Premier League Marathon

OK, so here's the deal. Mostly for entertainment purposes, but should be a chance of profit. The deal is: Take 20 teams, in this case all Premier League teams. Next: Dig up some units. In this case 1000 units. Next: Set up a system that will only require 1 of the 20 teams to behave nicely over 5 5-round long stages of betting to make a profit. Then: Put it in the oven and see if it bakes. More precisely - Stage 1: All 20 Premier League teams will be backed for 5 home games using a steadily increasing stake to produce a fixed profit from within those 5 games, regardless of when the win comes. But it must come within those 5 games. The bet made is a correct scores bet. Stage 2: The teams that produce a correct scores win within 5 home games go to the stage 2 - 5 new home games with increased stake = starting stake plus profit from stage 1. The teams that do not produce a correct scores win from 5 home games are eliminated from the "tournament". Stage 3: Like stage 2, the winners from the previous stage qualify and have another 5 home games to move on, using an increased stake consisting of the starting stake and profit from previous stages. Stage 4: Like 3. Stage 5: Like 4. Now - if any one of the 20 starting teams make it through the five stages - meaning I need to bet one correct score from each batch of 5 games, the system makes a profit, about 100 units. If all 20 fail, I lose 1000 units. If 2 make it through, I win about 1200. Etc. Exciting stuff eh! :nana The correct scores selected will be at least odds 7 (6/1), seldom more. OK, I guess if you've read so far - congratulations and sorry to not offer anything more interesting. I'll have to add this is inspired by the boxes of MetallicIan. Good luck! Thanks.

Re: Premier League Marathon The first selections are for the upcoming weekend. Naturally only 10 teams can play at home, so the first 10 selections are: (for sake of simplicity all odds are proofed at 7.00. I only choose odds of at least 7.00 so any different odds will only be my disadvantage (in the thread accounts), and I'm even proofing with Bet365 which probably have the worst correct scores odds on the planet - it adds to the challenge... )

Arsenal - Watford 1-0
Aston Villa - Tottenham Hotspur1-0
Liverpool - Blackburn Rovers 2-1
Manchester City - Sheffield United 1-1
Middlesbrough - Everton 0-1
Portsmouth - West Ham United 2-0
Reading - Chelsea 1-1
Wigan Athletic - Manchester United 1-1
Newcastle United - Bolton Wanderers0-0
Fulham - Charlton Athletic 0-0
7 points are staked on each outcome to produce a clear profit of 42 points, the goal of stage 1. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.