bogdanovic, Cumminggs and Tripkovič form a respectable line up who could easily cope with the best. On the other side the biggest worry is also their youth, as they can have big osilations in their game, which they have shown in two meeting in ABA leagu, having been beaten with 10+ points. Juventut IMO are counting too much on their star Rudy Fernandez (vs Panathinaikos 34 pts.) and veteran Betts. If Partizan can stop one of them the battle is nearly won. Also Badalona had two straight defeats at home (Panathinaikos and Caja San Fernando), and are probably missing Archibald and Flis. IMO were in for a tight match, and with spread of 8 points, that could be easily won by away team. Pick: Partizan Pivara +8 @ 1.87 10Bet 5/10 BTW: 10Bet has overall better odds for Olimpija - PAO game - Olimpija +9,5 @ 1.87

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Just watched on news that Arslan and Jurkovič wont be playing tonight for Olimpija. Head coach Okorn said that he wants only players who are 100% fit. So this will be quite a handicap for the home team. Me personally am still going with the written bet as i still hope that full Tivoli would give the home team wings... Sorry if i mislead you, but i heard on the radio /this morning) that the duo would perform tonight.

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Sadly got burned by both my picks. I dont know what was going on with Partizan who scored miserable 50 pts, maybe it way the youth factor or Juventut were simply brilliant as they trashed the Serbs. On the other hand i watched the Olimipija - PAAO game, and could say that Olimpija simply had too little players - with the rotation and pressing play by PAO coach Obradovič visitors squeezed out the juice from the home team. Anyway Olimpija held out app. 25/27 minutes when they came to -2 points, but from there all went downhill for them. Obradovič took a minute break, and PAO quickly after led by 10 pts, from which there was no return. Home coach tried to motivate the players for the final push, but when Milič (IMO player of the game, he rebounded like Rodman used to) got his fifth personal everything way finished. I believe that healthy Olimpija (with Arslan, Ožbolt, Zupan & Jurkovič) could have won the match, as definsively they were great, but on the attacking side Ranniko & Milič were just to little to turn around the game, at least Arslan could rest Ranniko and bring the tempo up & Jurkovič with his experience would help a lot.

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Cibona +1.5 v Unicaja Malaga 10 @ 1.83 Paddy Power Cibona started the season with a win at home against Union Olimpija(+16), and loss at Panathinaikos(-17). Unicaja losing in overtime at Maccabi Tel Aviv (-5)in Week 1 and then falling at home to Joventut(-2) Cibona has been one of the better rebounding teams this year, ranks second in fouls committed with 25.5 per game and leads the league in free throw percentage at 88.2% Cibona playmakers Davor Kus and Jamal McCullough, plus leading scorer Chris Warren, will have to hold their own on both ends against the Unicaja rotation. gl

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Event: Cibona Zagreb 1-1 (CRO) - Unicaja Malaga 0-2 (SPA) Place: Zagreb, Croatia Date: 09/11/2006 Time: 17.00 GMT Time Sports: Basketball Tournament: Euroleague Round: Robin Comments: Malaga has begun the season so bad, is sure not playing its best basketball and also physically has some problems, inasmuch as Brown, A.Sanchez and Cabezas will not be of the match. But it has need of this W and potentially to our warning the Spanish have much more quality regarding the Croatians, than without doubt is in Euroleague that in Adriatic League are playing enough well, but obviously they are a team enough limited and from the modest quality for the value of top the teams in Euroleague. In our opinion Malaga must leave favorite in this match, seen the greater quality and the necessity to unblock the case of the W from the 0 and therefore we think that around the par is absolutely from trying. Prediction: Moneylines - Unicaja Malaga To Win Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Odds: 2.03 Stakes: 1.5/2.5 http://www.freewebs.com/yourmoneies/0911euroleague.htm GL YourMoneies

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Efes Pilsen - Le Mans PICK: under 144.5 1.95@ Pinnacle Stake:8/10 Efes Pilsen is one of my favourite teams for under,especially when they play at home court against weaker opponents (Le Mans for sure it is) and don`t allow many points.In the first round against Prokom it was 71:67,I expect simillar result tonight. Olympiacos (-14.5) - Prokom Trefl PICK: Olympiacos (-14.5) 2.02@ 10Bet Stake:8/10 Olympiacos is one of the strongest favourites for Euroleague tittle this year.They smashed Tauceramica in first round and easy won in Bologna against Climamio in the second.Now they are facing "Polish" Prokom which is everything but the "Polish".They are mixture of Americans and other internationals,but they are more dangerous at home. Olympiacos is sure more motivated after they big rival Panathinaikos trushed Olimpija last night.Easy HW for me,about 20+ difference. Cibona - Unicaja PICK: under 148.5 2.05@ Pinnacle Stake:6/10 I`m not so sure for this one,but it`s worth a try.Cibona is strong home side,they are typical shooter`s team,but tonight they will have infront of them big team.On the other side,Unicaja without Cabezas is less dangerous,so I expect low scoring game,about 140-145 pts.

