Party Poker weekly Question (debate)

staffy

Ok here is one for you to debate. I have just played the Party Poker weekly final. Prize money is £100,000. Top 2000 also qualify for the monthly Million final. In the first hour or so I hardly had a decent hand to play with and survived on steals where i could. I eventually qualified for the monthly freerole with some ease having about 5000 chips left. 2000 people soon became a lot less and came down last 1100 within 30 - 40 minutes or so. That soon came down to last 1010 people and I am on the BB with 7000 chips. Top 1000 win money. $40 up until 800th. I am dealt Q5o. There are 4 callers and no raisers so I get to see free flop. The flop comes J55. What do you do? I wait for as long as possible hoping more people drop out and go all in. I get one caller who is holdin AJ. There are 1006 people left so 6 off the money. Turn was rag and the river was a J. He has full house, I go out. Did I do right or wrong. 1st place wins $12,500. In my opinion if I put a smaller bet in he either goes all in or cals anyway. After turn I have to go all in. So I dont scare him off. Is there anyway what so ever I can get out of this hand and settle for $40 or go for broke.

Re: Party Poker weekly Question (debate) I stand by my decision. Knowing if I win the hand I have over 16000 chips. Well above average going into last 1000 people. IMO giving me a bigger chance of going further. OK yes I blew the chance of winning $40, however I won entry into monthy and its only cost me $5 to enter and I quailified at 1st attempt.

Re: Party Poker weekly Question (debate) defo the right play, you have trips and are ahead and you still want chips and the other player did not make a wrong call, I am calling every day of the week here with 2 pair - you can't assume the other player has the 5 for trips, looks like the perfect chance to bubble steal the pot IMO, so I say good call by the villian and UL with the river Damo

Right decision without a doubt. You got your chips in ahead and sucked out, he made the bad decision calling IMO.