APAT Italian Open Sat 2nd Sept

msaban

Due to being on rail bird duties at the Ladies Open wont be be able to keep the live updates going Here's the details: *************************************

Amateur Poker Association & Tour Italian Amateur Open Final Chance To Register!

Dear Member, The Italian Amateur Open will commence at PokerStars.com, on Saturday September 2nd at 8.00pm UK time (3pm ET). Players will start the event with 5,000 chips which will allow for a great deal of creative play. This event can be found within the "Tourney", "Special" tab on the PokerStars client. To register, please use the password: ************* The top nine finishers will win Player of the Year ranking points. The highest combined APAT Live and Online Series point scorer in season one will win an expenses paid tournament entry to the PokerStars.com Caribbean Adventure World Poker Tour event, where prize money could run into millions! The top three will also receive specially commissioned national championship gold, silver and bronze medals, as awarded at APAT live events. **************************************************** Here's the current leader board after the first game

FInal Standings after first game
UsernamePoints
Purr of Aces9
nosey-p8
KEDSTER7
riskieG6
Belgariad5
BurnleyJoe4
mal6663
CubsFlan2
Bird Numnum1
user_online.gif
I'll update the table after the wekend unless its already done. Cheers Mike

Re: APAT Italian Open Sat 2nd Sept Not playing myself, but good luck to all who are!

Just registered' date=' I'm hoping I'll have an advantage as most people will expect everyone playing to have some clue what they're doing - I'll surprise them all!!! :loon[/quote'] Brand new strategy, eh? :unsure

Re: APAT Italian Open Sat 2nd Sept I am still in at 2nd break, on $11,725... NOT enjoying the tourney though, at least so far.... Had numerous disconnection problems in first 15 minutes, and havent really had that many decent cards... Had AA twice, AK, 10 10, and a couple of other decent pairs, which have all paid off, but this tourney feels like a real grind... Been on the same table the whole two hours, and we havent seen that many flops, most hands are reaching their conclusion through a raise and / or re-raise... Still, I will keep plodding on...

Re: APAT Italian Open Sat 2nd Sept

I am still in at 2nd break, on $11,725... NOT enjoying the tourney though, at least so far....
Ditto - still here on just under average chips, 99 players left. Agreed about the play so far - no reason for it, just seems a real grind. Had KK cracked by QQ, AKs where nothing hits etc..... Meh. Will keep going. :\ Mike

Re: APAT Italian Open Sat 2nd Sept Out in 62nd.... Raise with Ace Jack, one caller.... Pair my jack on the flop...raise.... Guy chases me to river, and rivers his diamond flush with a starting hand of King 6 ! Didnt enjoy this tourney much at all, despite my relatively decent result, and will have to really think about whether I play in the Canadian tourney in two weeks...(Plus the negative $44 on my poker dominator stats doesnt look good...I would have a profit of $27 for September (all two days of it)) without the $22 fee for the APAT Italian Open

Re: APAT Italian Open Sat 2nd Sept

Out 89th when my str8 draw call was busted by trips....silly call but was heavilly pot commited, then my A10 busted by Q5 GL ALL
Unlucky mate. Just doubled up with my AK vs AJ when the board brought 5 different shades of nothing :D 29th out of 56 runners left. GL all those left in. Mike