England vs Pakistan ODI Series

5 match series begins this afternoon. Odds

Best odds/All oddsv15.gifv6004.gifv6074.gifv6118.gifv1.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6007.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
England2.52.52.52.372.372.372.52.372.52.372.622.752.6233.1
Draw-------------2012
Pakistan1.51.51.51.531.531.531.51.531.51.531.441.41.441.51.52
Itinerary August 2006
Wed 30 icon-daynight_13x11.gif1st ODI - England v Pakistan Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
September 2006
Sat 2 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan Lord's, London
Tue 5 icon-daynight_13x11.gif3rd ODI - England v Pakistan The Rose Bowl, Southampton
Fri 8 icon-daynight_13x11.gif4th ODI - England v Pakistan Trent Bridge, Nottingham
Sun 10 5th ODI - England v Pakistan Edgbaston, Birmingham

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series Outright bets. 10pts England to win ODI Series 7/4 Totesport In 1 day matches in England between these 2 England have much the upper hand with England winning 17 to Pakistan's 9 matches. Pakistan haven't beaten England in their last 6 series between the two sides only. Since the 5-0 spanking Sri Lanka dished out to England they've made a few changes to their squad. Out go Tim Bresnan, Kabir Ali, Glenn Chapple, Vikram Solanki and Geraint Jones and in come Chris Read, Michael Yardy, Rikki Clarke, Stuart Broad and Darren Gough which gives England a much much stronger bowling lineup and many more options I think. Pakistan have made some important squad changes to the side that was on test duty for them. Importantly their 3 main bowlers are fit - Rana Naved, Mohammed Asif and the express Shoaib Akthar. They also have yet more new openers in the highly impressive Shoaib Malik and Mohammed Hafeez who played so nicely in The Oval test match. Pakistan have only won 3 out of the 12 matches they've batted 1st in this country so that suggests they have a preference for chasing scores. 3 of the 5 matches in this series are day night matches so if they decide to chase they will need to score runs under lights which as we've seen in this country is not easy. England always tend to perform better when they are the underdogs. They know they have to up their game to have a chance here but I like the squad changes and I think England can take the series. 5pts M.Asif Top Pakistan Bowler 3/1 Boylesports Mohammed Asif showed us all at The Oval how talented a bowler he is. If Pakistan had his services for the entire test series it would have been a much closer series. He showed enough in the Twenty20 to suggest he's going to be a big threat to the English batsmen and I think he'll be the best Pakistan bowler. 5pts ew S.Broad Top Series Bowler 7/1 Sporting Odds (1/5 1,2,3) Stuart Broad is an exciting talent who I feel is sure to rise to the occasion in this series. He took 2 wickets in the Twenty20 and showed he has the class and temperament to be at home at International level. He'll take England's new ball and will have 1st digs at Pakistan's openers and with good conditions he will take wickets. 5pts M.Trescothick Top England Batsman 7/2 Stan James Marcus Trescothick top scored for England in the series with Sri Lanka and was then top scorer for England in their Twenty20 match with Pakistan on Monday. Tres is still our most consistant 1 day batsman and with the confidence his Twenty20 knock will give him I think he can easily top score for England again. 2pts England to win 4-1 13/2 Stan James I'll take this as an extra boost to the England winning the series bet. This series is made up of 5 matches - 3 day night games and 2 day games. Given the lottery effect of day night matches in this country I don't think it's inconceivable England can bat 1st and win all 3 of those. The 2 day games are at Lords and Edgbaston. England have an excellent record at Edgbaston and they can definitely win there. Therefore it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the series ends 4-1 to England. If 5 matches aren't completed then bets are void in this market.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series 1st ODI odds.

