We Came, We Saw, We Conquered - Nottingham Gala Road Trip Report

msaban

Ok maybe the title is slightly exaggerated. A group of six, all members of the Whitwell Middle Club Ace of Clubs poker club, including 5 active members of PL, some of you will have met us in Birmingham, myself, my wife Lousaban, donna1, Paul Cameron and Jones12345, tonight went for a night at the Nottingham Gala to play inthe £20 limited rebuy tourney. 105 players entered, the tourney as mentioned was £20 buyin, limited to 1 rebuy. Starting chips were 5K, rebuy period lasted 75 mins and there was a 25 minute clock onblind levels starting at 50/100. The card room itself is quite spacious and the people who go, are very friendly and there was a lot of jovial banter.Top 20 got paid, 11-20 got £40, 10th got £70 and then climbed the winner got just over £1K. Donna was the first of the Pl'rs to go in 31st position after about 4 hours, Paul followed her soon after leaving in 28th place when his 10s got busted by AK. I was the next to go, after 5.5 hrs in currently my favourite position 16th when for value I chucked my remaining 2K in UTG with blinds at 6/3K with 102o, its worked for doyle but unfortunatley not for me.However pleased just to make the money, after losing nearly 50K in two hands when only 40 left: AK v AA ( K on the flop) and trip Js vs river flush. Jones couldnt bear to see me sitting on the rail, so followed me out of the tourney in 15th when is allin A9 got called by 3s and didnt improve. Once again lou showed she is the best of the bunch :tongue2 and went out 11th when unfortunatley misread a blind steal A4 vs A10. Its got to be mentioned that Lou never rebought or added on. So 3 out of the 6 ( 5 if you just count Pl'rs) made the money and overall had a fanatastic night. Karl topped the night off, by disappearing to the roulette tables whilst we were all in the bar and coming back with a fist full of notes.:clap Definetly worth a visit again.

Re: We Came, We Saw, We Conquered - Nottingham Gala Road Trip Report

Nice one people :) How often is that tourney?
there is a tourney every night of the week apart from saturdays. mondays - £30 pot limit unlimited re buys for 90 mins - 2000 starting chips - start time 8pm tuesdays - £10 no limit 3 rebuy max - 2000 starting chips - start time 1915 wednesday - £20 no limit 1 rebuy - 5000 starting chips - start time 1915 thursday - £50 no limit 2 rebuy - 5000 starting chips - start time 2000 friday - £20 pot limit unlimited rebuys - 2000 starting chips - start time 2000 sunday - £30 no limit freeze out - 5000 starting chips - start time 1415

Re: We Came, We Saw, We Conquered - Nottingham Gala Road Trip Report Sounds good Mike. What's the max capacity of the cardroom and is the 105 runners about normal for a Wednesday? Might fancy a trip down - next time you're thinking of going give me a shout :ok Mike

Re: We Came, We Saw, We Conquered - Nottingham Gala Road Trip Report

Sounds good Mike. What's the max capacity of the cardroom and is the 105 runners about normal for a Wednesday? Might fancy a trip down - next time you're thinking of going give me a shout :ok Mike
They advise that 121 is the max for self dealt/player dealers or 100 if they bring dealers in. Ive got a schedule mike, I'll bring it in next week.