System Building Days Of The Week

THE % MAN

This is one of the the main issues which a lot of people disagree with when writing systems and I know a few on hear have strong views on this. If I develope a system say that has 1000 races a year with a 30% strike rate, 300 winners but on one day of the week it as only as 3% strike rate and this as been consistant every year and shows a 15% loss on that day. Should I leave that day out of the system picks providing each day of the week had the same amount of runners but the other days are showing a range of -5% to +30% with the overall Yield for the system +15% including the bad day.

Re: System Building Days Of The Week Well, if the data is consistent over the years, every month that specific day showing bad results I would leave it out. But I think there are some days that are the same. Monday to Thursday I don't see a difference. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are distinct days, but that's just my opinion, and I don't write systems based on that data. Hope this helps...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.