New to this am I playing my hands wrong?

pjw

Hi new to this as title suggests... Playing in a particular tournament when this happened... Blinds were 150,300...I was in relative late postion when I woke up with AA...I raised the standard raise four times the bb to 1200...having 13000 chips, this was folded around to 1 person who re-raised to 2400 nearly half his stack of 6000...I decided to put him all-in , to which he called...he had 77 to which the poker gods tripped him up on the river, to my horror...did I play this wrong? could I have risked less?

Re: New to this am I playing my hands,wrong? Forgot to mentionthis as well....lol Not moaning honest... Three hands laterI have 9,10...get two callers...the flop is 7,8,J...you can imagine my ear anticipation of this hand...I raise to 600....person next to me moves all in for his 2600 stack and the guy next to act calls...so I move all in to which the remaining player calls me...yep you guessed it...the turn and the river is 9,10...counterfeiting my straight and everyone recieving their chips back....lol DO THE POKER GODS HATE ME..only joking,poker a fickle game , eh

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.