By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000

Burnley Joe

Hi all As you are all well aware we have kept quiet about goalpoker. Now is the time to tell all, however by doin so we will not get the money that was offered for being quiet basically, which was $10,000. However, having been a memebr of this site for several months and talking to fenners we both agree we should make this public as we feel we have duty of telling all players beware. Gutted cos its a lot of money, but we both have principles! We have emails below that confirm that if you win they cannot pay out! I won`t say any more as still gutted Regards Joe & Fenners Dear Joe/Andy.. I understand you are seeking recompense with Goal Poker over monies due. Please be advised that I am acting on behalf of the company in trying to pull together what is effectively a rescue mission. This could well be resolved very quickly as is indeed the objective. Without this being successful the company will be closed down with no assets or cash at hand as it is technically insolvent. I am sure you will appreciate the seriousness of the situation and give us a period of grace to try and resolve things so that all the creditors can be paid accordingley including yourselves. I think we may have met in Ibiza actually. You wont find me looking to make excuses for whats gone before or the sad situation that resulted in the WSOP fiasco. I am trying to help turn things round though and would appreciate your understanding. Nick Fitt is currently acting in a manner according his fiduciary duty by law in doing everything possible to allow this deal to happen in the creditors best interests. If you would like to speak to me directly feel free to call me on 07913 068613 Best regards The rest is on the goal poker Stickey above with all comments

Re: By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000 joe,feel so bad for you both but as they broke your agreement in the first place i dont see how you can still lose the money offered,,i am sure you have a very good solicitor acting for you both and i hope:hope it all ends with good news .. all the very best alan

Re: By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000 Cheers mate, but thats not the point in posting, i am dealing with my expenses through a solicitor and yeah they breached the contract, but I feel that we have a duty to inform other players, cos if for example i put in $200 to play the weekly $100k and won, then did not get anything i would be gutted, although i`m gutted now!, But you get my point, its all about trust and confidence.

Re: By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000

Joe, Is this correct? You won a wsop package off goalpoker and you were entered to be at the wsop? Then they suddenly told you that you cannot go???
He was told they couldn't fulfil the package the week before they were due to go (see post 1!!!!) In the end Absolute gave them a WSOP buy in, but no expenses - so they got to go, but had to subsidise it themselves ...... Goalpoker gave them nothing......

Re: By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000 Quote from Wikipedia... A fiduciary duty is the highest standard of care imposed at either equity or law. A fiduciary is expected to be extremely loyal to the person they owe the duty (the "principal"): they must not put their personal interests before the duty, and must not profit from their position as a fiduciary. The fiduciary relationship is highlighted by good faith, loyalty and trust. yeh, right!

Re: By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000 Dodger, I think Breach of contract or Anticipatory breach of contract are more to the point!! Anticipatory Breach of Contract: n. when a party to a contract repudiates (reneges on) his/her obligations under that contract before fully performing those obligations. This can be by word ("I won't deliver the rest of the goods" or "I can't make any more payments") or by action (not showing up with goods or stopping payments). The result is that the other party does not have to perform his/her obligations and cannot be liable for not doing so. This is often a defense to a lawsuit for payment or performance on a contract. One cannot repudiate his obligations and demand that the other person perform.

Re: By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000 What a complete and utter shambles Goalpoker have proved to be.... Hopefully, Joe and Fenners can eventually salvage something out of this bloody mess... Hopefully, this fiasco will also serve as a warning to other online poker rooms to not make promises that they cannot keep, whether those promises are WSOP seats, EPT seats, Cash, or whatever... The people behind Goalpoker obvioulsly thought that they could make a few quid out of the poker boom, but without the financial wherewithal to back it up.... I hope I am wrong, but I do wonder if another goalpoker fiasco will rear its ugly head in the future....Online Poker Rooms seem to be springing up on an almost daily basis at present....

Re: By Posting this me and Fenners lose $10,000 unfortunetly, regardless of how good your case is, the chances of getting any money are virtually zero. When a company goes bust, people are paid out in an order, secured creditors first, then preferred creditors, followed by unsecured and then ordinary creditors. You're going to be last in the queue. All unpaid employee wages need to be paid, then the goverment gets all tax payments, then any outstanding rent is paid to landlords, then and only then will they look at what's left if any, and you might get an offer of something like 1% of your money. Sad thing is Nick Fitts wages will be paid in full, before you see a penny. Ain't right, but that's the law I'm afraid.:sad