Poker Bots

johnp

Re: Poker Bots I've looked into it, it's not a simple case of buying your bot and setting it off to make you money - the bot is only as good as the person supplying it with formulas/algorithms/code, and even then is only going to be a success at very low FL tables, where you're fighting an uphill battle to make money with rake etc taken into account.

Re: Poker Bots This is an article on bots I read once and found quite interesting. It discusses, for the main part - how Winholdem (apparently a popular one ) works if you weren't sure. What I think about people who use bots? I think its unethical, and irrtating - but people do unethical and irritating things everyday . http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-savers/article.html?in_article_id=405333&in_page_id=5

Re: Poker Bots Personal opinion is that it takes the fun away. I enjoy playing poker, and would hate to see some program in front of me that's folding, checking, raising based on what the "correct play" is. I assume it can't read other players to see if they are tight/loose/weak/strong.

Re: Poker Bots

Personal opinion is that it takes the fun away. I enjoy playing poker, and would hate to see some program in front of me that's folding, checking, raising based on what the "correct play" is. I assume it can't read other players to see if they are tight/loose/weak/strong.
I think the goal for a lot of the bot owners is to accumulate/turn over enough cash from grinding the bot at low lmiits, to enable them to play higher stakes themselves. Not saying I agree with it, it's unethical etc - but then again if the bot can only play the strategy you tell it to, there is an element of skill involved. If you suck, your bot will suck.

Re: Poker Bots I don't think there's anything inherently unethical about it. Most, if not all, poker sites have rules saying bots aren't allowed, and so on those sites it would be unethical, but only because you'd be breaking their rules. But if somebody started a site where they welcomed bots, there would be nothing unethical about it. I might prefer not to play on that site, but that's another matter.

Re: Poker Bots

I think the goal for a lot of the bot owners is to accumulate/turn over enough cash from grinding the bot at low lmiits, to enable them to play higher stakes themselves. Not saying I agree with it, it's unethical etc - but then again if the bot can only play the strategy you tell it to, there is an element of skill involved. If you suck, your bot will suck.
So, I have to "teach" the bot? Man, that would be one sorry-ass bot :lol