did i do the right thing?

morlspin

Normally id have been all in once the flop showed what it did, but after the bet and raise i bottled it. Hand #397943999 at table: V-Points Freeroll Started: Sun Aug 20 19:55:12 2006 morlspin is at seat 1 with 2070.00 1 i jack is at seat 2 with 1880.00 hallelujah is at seat 3 with 1635.00 Keivn is at seat 4 with 450.00 PLGeorgeUK is at seat 5 with 1875.00 NV_COCO is at seat 6 with 1845.00 samster is at seat 7 with 1825.00 Twicky is at seat 8 with 1650.00 Maverrix is at seat 9 with 3820.00 jimbo50 is at seat 10 with 4515.00 PLGeorgeUK posts the large blind 50.00 Keivn posts the small blind 25.00 Keivn: --, -- PLGeorgeUK: --, -- NV_COCO: --, -- samster: --, -- Twicky: --, -- Maverrix: --, -- jimbo50: --, -- morlspin: Jc, Js 1 i jack: --, -- hallelujah: --, -- Pre-flop: NV_COCO: Fold samster: Call 50.00 Twicky: Call 50.00 Maverrix: Fold jimbo50: Fold morlspin: Call 50.00 1 i jack: Fold hallelujah: Fold Keivn: Call 50.00 PLGeorgeUK: Check Flop (Board: 4s, 10h, 3c): Keivn: Check PLGeorgeUK: Check samster: Bet 250.00 Twicky: All in morlspin: Fold

Re: did i do the right thing? My opinion (for what its worth) - Did you do the right thing in folding - Yes (Assuming the guys not some kind of maniac...) You would assume that the worst hand he's gone all-in with was AT - I would guess though he's holdin 44 33 TT (one of the lower two would be my guess) - Did you do the right thing pre-flop - Not Sure - I may have been inclined to raise the pot to, hopefully, drive out the trappy hands. Although following 2 calls it would have been bigger than normal - maybe 400 But when you didn't know really where you where in the hand then folding was definitely the best option - you don't have to win every pot you enter

Re: did i do the right thing? I agree with Voice of Joe......should have raised, but in a freeroll, players call with shite anyway.... He never showed after the hand, so im non the wiser , which i think is better cos if he showed A10 or other i may have been peed off

Re: did i do the right thing? I'm with Joe on that one mate. If you had raised and he had called/raised then you may have known where you were in the hand. Maybe because it is a focus game you feel you have to be ultra tight It must be tough at the top :lol

Re: did i do the right thing? depends how serious you take a freeroll, me i woulda called and if went out played something else as it cost me nothing, if not double up and play properly, if you looking at it as serious game the fold is correct imo:clap :hope gl

Re: did i do the right thing? why would he shove with a made hand? what is he scared of someone having another PP and hitting their 3rd card for trips? seems like the usual Q10suited limp, hit top pair and thought it best to shove before being 'out drawn' - thats how it looks to me the 250 bet is prolly someone with AQ/AK/77/66/55 hoping that no one hit a 10 and can buy the pot with a large bet would I call - prolly not, but then again, like you, I would have raised PF, so it becomes an easier answer Damo

My opinion (for what its worth) - Did you do the right thing in folding - Yes (Assuming the guys not some kind of maniac...) You would assume that the worst hand he's gone all-in with was AT - I would guess though he's holdin 44 33 TT (one of the lower two would be my guess) - Did you do the right thing pre-flop - Not Sure - I may have been inclined to raise the pot to, hopefully, drive out the trappy hands. Although following 2 calls it would have been bigger than normal - maybe 400 But when you didn't know really where you where in the hand then folding was definitely the best option - you don't have to win every pot you enter

Re: did i do the right thing?

Morls, I can't really tell you where you're going wrong, but seeing as you asked for me thats a dream flop and scenario with JJ... I'm all in too (and probably out in 48,888).
I know mate, and usually is for me too.....dunno what made me fold? Perhaps it was the pressure of knowing id no longer be BPP, which i fought so hard to get back off Kev....silly i know, as i lost it anyway, but something in my head said fold Ah well....i hope he had QQ lol

Re: did i do the right thing?

I know mate, and usually is for me too.....dunno what made me fold? Perhaps it was the pressure of knowing id no longer be BPP, which i fought so hard to get back off Kev....silly i know, as i lost it anyway, but something in my head said fold Ah well....i hope he had QQ lol
Kev who? D i K