Mlb 8/23

1st pick for me today: Mets SU and small on RL Mulder is coming off an injury and some think he's being rushed back too soon. The left-hander’s last rehab start in Triple-A Memphis against Oklahoma City, he threw 92 pitches in just four innings while allowing five runs and walked five batters. But apparently that was good enough for Cards vice president Jerry Walker, who told general manager Walt Jocketty that Mulder was ready to be called up despite a post-game report that reported the contrary. Either way, pitching coach Dave Duncan isn’t expecting too much from Mulder tonight. “I don`t expect him to be at his very best,†Duncan told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I`m not letting my expectations get too far beyond a reasonable place. It`s probably going to take him a couple of starts to kind of get his command together.†Gotta love the vote of no confidence here Trachsel has been the Mets most consistent pitcher this year (12-5, 4.79). Mulder defeated him on May 17, but Trachsel has gone 10-1 in 16 starts since. His 10 wins since June 9 are the most in the NL over that span, and tie him with John Garland for the major league lead. Trachsel won his third consecutive decision on Friday, allowing three runs over seven innings of a 6-3 victory over Colorado.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.