Nhl Thu 5/10

1 day of winning is off to a good start. i saw lots of people on the correct side and its only the beggining of the season :) all bets are 1 unit. YEAR TO DATE. YTD: 1-0 +1.20 UNITS. i am taking 3 games today.. St. Louis (0-0-0) at San Jose (0-0-0) ST LOUIS BLUES +1½ -125 ST LOUIS was a brutal team last year. add Manny legacy in net and you bring stabilty. To boost the offense, St. Louis brought back longtime center Doug Weight, Bill Guerin also joins the team after a 40-point season with Dallas a year ago. Keith Tkachuk is healthy. look for them to atleast come out strong out of the gate. but not really do well the end of the season... ive noticed that the first couple games of every start in the season for the alst few couple years that most games either end in a tie or shootout (the last two years) i see a good oportunity here since most of the pressure is on the sharks to win thier home opener and they shold not lose by more then 1 goal. not bad for a -125. Nashville Predators -1½ +120 Vancouver (0-0-0) at Detroit (0-0-0) VANCOVER CANUCKS +170 YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME WITH THESE ODDS.... ARE YOU SERIOUS? +170 detroit is not the team it was in the past heading into this year. losing shanahan, legace, and yserman to retirement, key ingrediates to thier dominating run. back from the key ingrediates is "THE DOMINATOR" dominik hasek! who backstopped the Red Wings in their 2002 title run -- returns for his third stint with the team. hes 43 years old now i believe. the last stint with ottawa he was eradic at best and all over the place. i cannot back a team with him in net any longer (not that ive lost with him in the pipes years ago) the canucks are a solid team and didnt lose much.. they also added ROBERTO LOUNGO IN NET!! big plus for the team and ive seen him win games on his own in florida. back vancover with a huge value!!!!!! Nashville Predators -1½ +120 Chicago (0-0-0) at Nashville (0-0-0) one of the nhl's most potent offenses just got a whole hell of a lot moredangerous with the additions of signing free agents J.P. Dumont from Buffalo and Jason Arnott from Dallas and acquiring Josef Vasicek from carolina. they only lost 1 key player in scott walker.. other then that this is an inproved team facing a chicago blackhawks team that was abismal last year. last in the league in goals allow. this points to a 2+ point win for nashville.

Re: Nhl 4/11 St.Louis @ SanJose When i was looking through the games i thought this game was the most eye catching game for me. San Jose has very good players and team. Joe Thornton, leads the NHL in points and assists while his team mate Jonathan Cheechoo leads the NHL in goals. I think the Sharks have become better this season, and San Jose have the best 2 offensive talents in the West, Cheechoo and Marleau. San Jose got to the Semi-finals last season only to lose to Edmonton, but i do think they have a good solid team and should have know trouble in grabbing there first win against St.Louis. Key additions: LW Mark Bell (Chicago); C Curtis Brown (Chicago); LW Mathieu Darche (Nashville); D Scott Ferguson (Minnesota); RW Mike Grier (Buffalo); LW Graham Mink (Washington); D Patrick Traverse (Dallas). Last season: 44-27-11, 99 points, lost to Edmonton in the conference semifinals Sharks 2u-1u (Betfair)

Re: Nhl Thu 5/10 Today's picks: Chicago @ Nashville, Nashville -1.5 goals, 2.34@betfair. As hockeypete summarized it very good, Nashville have brought in some quality players and they really haven't lost any important players so they will be a side to reckon with this season. Chicago isn't gonna make the playoffs yet again this season. They just don't have a quality side that can be competitive, so the Predators to win with more than two goals! St Louis @ San Jose, San Jose -1.5 goals, 2.26@betfair. San Jose has in Joe Thornton a player who will make a big impact in every game as he will do over 100 points if he stays healthy and the also have players who can capitalise on his great passing, especially Cheechoo who I think will reach 40 goals at least. They also have two good goalies so they will be really competitive also. In this game I feel that the skating and the firepower will be too much for St Louis, who to me seems to rely a little too much on the old guard (Weight, Tkachuk, Guerin). So in my eyes San Jose will run over St Louis pretty easily. Vancouver @ Detroit, Vancouver to win (moneyline), 2,78@betfair. Once again hockeypete summarized it well, Detroit have lost a great deal of important players. Yzerman's impact in the dressing room cannot be replaced. The greatest problem with Detroit is their goalkeeping, Hasek and Osgood doesn't cut it if you seriously want to compete for the cup. Hasek isn't going to be healthy the whole season so Osgood will have a lot of starts. Vancouver have learned from past mistakes and finally they have signed a really good goalkeeper, but instead they have lost a little firepower in Anson Carter. His line with the Sedin brothers was the best line in Vancouver most of the season last year, so he will be missed. But Vancouver to win offers good value especially on the moneyline. GL to you all:hope