Boxing - Diego Corrales v Joel Casamayor

Diego "Chico" Corrales 40-3,33KO's v Joel "El Cepillo" Casamayor 33-3-1,21 KO's Corrales could not make the weight limit twice so he has been fined $240k and has lost his WBC title and cant get the title back even if he beats Casamayor. Before all this I wasn't sure who would win but now I think Casamayor will knock him out. Corrales could not make the weight despite not eating anything since Monday, Corrales himself said he was afraid he was going to pass out in training after working out three times with no water or food. Since Corrales hasn't been eating properly, I don't think he will be able to re-hydrate properly and not have enough energy and power to go 12 rounds inwhat will be a very tough contest. This is the third match between the two, and they genuinely do not like each other. In their first fight in 2003, Casamayor won with a disputed sixth round decision. Corrales went down twice in the match and Casamayor once before the match was stopped in the sixth due to heavy bleeding to Corrales mouth and lips, Casamayor was ahead on each of the judges scorecards as well. In March 2004 the second fight took place with Corrales winning the WBO and IBA belts with a 12 round split decision. Casamayor knocked Corrales down in the 10th but Corrales had controlled the fight with a great boxing performance. Casamoyor is a Olympic gold medallist and former champion of the featherweight division, his three losses were all on close points decisions so he has never been stopped in a fight. Casamayor is a southpaw fighter and his last fight was in July but Corrales hasn't fought since last October. Joel Casamayor 10/10 @ 2.75 totalbet

Re: Boxing - Diego Corrales v Joel Casamayor I am blown away that the market has not come in more for this fight, Casamayor is such good value here, I base this on the lead in to this fight, Corrales said he had been starving himself for the last week to make the weight and had pushed his body to almost passing out in the day before the weigh-in. His focus is lost now and this fight holds no relevance with the title to remain vacant with Casamayor to be the number 1 contender even is Corrales wins. This loss of conditioning caused by fasting should see Corrales hit the canvas in this one. Great value to be had here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.