** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nhl 10/25/06

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 Nice write-ups guys :ok Definetely agree with that Detroit and Los Angeles picks of Willie/effigy as there is big value to be found. Best of luck to everyone :hope seems like we have the games pretty much covered again :) @sport guy - I think it's unneccesary to copy/paste those prewies here as I'm sure that everyone is able to find them for example in the official NHL.com-site.

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 So my final pick selection for tonight Los Angeles - Minessota under 5,[email protected] I already wrote why this is my pick San Jose - Detroit San [email protected] Even if the fellow punthers think otherwise i am going for San Jose. Reasons: results that those two have had during the start of the season. San Jose making it one of the best starts in franchise history. According to NHL.com, they are 1 win from the best start ever. Their game 6 days ago finished 5-1 to SJ Detroit is having a lot of difficulties to find the net, their leading scorer hasn´t scored in last three games The PP rank of SJ shows that they are 3rd in league, and on the other hand Detroit is crap at PK - all five goals that they conceded in last game vs SJ, were scored in PP. For me enough reasons to go for San Jose Chicago - Vancouver [email protected] Would not touch the game if it wasn´t those injuries in the Chicago team, now the game looks very pickable. Don´t wanna write to much - i completely agree with Willie Forgot to mention - good luck lads, hope that the morning cofee will taste sweeter to us all! :hope:hope

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 Not much luck today, so need a little money back. :notworthy Rangers seems to a pretty safe bet, won both home games last season with 4-0, and Florida isn't really a good away team. Think I'll do a double with Vancouver, as many of you have written som interesting stuff on that game, could be a good bet. My bet: Rangers 1,80 + Vancouver 2,00 GL everyone! :hope

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 Brilliant write up again guys. I have decided to do the following multi: NY Rangers / Vancouver Canucks / Colorado Avalanche = $6.21 @ centrebet. After coming off a 6-1 win over the Kings I don't see how the Avalanche can drop this one at home. I am also surprised that you guys aren't willing to punt on Minnesota with their record at 7-1. But as is the case, especially yesterday with Ottawa, I will give way to the experienced and leave them out of my multi. If I were to add them, (and I might in a little one ;)) the multi would be worth $10.44! Damn, are you guys sure you don't want to put in a little bit of Minnesota? :sad Ok fine. No minnesota. Good luck peoples.

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 NY Rangers 1-2 Florida Panthers after two periods: Rangers managed to tie the game in powerplay but just 36 seconds later Florida scored their second after a bad mistake in Ranger defense (clearing the puck...). It's a bad,bad spot to make a mistake like that and surrender a goal right after a reliefing tying goal. Furthermore Rangers have outshot Florida 29-16 (!!) so far but seem to be unable to beat Belfour (heh, funny...Belfour). Wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers win the game in regulartime if they continue to play like in two first periods discluding the childish mistakes in defense.

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 That's what I'm seeing. A superior outfit in the Rangers who insist on stuffing up at the msot inopportune of times. Their shot count tells the story that the rangers should grab at least 3 goals in this last period, but it better happen fast. The defence needs a big spray from the coach! LIFT YOUR GAME RANGERS! :@ :@ :@

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 Lol, that's that. Panthers lead 3-1 ... and again from a frigin stupid defensive mistake leading to turnover -> goal :puke EDIT: wow, infact the Rangers have had a punch of excellent scoring chances after that third Florida goal but they just can't capitalize. The puck was one time alrdy behind Belfour but somehow didn't cross the line... looks like Florida's goal is cursed shut today :( 222-3... shame on that retarded defenseman who f'ed up earlier in the Ranger defense :@

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 if i break even, il be luckly. looks like the under on the minny game was a good call *thanks* but i dont feel bad about any of my picks. i did them with the best info available and i got burned on a couple easy picks like SJ over detroit *who saw that coming, absolutely shameful* and florida over the rangers? lol so ill consider this a luck day for my picks and keep going betting strong when i think im right.

Re: Nhl 10/25/06

if i break even, il be luckly. looks like the under on the minny game was a good call *thanks* but i dont feel bad about any of my picks. i did them with the best info available and i got burned on a couple easy picks like SJ over detroit *who saw that coming, absolutely shameful* and florida over the rangers? lol so ill consider this a luck day for my picks and keep going betting strong when i think im right.
Aye, looks to be many surprising results as also Washington seems to be leading over Colorado. And you shouldn't feel bad about your picks as they all were in line of reason, though I don't agree about that *easy* word infront of your SJ pick (might have something to do with the fact that I was on Detroit with effigy&Willie :) ). But these days happen and hopefully all the bad luck rained down on us today so we can have a great rest of the week, cheers :cheers

Re: Nhl 10/25/06 Well the morning coffe unfortunately tastes just like any other day. In the night session, like i wrote i went two out of three, so in the 2/3 system (which i am very fond of) this means a small profit. Nice work on Detroit i must say:ok, really never see that coming. Well the night just full of upsets, and i am not really surpirsed by that. Lots of very close games and so many times the luck factor is very important. OK, so the night is over and we must prepare for the new battle, and by the looks on tonightpairings, we could be on the way to make some profit. Just quick glance and i already have 5-6 picks. Hope to see some good activity in the 26/10 thread. Congrats to all the winners, and for the rest of us, don´t give up, as today is a new dayful of new opportunities!:hope

Re: Nhl 10/25/06

My picks for tonight: Vancouver @ Chicago, Vancouver to win 2.06 and Vancouver -1.5 goals 2.7@betfair. Today's Christmas present! Vancouver have shown some good form lately and have really good goaltending by Luongo. Now they meet Chicago who misses Havlat, Handzus and Khabibulin.. Their 3 most valuable players!!:eek In goal they will have Boucher who hasn't shown anything special, so I predict an easy win if Vancouver approach the game in a serious manner. So really good odds for this game. San Jose @ Detroit, Detroit to win 1.93@betfair(ml). San Jose has impressed so far and they play really good at the moment, but now they meet a pump uped Detroit at home ice. Detroit's goaltending is awful, but at home ice it's a smaller factor because Detroit tend to put up a tremendous pressure on the away team, so the away team will not get so many shots on goal and if Osgood/Hasek just have a decent game they shouldn't let in that many pucks... So Detroit to win on the moneyline with good odds. Edmonton @ Anaheim, Edmonton to win 2.46@betfair(ml). Couldn't resist the odds of Edmonton win. Edmonton has one of the greatest offense in the league, meaning in that way that every line is dangerous... This game will be won by the team that has the most hunger, it will either be plus for Anaheim because they want to revenge the playoffs or plus Edmonton because of Pronger playing in Anaheim(left in ugly way).. I think that Pronger will make a bad match and Edmonton will capitalize of that and their spirit... So Edmonton to win. Los Angeles @ Minnesota, Los Angeles to win 3.1@betfair(ml). This one I take because I saw in the h2h that LA won here last year and that Gaborik is missing in Minnesota. I'm a little bit of a value bettor, so for me the odds for LA win is good. Some good activity today on this thread:ok GL all:hope
Both the Vancouver picks and the Detroit pick went in. :D Vancouver had an easy time against Chicago as predicted and Detroit outshot SJ and won in the end. There's not so much to be said about my value pick LA, they simply lost to a better team... Roloson didn't have one of his better days against Anaheim letting in 6 goals in 20 shots :wall and Pronger and Anaheim obviously were the more devoted team... Edmonton outshot Anaheim 31-20, but Anaheim is good in capitalising chances.. Well, overall a profit again :nana . Seems that msot of us got a profit, nice job:ok