PuntersLounge Wristbands

Sharpe1ne

After having a word with The Boss Man I think I have an idea on how to promote PuntersLounge at Live Poker events. As we all know if you win a seat through a website to play in a live poker event you are made to wear the T-Shirt sponsoring their site.So we can't wear the shirts that Daft Pegasus is sorting out.:( But when your playing live and on a televised table when you go to place your hole cards on the glass or the bumper rail then the camera's will pick up the wristband.:D Now I don't know how to source anything like this but if someone does then fantastic.:ok I would be happy to pay a nominal fee and they can't cost much to produce. Well people any idea's? Would anyone be interested? And would any one be able to source these items?

Re: PuntersLounge Wristbands :welcome Sheriff or is it the MoneyIvey appreciation society:lol Yeah card protectors as well.:ok But like i said if anybody can source these items and get them made i'd be happy to buy one.Still having no bank account or credit cards it's gonna be impossible for me to set up:( But I know all our Plers have great contacts and resources and could probably look into it.:ok

Re: PuntersLounge Wristbands Couple of points, I have wee wrists so need kiddie wristband. Take it that wouldn't be cost effective but bigger wrist band would fall off so hope i don't win into live tourney. Love the card protector idea but what is the deal with tv and advertising? Why do some players have caps and t-shirts black taped out?

Guest gazza271

Re: PuntersLounge Wristbands I think I remember reading ages ago on one of the threads that there used to be PL merchandise for sale........ sure one of the dinosaurs ;) on here can confirm/deny it. I would certainly be interested in PL gear :ok

Re: PuntersLounge Wristbands I am with Dan Dan on this...I have very small wrists too, so a kiddie PL wristband for me too please, if they are produced of course... Dan Dan, I THINK the deal with logo's on caps and shirts being blacked out with tape is because tourney sponsors dont want their rivals getting advertising at "their" events... For Example, the EPT is sponsored by PokerStars, and if a player on the TV Table is sponsored by Full Tilt, Expekt, Martins Poker, etc, those logo's get blacked out, as they are rival poker sites to PokerStars...

Couple of points' date=' I have wee wrists so need kiddie wristband. Take it that wouldn't be cost effective but bigger wrist band would fall off so hope i don't win into live tourney. Love the card protector idea but what is the deal with tv and advertising? Why do some players have caps and t-shirts black taped out?[/quote']

Re: PuntersLounge Wristbands When I take my nephew swimming I want to get him some inflatable arm bands. Any chance on Mr Ross to get him some kind of sponsorship? Seriously though, I am not sure of this but I would assume that some of the sites that you win on will have a term in the agreement that they are the sole advertisers when you win a seat through them. It makes sense really because say you won with 'Jimmy's Poker' and had their shirt on but was wearing a cap with 'Mickey's Poker' there is a clash in interests. The production companies that make the shows will also have some kind of advertising limit becasuse they will need to keep tabs on what is being advertised etc.

Re: PuntersLounge Wristbands It reminds me of Devilfish playing in a special tourney in Monte Carlo last Christmas(?). Everyone was dressed in tuxedos, and it was sponsored by Full Tilt or someone similar. Anyway when Devilfish was knocked out he got up, took off his jacket and walked out, with his back to the camera..... With a sign stuck to his back promoting his own webite! :lol Not surprisingly that wasn't shown in the highlights, but as it was being shown live in the US it served his purpose.

Re: PuntersLounge Wristbands Hubby was telling me there was a big fuss at the WSOP about this. Pokerstars had had loads of stuff with 'Pokerstars.com' printed on and they weren't allowed to show this on TV as it's a 'gaming site' but were allowed to put 'Pokerstars.net' as thats' an 'info site'.So they hurriedly had to print off loads of new shirts. Strange as they both look the same site to me!