PokerDome Update

FatBoyFat

Evenin' Guys & gals. You may well remember that at the beginning of August I won the Inside Edge freeroll for a seat in the Mansion PokerDome to be played on September 9th. Clearly I was overjoyed as one of the poker goals I'd set myself at the start of the year was to win entrance into an live poker tournament with a life changing prize fund and I'd gone and done it. I was however concerned that the trip to Vegas may clash with the impending birth of my Daughter (due on the 28th August) but secretly I thought the baby would easily be born by then. Everybody is always saying how the second ones are early and the pokerdome wasn't until 2 weeks after the due date. Well not in our case! The Mrs is sat here with me, almost 1 week overdue and it looks as though my VIP trip to Vegas is in jeopardy. I'd be lying if I said it would be a difficult decision not to go as if the baby isn't born then there is no decision to be made, I won't be going. However, I can feel the money falling through my fingers. A 1 in 6 chance at $25k, 1 in 36 chance at $50k and a 1in 216 chance at $1m doesn't come along every day at the week. At least I'll have some arguments to use with my daughter when she becomes that difficult teenager.... I gave up a million dollars for you love, etc. Hopefully I'll also be able to dine out on the story for a few years. Anyway, all hope is not yet loss. The flights are not until Thursday so I need lots of positive thinking from you poker players to get me to Vegas. :hope Otherwise Thursday will be spent at the hospital as my Wife gets induced. As an aside, I am making the obvious choice here? What do the rest of you think, would you be giving up the chance or would you be getting yourself over to Vegas no matter what? I hope to see you at the tables in September. I spent most of August playing 6max cash games and STTs as practice. The cash games were a roller coaster ride (uber variance - up 260BB then down 300BB, hopefully covered in another post) so I'm going back to 10max (for bonus whoring) and some MTTs this month; new screaming child permitting. FBF / MFI

Re: PokerDome Update holy beejus what a question depends entirely on how understanding the missus is (oh hang on, she is full of hormones and is now sick to the back teeth of carrying around baby-to-be and just wants it out! hmmmmm prolly not THAT understanding then.....) Have you tried curry/hotbaths/bribes etc to get it to come out quicker? best of luck Damo (who neatly side stepped the question!) ps you tried contacting Mansion and explaining your situation?

Evenin' Guys & gals. :hope Otherwise Thursday will be spent at the hospital as my Wife gets induced. As an aside, I am making the obvious choice here? What do the rest of you think, would you be giving up the chance or would you be getting yourself over to Vegas no matter what?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.