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 everything went wrong last night a nightmare for me:loon starting from fc koln against aue,then kiel against amateurs of gladpach,and finally bayern munich and rangers:eek but i feel confident again:clap here are my picks : Olympiakos to trash prokom by 20-30 points. IMO OLY is by far the best team in europe at the moment,i dont see any other result here than inpressive and high score home win. Maccabi to trash roma by 15-25 points. here my skeptic scenario is exactly the opposite : roma is one of the very poor teams participating in euroleague guys,i watched some periods of last nights matches...be aware that many teams are surprisely poor for this level..olimpija partizan koln napoli aris...what the hell are doing in euroleague ...really dont know,and i suppose the same apply for teams like roma lemans and prokom good luck,i was going to bet on cibona to beat unicaja,coz unicaja is very bad at the moment,but after what i saw last night from olimpija ...no way..i dont touch it :) See you boys,cheers :beer

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Olympiakos Pireus v Prokom Trefl Sopot +15.5 10 @ 1.85 Unibet Olympiakos (2-0) has won at Climamio Bologna(+7) and against Tau(+19) Prokom (1-1) lost(-4) its opening game against Efes but beat(+2) Le Mans at home last week. The numbers Olympiacos has posted make it the clear favorite, especially at home, since Prokom has lost six straight road games in the Euroleague dating back to November 2005. But the Polish champs will surely be ready, especially Wojcik, who will remember posting a double-double when Prokom won at Olympiacos two years ago, proving that any outcome is possible on Thursday. gl

EventKK Cibona VIP Zagreb - Unicaja Malaga
Selection+1.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date09/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningCibona (1-1) play in Zagreb against Unicaja Malaga (0-2). Cibona won over Union Olimpija at home with result 77-61 and lost away against Panathanaikos 69-86. Malaga lost against Macabi tel aviv away 101-106 and lost at home against Juventud with 66-68. Cibona is good team and i think that cna beat Malaga wich is just shadow of last year Malaga team.

EventBC Zalgiris Kaunas - Winterthur FC Barcelona
Selectionover 150.5
Strength10/10
Date09/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.49 (Back)
ReasoningBarcelona is with two wins but they dont play so great in last days.But they succes to win and that is important.they won over phau orthez away and against Beneton at home.Zalgiris after 8 games wich lost finally won over Napoli at home with 83-65.They will try to win this game but maybe Barcelona is too strong for them at this moment.I will play over 150.5 points here coz i think that both teams will score big number of points and i think that it can be tight game

EventBC Zalgiris Kaunas - Winterthur FC Barcelona
Selectionaway win
Strength8/10
Date09/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.77 (Back)
ReasoningZalgiris lost 8 of their last 10 games.They have 1-1 in euroleague winning over poor Napoli at home 83-65.They lost 82-95 against another italina team beneton. Barcelona have 5 wins in last 7 games.They won both games in euroleague.They have great team.Very important fact is that Barcelona have big number of quality players and in this kind of games that is very important.I think that Barcelona will take their 3th wins in euroleague.

EventEfes Pilsen - Le Mans Sarthe Basket
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date09/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.22 (Back)
ReasoningEFES is best turkish basketball team at this moent.They play great also in euroleague.The won over Porkom in istanbul and then over Koln in Germany where played very well.Le mans won over Bologna at home and then lost against Porkom away. Efes was mach better then Prokom and won very east and Le Mans lost against Porkom so can not do anything here.

EventMaccabi Elite Tel Aviv - Lottomatica Roma
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date09/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.20 (Back)
ReasoningMaccabi won over Unicaja Malaga at home 106-101 but lost in Beograd against PARTIZAN with unexpected result of 91-103.This time i expect mach better game from Maccabi. Lottom Roma won over Partian at home 65-60 but lost against Olimpija away.Olimpija also lost yesterday against Panathanaikos so Roma is not so strong team to make suprise against Maccabi after this 91-103 in Beograd

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Zalgiris Kaunas +2.5 v Barcelona 10 @ 1.935 Pinnacle Barcelona (2-0) boasts a 6-1 record all-time against Zalgiris (1-1), despite the fact that the majority of the games have been tight affairs. Barca has won twice by 1 point, another time by 2 and it took their first-ever meeting, in the 1985 Saporta Cup final, by 77-73 gl

EventMaccabi Tel Aviv - DKV Joventut
SelectionHome win
Strength10/10
Date16/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.30 (Back)
ReasoningMaccabi have 2-01 and Juventud have also 2-01.Juventud will be in this game without two important players.One of them is Andrew Betts and it seems that is ti big missing for spanish team. Maccabi won both games at home (roma 78-65 and Unicaja Malaga 106-101) so here could not have big problems against another spanish team.Juventus won in first away game over uNicaja 68-66.It cna be tight game but final winner will be home team here.

Re: Basketball Euroleague Round 3 Prokom Trefl Sopot v Dynamo Moscow 10 @ 2.39 10 +4 @ 1.813 Pinnacle Prokom (1-2) is coming off a 23-point drubbing at the hands of Olympiacos, but returns to Olivia Sport Hall, where it has won four straight. There were a few bright spots for coach Eugeniusz Kijewski's side in Greece, with shooter Donatas Slanina coming through with a season-high 19 points in 19 minutes, while point guard Justin Hamilton delivered 15 points. Dynamo trailed by 7 points midway through the fourth quarter last week against Climamio, but finished the game on a tear to improve to 2-1 this season. Playing without center Lazaros Papadopoulos, Dynamo found a go-to guy in forward Antonios Fotsis, who scored 26 points on 10-for-13 shooting and grabbed 8 rebounds. It's nearly impossible to know what to expect from Dynamo with Papadopoulos a question mark and a pair of inexperienced big guys ready to step in, but this could be a defining moment in their career and one that all fans should see. gl