England2.252.252.22.22.22.252.52.22.372.22.252.22.372.372.22.452.46
Pakistan1.571.571.611.611.611.571.551.611.531.611.571.611.531.531.611.651.66
Lots of bets for me on this match. I'm playing a few more side bets than normal. 10pts England to win 1st ODI 2.50 Expekt 1st ODI is a day night match from Sophia Gardens, Cardiff. Cardiff is usually a low, slow wicket although the international strip is a bit quicker. This is the ground where Australia famously became a cropper against Bangladesh last summer. The highest score in ODI's here is Australia's 258-3 against Pakistan in 2001. England are expected to be unchanged from the side that lost the Twenty20 match on Monday. I think this ground could well suit England. They go into the match with 2 spinners and 3 batsmen who love getting on the front foot in Bell, Collingwood and Dalrymple. England's bowling attack will enjoy Cardiff. Apart from Mahmood none of them have real pace so their variations will have more effect on a slower wicket. Cardiff also has big square boundaries which will help England's bowlers if they are wayward. Pakistan are also expected to be unchanged from Monday's match. Their 1st problem could be that their attack deals in real pace which they may struggle to get here. They won't be cannon fodder but logically they should be easier to score off here than say at The Oval. Another problem is their record batting 1st. It's not good and batting under lights is not easy at all in this country. With the slow nature of the pitch it may be harder for Pakistan's stroke makers - Afridi, Younis and Hafeez to hit their shots so a low Pakistan total wouldn't surprise me. England will be cheered on by a huge Cardiff crowd, need to play well and get the series off to a good start heading to Lords where their record is indifferent and having more experience of the differing conditions of day night cricket in this country I think England can take the 1st chalk here. Side bets to follow.......

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series 10pts Pakistan Highest 1st 15 Overs 10/11 Boylesports Pakistan like to attack in the 1st 15 overs of their innings and have quick scoring batsmen at the top of their order. Shoaib Malik, Hafeez, Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi can all be devastating at the top of the innings and at times as we saw in the Twenty20 it doesn't matter who is bowling or how good the bowling is they will score big runs quickly. England go at a bit more of a sedate pace to begin with, and will need to with the dangerous Asif bowling at them. Trescothick can score quickly but his main task is to bat the majority of the innings so he won't take risks like an Afridi would. Ian Bell, Tres's opening partner is not a quick scorer and I think Pakistan will look to get off to a flyer and will be ahead after 15 overs. 10pts 2 or more Run Outs 5/4 Sporting Odds Fielding has improved so much in 1 day cricket in the last 4-5 years and is now a key element of the game. Sides are hitting the stumps from all over the park and the improvement in technology makes deciding run-outs much more accurate. In Pakistan's side is good old Inzi. A run out's dream. Anyone watching the Twenty20 on Monday will have seen Inzi doesn't really do this higher octane cricket and a run which is there for most batsmen isn't necessarily there for Inzi and he's quite likely to run someone out as he showed on Monday when he assisted in Hafeez's run out. As well as Inzi there is Mohammed Yousuf who is just about the worst guy to bat with in cricket because his trigger movement is to set off and before you know it you've been sold a dummy and you are on the long walk back to the pavilion! If England are sharp in the field there will be run outs around and Pakistan aren't short of good fielders to run English batsmen out either. 2 isn't a big ask over 100 overs so I'm happy to take this at a nice price.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series 10pts A.Razzaq's Performance Pts 40&Over 4/5 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 20pts per wicket. Razzaq is an excellent all rounder who having played several seasons for Middlesex is used to English conditions. Many people look at Shoaib and Naved as dangerous bowlers but Razzaq slips in quietly and always picks up wickets with his seamers. Then when it comes to batting he is a hard hitting, aggressive batsman who can score quickly. He only needs to have a good performance with either the bat or the ball to cover this and I'm happy to take him to do that. 10pts J.Dalrymple's Performance Pts 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 Jamie Dalrymple was England's best player in the ODI series with Sri Lanka, scoring runs and taking wickets with his off spin. Dalrymple will be suited to this pitch when he bowls as he's not afraid to throw one or two up in the air and will get spin. Batting at 6 he'll have a chance to score runs as well and he's another I think can easily reach his target with a good performance with either bat or ball.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series 10pts S.Malik to beat M.Hafeez to 10 runs 10/11 Bet365 Shoaib Malik is a hard hitting opening batsmen who I think is a very good cricketer. He likes to find the boundary and get on top of the bowlers right away. He can hit the ball all round the park which allows him to score quickly at the top of the innings. Mohammed Hafeez is much tighter than Malik and although his record is good he doesn't score as quickly as Malik. On Monday Pakistan lost their 1st wicket at 23. Malik was the man out and he'd made 16. That will be a regular occurance in this series and I'll back Malik to beat his opening partner in a race to 10 runs. 3pts ew A.Razzaq Top Pakistan Bat 10/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) I've already stated that Razzaq is a hard hitting batsmen and his record against England is very good. Given that this is a day nighter a batting collapse wouldn't be out of the question and if that happens Razzaq will have enough time to help himself to a few runs. He could also be promoted up the order in order to set a target with his quick scoring style. If he bats he won't be far away from the highest score and we get a refund if he doesn't bat.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series Clarke replaces Yardy in England's side. Definitely adds more aggression to the batting and he's as good a fielder as there is going round but his bowling isn't the best. On the face of it though it's a positive change.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series

