Icm

AJ

Re: Icm Just had a quick browse and I'm not sure how useful it is. It seems to me to be attempting to put numbers to something that you're better off learning by experience. I daresay a number of people are probably using it innapropriately as a crutch when their lack of experience or skill around the bubble is exposed.

Re: Icm It's very useful to use ICM away from the table to evaluate play late in SNG's when everyone (or at least most players) at the table have a low M and are in push/fold mode and is particularly crucial during bubble play, which in itself is the most crucial part of sng's. It's biggest use is away from the table and working out if a call with a marginal holding was correct or even if shoving wih a less than premium hand was correct and a subsequent call from an opponent was right or wrong, irrespective of the cards they held. I think anyone serious about sng's should at least try to grasp the basics of it.

Re: Icm

It's very useful to use ICM away from the table to evaluate play late in SNG's when everyone (or at least most players) at the table have a low M and are in push/fold mode and is particularly crucial during bubble play, which in itself is the most crucial part of sng's. It's biggest use is away from the table and working out if a call with a marginal holding was correct or even if shoving wih a less than premium hand was correct and a subsequent call from an opponent was right or wrong, irrespective of the cards they held. I think anyone serious about sng's should at least try to grasp the basics of it.
:welcome Dino Do you have a link to a simple explanation of its basis and its application to poker?

Re: Icm

Do you have a link to a simple explanation of its basis and its application to poker?
Here's a link to a good explanation of it in practice. Quite maths heavy, i'll try to post a relevant example when i have time e.g when my boss has left! http://www.zeejustin.com/articles.php?art_id=9 For ICM explanation look here http://sharnett.bol.ucla.edu/ICM/lesson.html