Message from India

eltrev

Haven't posted or played for nearly 2 months as I've generally been without internet access. Reason being, I've moved to India. Took a job in Chennai (Madras) and it's taken this long to get the house/TV/Internet arranged over here. Anyway, it's good to be back and I hope to catch up with you all on the tables sometime soon (though the time difference means no more league games for me for a while). Good to see that there's lots of threads about PL successes. Keep up the good work. :ok .....and if anyone wants a live game over here, drop me a line. :tongue2

Re: Message from India Thanks everyone, basically decided to take the plunge and head off to a life in warmer climes when the opportunity to do so came along. Moved over here with my wife who incidentally has been offered work in some call centres to help improve the locals' English pronunciation. So if you receive a call from an Indian offering you a new mobile phone, kitchen, windows, etc with a Scottish twang, you'll know why. The broadband here is awful (makes dialup in the UK seem like 8mb broadband), so if you see me at a table, I'm not deliberately taking 15-20 seconds to fold, it's serious lag with my connection. Given the international membership of PL now, maybe an Indian tourney early next year would be a good idea. Anyone fancy a week or two in Goa at the start of Feb (short hop for me, planning to go every other weekend after the monsoon rains ease up). As far as NFL goes Mr V, looking forward to a potential winning season for the Saints this year, although staying up for the games maybe a problem. As long as we have a better record than the Raiders I'll be happy. Looking forward to your tips. Anyone planning a visit, you're more than welcome to my hospitality. ....oh and the good news is, I closed my Goalpokem account before I left.

Re: Message from India

Did you move from Aberdeen? Onwards and upwards if you did.
It's not often I agree with you Mr V! :clap :clap I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while Trev!! Great move for you and all the best for the future! :ok Around 12 degrees in the Granite City today - you must miss it like hell!!! :lol Any jobs going??? TQM

Re: Message from India

It's not often I agree with you Mr V! :clap :clap I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while Trev!! Great move for you and all the best for the future! :ok Around 12 degrees in the Granite City today - you must miss it like hell!!! :lol Any jobs going??? TQM
Cheers TQM. Good to see Aberdeen's enjoying an Indian summer. It's a sultry 29 deg at the moment here. You wouldn't like it though, no golf courses!

Re: Message from India Welcome back eltrev, thought there was a wee bit more elbow room in Scotland but wasn't sure why :lol Hope you enjoy India, what is it you do anyway? I would never be brave enough to move anywhere that wasn't just like here ie. Australia, Canada or New Zealand would be my only choices and none of them want us. :lol All the best to you and yours. See u on a table sometime.