KP got a good working over from Mohammed Asif. England were lucky he wasnt playing from the start of the test series.....Brilliant Bowler!!
Totally agree. Asif is causing England no end of problems and they look a totally different side from the Test Side.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series Nasser Hussain is an idiot. I think he's got a cheek commentating on 1 day cricket to be honest because he was pathetic at it, to the extent he made a huge fuss at Lords when he made his only 1 day century. Beefy to me tells it how it is and it's plain to see we've lacked gameplans in recent series but nothing has been done about it. To be fair it looked like we had more of a plan today but nobody would bat with Bell to get the score nearer 250.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series Kev has 6 bets for today England win @ 3.20 Betfair 5 pts Trescothick performance 37 and over @ 1.83 Bet365 10 pts 2 or more run outs @ 2.0 Sportingodds 10pts Younis Khan top Pak bat @ 5.50 Boyles 5 pts EW Paul Collingwood top Eng Bat@ 6.50 Boyles 5 pts EW Mohamed Asif man of match @ 14.0 Boyles 2 pts GL :hope

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series 3rd ODI today. I think England are abit long initially but toss vital for England's efforts. Here's how I see it. Pakistan win toss and bat, Pakistan win. England win toss and bat...I believe we (England) will be able to post a competive total but with a attack of Onions, Broad & Mahmood I just don't know if we have the bowling to contain the Pakistani batting. Interesting game ahead, I think I will wait for the toss before betting but I think at some stage during the game England will be shorter than the current odds offered so an initial back and lay later may be a option.

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series

How lucky am I. Bit the bullet and layed off @ 2.16. Bet accepted and then a wicket. England back out to 2.70 now.
Lucky man just out in the nick of time, well done :D And your right meatman seems that they like a chase lets see how the cope maybe chasing a decent target and under the lights. Id have a small nibble on England now As i speak another wicket, Im keepinf off this thread from now on :spank

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series England should have won that game. When will fletcher realise Saj Mahmood is quite simply crap. He always gets pounded. County cricket calibre is different to Internationals. When he bowls to the aussies he is gonna smashed even more....

Re: England vs Pakistan ODI Series Kev has 7 bets for today match :loon England win @ 3.15 Expekt 5pts Pakistan highest 1st 15 overs @ 1.83 SJ 10 pts Collingwood top Eng bat @ 8.0 Boyles 5 pts EW Inzamam top Pak bat @ 5.50 Boyles 5 pts EW Read performance 32 and OVER @ 1.83 Bet365 10 pts Shoiab Malik performance UNDER 35 @ 1.83 Bet365 10 pts England to hit most 6s @ 2.87 Bet365 5 pts GL cricket punters today :hope Kev will now probably not be regularly online until Monday btw :(