Dragon's Den

MrsHelmuth

Re: Dragon's Den Must be loads of these leagues throughout the country... In Bristol, we have both the Poker.co.uk sponsored "Live Poker League", and the Ace Venue sponsored "Bristol Poker League, and also two pubs here host "Poker In the Pub" Games.... Maybe, at some point, there will be a unified national structure with both regional and national finals, or at the very least, a "champion of champions" event, with all the differing leagues sending their champion to represent them...

Re: Dragon's Den I've played in one a couple of times back in my home town of St Helens, it's at www.pokerresults.co.uk and is pretty well organised. Sponsored by BetFred as well. I like Jeffsters idea of regional and national structures. WIth some funding I'm sure a lot of them could be acquired and brought under the umbrella of one company/structure. This would then command more advertising and sponsporship revenue. The income stream from all of these fella's in the pub signing up through your affiliate scheme could provide a relatively big income stream. Not a bad investment for the Dragons and whilst they shouldn't lose their money I'd be interested to see what theie exit strategies are? Maybe sell off to a major player in a couple of years.

Re: Dragon's Den "The income stream from all of these fella's in the pub signing up through your affiliate scheme could provide a relatively big income stream" I laughed out loud when the pitcher mentioned this. Anyone can sign up as an affiliate of the poker sites and earn rake can't they? It's only really an income when a high roller (plays $10/$20 or higher) signs up. With a max of $3 per raked hand almost standard, you're going to earn less than $1 of that. For most people playing at micro limits, it would take years to earn a decent amount of money. The fact the dragons got all excited about it cheered me up even more. There they are going on about how he hasn't done his homework, when they haven't done theirs. :)