Rugby League: Super League - Round 28

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 28

No bet for me....gun to the head it would be Wakefield -6pts. They are a better side and Castleford are prone to mistake when under pressure. Low scoring game? Yes, i say so with the Wildcats running out something like 18-6 winners.
Wakefield 29-17 Castleford Well done to Wakefield!! More than deserved! Hard luck Castleford!! As for the bet on Wakefield -6pts Coulda, woulda, shoulda :\

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 28 Well thaqt's that for another year. I said we'd need 20pts to survive a month or 2 ago, but I never believed we'd get it. Credit has to go to Kear for really turning it around when it mattered. Cracking game aswell, we grew as the game went on till there was absolutely no doubt as to who was the better side. To be honest I'm sorry to see cas go down in some ways, they'd have been far more competetive next year than whoever comes up. On the other hand, they've always looked down their noses at us as the poor relation of the Wakefield district RL sides so I'm glad we've sent them down twice in 3 years:) Anyone fancy a merger?

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 28 Im fancying your Warrington call Rugbylad. Unfortunately the +12 is only availible at 1.62 now:( . Im going to have to go -10. Warrington have some serious motivation to win this one and will be going all out to try and face the Bulls in the play off. Its a derby to boot and Warrington usually always give the Saints a game. +10 for a home side is not to be sniffed at.:hope

With Salford losing today, the +12pts on Warrington is ever so tempting! if Warrington win or draw they claim 5th and a tie against out of form Bradford (a side they have beaten twice this year), if they lose they play Leeds, a side they rarely do well against. St Helens have literally, litte to play for. Saints would be foolish to go out all guns blazing which should allow Warrington a real stab at this one. They may not win but staying within 12pts of Saints is tempting (remember the +/- theory). Sorry for the short analysis... Recommendation: Warrington +12pts @ 1.90 Ladbrokes (2pts) Prediction - Warrington win by 4pts (Scale 1-5pts)
i'm with you on this one sherlock, or should it be inspector clouseau? ;) without doubt it's more of a worry backing against st helens than say bradford as in wakefield the other week! saints play off match is not until saturday 30 september. so in theory they don't have to be as cautious about injuries as one might first think. at the odds and also with the +12, the value call pre-match has to be with wires. depending on how much pride saints have in ending the regular season with a win, is the chance that warrington might even win or draw the match. if saints choose to put in as much effort as last weeks win against leeds, then it's curtains for warrington. this is one of those bets that could leave us feeling very happy with ourselves, :D but could quite easily be a match that we've read completely wrong. :loon however the underlying fact pre-match is that wires have something to play for (without risking any reckless inhjuries) and saints just have their reputation on the line. :ok as regards wakey rugbylad, i too was looking at wading in but decided to keep my beads in my satchel. still mustn't grumble after last friday. :D

Fly on the wall springs to mind mate! ;)
maybe i spoke to soon. (saints try and conversion) shouldn't get too bullish i suppose, only 24 minutes on the clock! :$ and you'll see from my posts i'm always so cautious. got carried away, i suppose. :) would listen to the game, but i'm very superstitious. how are wires playing? if that's not a silly question. :unsure

Saints are at full strength as well.:eek I know ive been championing Warrington for Superleague glory but this is ridiculous.:tongue2
henry, the nanny goat chopped wires to 40/1 from 100/1 during the first half. wonder if they'll push them back out again? i know because i was going to have a sneaky few quid on them! :loon