Playing tactically...

mikerowe

Not necessarily looking for advice/comments here, just thought I would share :) At Sheffield Ecclesall Rd £20R Pot Limit (my 'home' game :D ) tonight. Bout 14 runners left, pay last ten, total prize pool around £4800. Ive got maybe 5500 chips(making me around 4th smallest stack), blinds have just gone up to 500-1000. In big blind, look down at AKs. Not a terrible hand by any means, but one caller raises pot, another reraises, action on me. To call would put me all in. What I *should* do is fold it away? At least one player would be out, I've got enough for another few orbits...:hope I don't. I push them all into the middle. 2 callers turn over TT and 88. Yup, my ace comes but so do two eights. Me and another player out - what's worse is at the same time another player goes out on the other table, leaving only 11 in. The bubble goes 2 hands later. Am I annoyed with myself? Yes - not for playing AKs but for not being completely aware of the chip levels, state of play on the other table. Tactics and awareness in short. Annoyingly 3 weeks ago came 3rd there for £750 after taking out the bubble with AKs :) Feh. Live and learn. Mike

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.