party poker monthly updates

staffy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gazza271

Re: party poker monthly updates

Well as I start the updates I could be out very soon. My JJJ beaten by KKK. Down to 600 chips. Where there is chips there is hope.
ouch :( doing so so at mo, on just under 8k :hope had KK 3 times now but only got action once :(

Re: party poker monthly updates I am just slightly above the average stack - 6,000..... Payout structure is incredibly flat - ESPECIALLY if you assume the seats to the final are worth about $3,000 each (conservative estimate I reckon). These seats to the main event make the prize pool nearer something like $4,000,000 than a million though....... 1000th place gets $400 plus the $3,000 odd seat..... 101st gets $900 plus the $3,000 odd seat 1st gets $125,000 plus $3000 seat (yes - sounds a lot - but for the winner, as a proportion of the total prize pool, that is incredibly small)

I am just slightly above the average stack - 6,000..... Payout structure is incredibly flat - ESPECIALLY if you assume the seats to the final are worth about $3,000 each (conservative estimate I reckon). These seats to the main event make the prize pool nearer something like $4,000,000 than a million though....... 1000th place gets $400 plus the $3,000 odd seat..... 101st gets $900 plus the $3,000 odd seat 1st gets $125,000 plus $3000 seat (yes - sounds a lot - but for the winner, as a proportion of the total prize pool, that is incredibly small)
I would be happy with the 125k though GaF:ok

Re: party poker monthly updates Just doubled upto 10'000. :cow Been waiting for a hand and finally get the aces. Raise to 500 get called. Board comes 8 Qs Ks. Opponent bets 1'000 and I call. Turn is As, slightly worried about the flush draw but I put him on AK and move all in, he calls and shows AK right enough. Double upto 10'000 right at the first break. :dude

Re: party poker monthly updates Just knocked a right muppet out ...... my pair flopped trips - put pot sized bets in all the way - muppet calls on the turn for his tournament (he wasn't especially short stacked - stack of 3500 with blinds 100/200) with a Jack high flush draw :lol :lol :lol :lol Up to 9500 :ok

Re: party poker monthly updates Im at 11'450. Seems we are all doing ok at this stage. Long road ahead though. Can someone give me a bit of advice, I really want to make the final 1000. Is it worth playing extremely tight until the final 1'000. There is still around 4'500 to go out before the final 1'000 or do you think I will just get chipped away with the blinds etc??? Thanks and what is all your tactics from now on in?

Im at 11'450. Seems we are all doing ok at this stage. Long road ahead though. Can someone give me a bit of advice, I really want to make the final 1000. Is it worth playing extremely tight until the final 1'000. There is still around 4'500 to go out before the final 1'000 or do you think I will just get chipped away with the blinds etc??? Thanks and what is all your tactics from now on in?
I think you're a long way from being able to fold your way into the last 1000....... if you try it now, I suspect you will just get blinded away...... For those who don't play many freerolls on Party - they don't have "hand for Hand" play, so when you get down to about 1500 left (ish) then people will start taking their full time for each go.......... It gets EXTREMELY annoying.......