No Limit Cash/Tournies

Cloud

As I've mentioned in another couple of threads, I've recently started playing no-limit cash, having only ever played tournies before. I am using almost exactly the same strategy for the cash game that I use in the early part of tournaments (play tight, nibble away where I can - but if I'm favourite I will try and double up). Should I be playing the same way as in tournaments, or is it a completely different kettle of fish?? And if so - can anyone recommend any reading??

Re: No Limit Cash/Tournies Hi Cloud, I much prefer cash games to tournaments. No pressure at all on having to increase your stack due to ever-increasing blinds in tournies. In tournaments I often find myself calling hands that I don't want to in the later stages of games. You have to be patient, wait for those good hands, buy the odd pot here and there to stay alive and slowly increase your bank. I've sometimes sat at a table for 2 hours and won about 5p!! On the other hand you can walk away with a huge profit. I'd advise keeping a record of all your games and time spent at the table. I've been playing 15p/25p tables (£25 max buy in) for a fair while now and kept a record. I'm averaging just over £7 per hour which is far more than I expected to. I've heard people say that you should expect to "earn" 2-4x bb per hour which equates to £1 per hour. It's probably far to early to calculate whether I'm any good or not. Time will tell I suppose.... As for reading, most of the books I've read deal with LIMIT cash games. Danny