Best Sites to Play

Crouch Potato

Re: Best Sites to Play My personal favourites are Mansion, it has a nice skin and generally better quality of play, Sporting odds, Nice skin, good games available although reasonably dodgy when it comes to stability, and Prima sites, there's a lot of money to be made if you can be patient.

Re: Best Sites to Play

Forget the poker. Full Tilt is worth it just so you can play with the avatars!
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin That is exactly what I have been doing since I downloaded it, that and going from background to background. Playing play money and changing faces!!!!!:lol

Re: Best Sites to Play Personally - VC or any on the Tribeca Network offer good value for the STT only 10% Commission on the Low Levels Full Tilt is all bells and whistles but the Cash Game rake is astronomical at lower limits - and the STT's are a rip-off at Low Limits 25% commission !! Pokerstars similar to Full Tilt on the STT's but Rake more respectable at Cash games.

Nobody else has any suggestions?
What are you looking for mostly in a site? (Customer Service? Fish? Value added? Rakeback? Reliability? etc) What kind of games do you currently play? (cash/MTT/STT low stake/high stake etc) Do you multitable? Sure I'll have some other questions, but that should help us narrow it down for you......

Re: Best Sites to Play as a new player I'd be look at bonus as my first criteria. Don't know what kind of level you play at, but several skins on tribeca, include paddy power offer 100% rakeback deals. If you pay $100 in tournement fees / rake. Then you get a $101 bounus to your account, so if you can play even breakeven poker, you can get this cash very quickly and move on. If you can multitable, you should be able to clear this very quickly

What are you looking for mostly in a site? (Customer Service? Fish? Value added? Rakeback? Reliability? etc) What kind of games do you currently play? (cash/MTT/STT low stake/high stake etc) Do you multitable? Sure I'll have some other questions, but that should help us narrow it down for you......
I normally play MTT's with buy-ins from $5-$20 or so. Reliability and decent customer service (doesn't have to be great, just not bad) are probably the things I'm looking for most. I wouldn't mind playing some cash/ring games, but I've so far been an almost exclusive tournament player, so I'd have to improve/adjust a few parts of my game before taking that factor into account too much. Thanks for your suggestions. Have to rule Betfair out though as I can't connect to their program as I live in Oz. A bit of a shame as I generally have quite a bit in there. Still got a couple of Poker-room tickets left, though no cash, so I'll probably play those two tournies, most likely win nothing then leave the site. Shame I can't trade my tickets for cash though, I have around $800 worth of tickets :(

I've been playing about 9months now' date=' almost exclusively on Poker-room. However, I'm finding that they aren't providing all that great of service and in generally I am finding them a poor choice, so am looking at alternatives. What does everyone recommend, and why?[/quote'] Hi Oscar - what have you found them to be lacking on service? I recently switched to play STT's there and before I went I 'spoke' with a couple of people on their livechat help facililty and found them to be very helpful. I like it there. They always seem to have deposit bonuses in the region of 25-50% and they are one of the few sites that allow you to clear bonuses with STT's rather than just cash. :ok

I normally play MTT's with buy-ins from $5-$20 or so. Reliability and decent customer service (doesn't have to be great, just not bad) are probably the things I'm looking for most. I wouldn't mind playing some cash/ring games, but I've so far been an almost exclusive tournament player, so I'd have to improve/adjust a few parts of my game before taking that factor into account too much. Thanks for your suggestions. Have to rule Betfair out though as I can't connect to their program as I live in Oz. A bit of a shame as I generally have quite a bit in there. Still got a couple of Poker-room tickets left, though no cash, so I'll probably play those two tournies, most likely win nothing then leave the site. Shame I can't trade my tickets for cash though, I have around $800 worth of tickets :(
I think your reliability requirement rules out Boss Media (even though it is probably the most popular network on PL, they have more than their fair share of technology issues) - The prima network USED to be the "rock" when it came to reliability, but that has had more issues recently. Huge variance in Customer Service at Prima - skins like Stan James and 32red seem to be really good - buy others (Betholdem stand out for me) really fail in this department.... Mansion is probably good for value added MTT's, though the range of games is probably somewhat limited..... They too have had some technical problems as they've grown....... I can honestly say I have NEVER had a disconnection at Betfred (though don't spend as much time there as at some other sites) - there has been a lot of talk on PL recently about the number of Fish on their (iPoker network) cash games - though for me nothing comes close to the cheap Boss cash games (if you can put up with the technical issues). Sporting odds used to have (and I presume still does) a great sign up bonus of $100 which is quite easy to clear.....

Hi Oscar - what have you found them to be lacking on service? I recently switched to play STT's there and before I went I 'spoke' with a couple of people on their livechat help facililty and found them to be very helpful. I like it there. They always seem to have deposit bonuses in the region of 25-50% and they are one of the few sites that allow you to clear bonuses with STT's rather than just cash. :ok
A large number of times I've had tables freeze and everything just shut downs, and basically they wont tell you whats going on, except some standard message about we're trying to fix this bla bla. I wouldn't mind so much except that the site is down far too often than it should be IMO.

Re: Best Sites to Play i would say pokerstars and full tilt are probably best for all round ease of use :clap :clap :clap ,sporting odds is probably best value:clap :clap :clap (and joe legge is a great credit to them as well)but do lose out a bit with connection issues. but as a lot of people have said some sites will suit you better than others,give em a go before putting any money in:ok

Re: Best Sites to Play Still not made my mind up. I used my final Pokerroom ticket today and came 3rd and won $1012, so I'm not sure what I'll do, but I imagine I might cash out and go elsewhere. Actually a little bit annoyed as twice i played a pot for 80% of the chips *3 handed* and lost both when I had my opponent dominated. By far the biggest win of my life in Poker, and I can only dream of the $2700 for winning it :(