Poker Player UK Open

slick mick

Re: Poker Player UK Open

Doesn't this kind of thing fall into the category of posting passwords etc? Subscribers and readers of the magazine (who won't get their issue until Thursday) are at a disadvantage now that this information has been put up.
Tricky one mate - in general if it is openly available on their web site (passwords aren't) then I feel it's reasonable to list it here as well (with an acknowledgement to the original source). Have just checked their web site and this isn't there (yet??) so I have removed the email addy from post 1. My gut feel though is that they wont get 150 people for this, so will appreciate the added numbers. Their online freerolls (that aren't gatecrashed) don't generally get 150 entrants I think - however that doesn't justify preempting it without their permission. Hopefully Darklord or Dacey will be on some point soon and can clarify for us whether they are happy for details to be published here, or whether they want it kept to people with a physical copy of the mag (I imagine it would come down to whether they intend to publish it on their web site). I think most of us subscribe anyway? So I should think anyone wanting to go has access to the email addy (page 24)

Re: Poker Player UK Open All of the promotions that PokerPlayer runs are for the readers of the magazine. We are lucky to be able to put these sorts of things on, in association with the best poker suppliers out there. It's not unreasonable to try and keep these benefits for the readers of the magazine. Thanks for taking the email address down. This tourney will not be advertised on the website, and due to the limited field of 150 readers, will, we like to think, be oversubscribed. We regulary had up to 500 players for the last Grand Prix freerolls - although the location and travel may affect this one. Obviously subscribers are at an advantage as they receive the mag first and this is a first come first served deal. Those magazine readers who have emailed and are selected will receive more details in due course. Will be a superb night...