Rugby League - National League 1 and 2 Play off's

We haven't really said much about the national league leagues mainly because I haven't been posting my thguhts and sandbag doesn't seem to be around as much. Hopefully we might have a few new faces/ lurkers who like their lower league Rugby and want to contribute. I know Grim seems to know a bit about Hull KR ;) NL1 Grand Final Winner 2006 - Win Outright (Sunday September 17th, 15:00) Hull KR 8/13 Rochdale 250/1 Widnes 9/4 Batley 250/1 Leigh 11/2 Halifax 500/1 Whitehaven 20/1 NL2 Grand Final Winner 2006 - Win Outright (Sunday September 17th, 15:00) Sheffield 8/11 Swinton 16/1 Celtic Crusaders 5/2 Barrow 33/1 Featherstone 5/1 Gateshead 40/1 The above odds are from Skybet. My NL1 isn't as strong this year with Fev getting relegated last term. Can't remember the last time Whitehaven were so long to win it, they've got to the final for the past 3 seasons (I think?) but with the likes of Hull KR, Widnes and Leigh they'll struggle to reach that feet again this year. Hull KR go in as favourites after a remarkable season which to be fair, has not been a surprise with the amount of money they have spent. The culmination of this was obviously famously beating Warrington in the Challenge Cup (sorry Rugby Lad :ok ) At full strength they are very good outfit but Leigh proved they are beatable in the Northern Rail Cup final and in recent weeks HKR have struggled. They started resting a few players, have had injuries and haven't been as settled as they were (they wrapped up promotion ages ago though). Hull KR should make the final as the play-offs are similar to that of the Super League. Widnes have some quite 'big' names in their squad (they had Peachey for a couple of months if you remember :rollin ) but struggled to adapt early doors but they have found their feet now. As for National League 2, there is only one winner in my opinion and that is Sheffield. Sheffield were pipped to the automatic spot by Dewsbury this weekend. A few early defeats put paid to their automatic hopes but they have really impressed me this season. Featherstone beat Dewsbury twice by the way :nana :nana but got two stuffings for Eagles this campaign. They play with speed and have a good, solid backbone. Their coach, Wilkinson has recruited well from his old club HKR. They haven'#t got any big names as such but Lindsay, their aussie stand off is very good whilst they also have the ageing Andy Hay who is a big impact player at this level. Sheffield will play Celtic Crusaders in a fortnight, winner goes straight through to the final. Sheffield easily win this tie as Celtic's early season hammerings of the likes Skolars etc were a bit out of the ordinary. Celtic have scored a lot of points this season but when ive seen them I haven't been overly impressed with them. They pipped Featherstone with a last minutes try yesterday :wall :wall to clinch 3rd spot from us, so if they do lose to sheffield they have another bite of the cherry. Fev will have to do it the hard way now, we face Gatesheard this weekend at home, then either Swinton or Barrow follewed by a trip to the loser of the Sheffield/ Celtic tie. I don't think we've got enough in the tank to win 3 games just to get to the final. If we did, we could win the bugger but ir's a tough ask. Directors at the club don't seem confident when I've spoke to them, so that's enough for me! Swinton could be good outsiders with the influential Martin Moana in their ranks but I can see no further than Sheffield. Not much value though :\

Re: Rugby League - National League 1 and 2 Play off's Superb round-up there Punto :clap :clap :clap (except the bit about Warrington vs HKR, i am still hurting, lol) I remember Sandbag, he was a top guy and a great NL1&2 tipster, wonder where he is :unsure As for the NL1, I can see HKR slipping up in the final as they did against Leigh a few weeks back. It hurts me to say it but I think Widnes could sneak it as they did last time they got promoted :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.