PokerPlayer Open, london

jarjaruk

Hello! Congratulations, you've got a seat at the prestigious and first-ever PokerPlayer Open. To claim your seat you need to click on this link, fill in the requested details and then click on the 'Enter Competition' button at the bottom. Just to remind you, payment - £20 - will be on the night, and there'll be side-games (and a bar) going on all night if you get knocked out. You'll also need to bring photo ID down on the night - without it you won't get in. That's it. We're looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday 29th (doors 6.00pm for a 6.45pm start). Any problems, email Cheers, PokerPlayer Anyone else receive one of these? Alex

Re: PokerPlayer Open, london

N1.....ginner and I have recieved one as well....looks like a PL meeting is on the cards and a right drink fest.....must remember to get Col...pi**ed on that wine of his...so no repeat of his Singapore.....lol
:ok nice one, can you pick me up in Whitwell please ;)

Re: PokerPlayer Open, london I'll let you know when I get a reply:

----- Original Message -----
To:
[email protected]
Sent:
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 12:28 PM
Subject:
Closing times
Hi,
Please could you let me know at what time you close. I'm thinking of coming along for the PokerPlayer game and I need to decide whether to book a hotel or take a train home the same night/early morning.
Also, I know some other colleagues from PuntersLounge.com are coming along. Can you recommend any nearby, inexpensive, hotels?
Thanks.

Re: PokerPlayer Open, london ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roy Houghton" Cc: "ThePokerAgency" Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:26 PM Subject: Re: Closing times Hi David, My apologies for delay,but things hectic at present.I have forwarded your enquiry onto our promotions people who will contact you . Regards Roy Houghton ------------------------------------------ I rang Roy's promotions people yesterday with the same question. They promised to look into it. I told them about Punters Lounge and this thread and suggested they update it with their answer.

Re: PokerPlayer Open, london Thanks ColU. I had a look this afternon and their doesn't appear to be many semi decent hotels around there. They are either 10 bed dorms (backpacker things) or the Ritz for £350 per night.... gulp!! Will see what they come back with.

Re: PokerPlayer Open, london There are 3 travelodges in the Kings Cross area @ about £70 per room (Farringdon, Kings Cross and Royal Scot) - they're about 2 miles from Loose Cannon, but do have rooms at the moment, and cab or tube should be easy. If you want to be closer and nicer hotels, theres Novotel City South (not sure of cost), or Southwark Rose Hotel (£165 per night!) just over Southwark Bridge :ok

PokerPlayer Open, london Hi Catman here from The Loose Cannon, Sorry for the delay on posting. Hotels, looks like you have done a good job here. The travelodge in Kingscross is only around ten mins max from the club. If you do drive to the club use the London Vintry CarPark just West and before Cannon Bridge, you will see a VW dealer by this NCP - we have a flat rate of £5 to park there....just get an exchange NCP ticket when you arrive at the club. The club is on Allhallows Lane - EC43UL as you know- and is next to The Fire Station. Any more info please do contact us [email protected] or www.loosecannonclub.com ... the site is under construction and is presently a shell . That said The Poker Player Open and the club itself will hopefully proivde you with a lot of fun, action and entertainment. Best wishes Catman

Re: PokerPlayer Open, london What a great question ColU. Closing- When there are less than 3 cash games running. When Roy collapses from exhaustion When the beer runs dry. We have only been open 4 nights so far and one went till 6am, so i have a feeling the answer would be late. It will be down to the TD, but I think this will be a long one. I can't see it being earlier than 4am. best wishes Catman

Re: PokerPlayer Open, london

Doesn't sound like hotels will be needed ;)
Exactly GaF. On the PL do's I've been on, all most of the attendees need is a luggage room, spending money on a bed is a complete waste. :rollin:rollin For me my last train of the day is at 1.34am and the first train the next day is at 5.24am. So out of the poker early doors, it's the last train for me, out late it's a few more beers and the first train. :ok

poker player magazine uk open just thought i would post this to see how many pl`ers are going;) Live poker tournament in central London PokerPlayer Open What's that? 200 runner live tourney in a plush new venue in the City of London? Go on then...

By PokerPlayer October 2006
Congratulations, you have been allocated a seat at the 2006 PokerPlayer Open. Read through the following and enter the details requested so we can process your temporary membership. See you on the night... What? £20 no-limit Hold’em (freezeout), payable on the nightWhen? Wednesday 29th November Doors 6.00pm for a 7.45pm start Where? Loose Cannon Sports Bar 13-16 All Hallows Lane, London EC4R 3UL (Just by Cannon Street Station)

• 2 weeks later...