APAT Online Series - Further Details from Des Duffy

slick mick

Re: Apat Ive joined but very painful, not too happy about the way another paypal account is opened with your email address automatically, I had to delete the other way to pay this membership, got to go through the entire process again to pay for Lou

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Apat

I see on the apat site it looks as if you can sign up straight away for the live tournament in September too. Tempting just to see if can be first ! (first in' date=' last out ;) )[/quote'] Now that I've had replies to a couple of emails I can reveal that this nearly worked ! :rollin Came home yesterday to find that the paypal payments were up and running so went back to the apat site to pay and found my 'shopping basket' still contained the £75 fee for the first live tournament. Decided I would want to play so saw no harm in including it still - so I paid £80 in total and got the usual receipt for it. It was only after that when browsing their site again that I found that clicking on 'enter' for the live game now only brought up the message re 120 only and you can't sign up until the end of the month ! So now I'm asking myself are their only 119 places cos I'm on the list already ! ? So I send an email to ask, and 10 minutes later my £80 is refunded by paypal :lol . So first in, first out is more accurate :tongue2 Now the quick-witted among you will have noticed they have refunded the full £80 and apat have just confirmed I will need to rejoin ! I hope and think this Association will be a great success but they are going to have to cater for more than 120 players or hold online qualifiers first because I'm not sure how much fun or fair 'fastest finger first' is going to be ? Unless we think £75 will put off a lot of players ? :ok

Re: Apat I dont think the £75 will put off people at all, but more likely to encourage more due to the low cost in comparision with other live freezeout tourneys. SAo I agree they will defiently need to find locations that can hold more than 120

Re: Apat or just host them more often Damo

I dont think the £75 will put off people at all' date=' but more likely to encourage more due to the low cost in comparision with other live freezeout tourneys. SAo I agree they will defiently need to find locations that can hold more than 120[/quote']

Re: Apat

I dont think the £75 will put off people at all' date=' but more likely to encourage more due to the low cost in comparision with other live freezeout tourneys. SAo I agree they will defiently need to find locations that can hold more than 120[/quote']Stoke's new Stanleys opens tomorrow - 17 card tables apparently. :nana :nana :nana :nana

Re: Apat yep i was gonna join apat but put it on hold right now.Because to me doing the 1 tourney with only 120 seats available is not enough.Surely they knew they were gonna get alot of interest otherwise they would.nt of invented apat.If u ask me they should see how many join 1st then decide on venues and numbers after that way they could cater for all of us and not just a select 120.Like was said b4 it will be fastest finger 1st or whos got the fastest computer.Me i will struggle with that 1 as mine is old and slow like me lol.Surely knowing how poker is so big right now there gonna get thousands who join and so many dissapointed members 2.To me normally the £75 would be alot of money but i think its a great oppurtunity surely they should think about making the numbers more with more vnues on offer. ps sorry i go on a bit but just thought i would give my opinion :poker c u all in brum :cow

Re: Apat Qoute from the APAT site : "To join an APAT Online event, go to PokerStars.com and follow the link to the APAT Online information page, where complete instructions will be available. APAT Online events are password protected and only available to Members. Password details will be emailed to each Member prior to the event." Anyone have any idea when the password will be sent out ? No mention of the online series on PokerStars at prsent as far as I can see

APAT Online Series - Further Details from Des Duffy FYI :

Hi Jeff, The first two events of the Online Series are up on the PokerStars client, within "Tourney" and "Special". We have updated the Online Series page at apat.com with further details as above also. In addition, we hope that our Online Series page will go live on PokerStars.com later today (Monday 7th August) The actual password will be emailed to all members in the next week. Regards, Des. Des Duffy Managing Director Amateur Poker Limited

Re: APAT Online Series - Further Details from Des Duffy

just got this....... Amateur Poker Association & Tour APAT Online Series Goes Live!

Dear Member, Thank you for joining the Amateur Poker Association & Tour. Please find registration details below for the inaugural APAT Online Series event - the English Amateur Poker Open - which will be held at PokerStars.com, on Saturday August 19th at 8.00pm UK time (3pm ET). The APAT Online Series is a collection of 30 International tournaments open to APAT members of every nationality, and each event will offer excellent value for a $20 + $2 buy in. Tournaments, including the Australian, European and North American Amateur Poker Opens', will be played every second Saturday, and the season will culminate with the five day World Series Of Amateur Poker, which will feature HORSE, Omaha, Stud and Razz events, in addition to a No Limit Texas Hold Em Championship event. Members will play for the prize money generated at each event, while the nine players who make a final table will earn APAT player of the year ranking points. The highest combined APAT Live and Online Series point scorer in season one will win an expenses paid tournament entry to the PokerStars.com Caribbean Adventure World Poker Tour event, where prize money could run into millions! Steps to participate in the Online Series:- 1) Download and install the poker client from www.PokerStars.com. 2) Follow the instructions to register an account at PokerStars. 3) Go to the 'Tourney', 'Special' Lobby. 4) Select - APAT English Amateur Poker Open. 5) Register using your PokerStars ID, and the password: ************** We hope you enjoy the tournament and our second Online Series event, the Italian Amateur Poker Open, which will be held at PokerStars.com on September 2nd. Stay updated with APAT Online Series tournament reports in each new issue of PokerPlayer magazine. To subscribe to 12 issue for £5.00, please go to: PokerPlayer. The winners of each of the seven APAT Live events in season one will receive an expenses paid tournament entry to a European Poker Tour or World Series Of Poker main event. For more details on APAT Live or Online Series events, please go to: www.apat.com. Good luck to all APAT members taking part in the Online Series. Des Duffy Managing Director Amateur Poker Limited

Re: APAT Online Series - Further Details from Des Duffy Me too.... I am in.... The password is also the same for the Italian tourney on 2nd September - tried it, and successfully registered for that tourney too... I can sense ( should that be "read" ? :) ) a PL Fest of Poker coming up...

Re: APAT Online Series - Further Details from Des Duffy

Iצ ןמת נוא ןא ןד 0300שצ שמג ןท ไพแก รื ฟรสืฟก ไฟ สส++++++++ I can speak Thai, excellent, I am but very drunk as 0300am
$%&HHK**&%%$WGHI(*&%% joe:D :D :spank

Re: APAT Online Series - Further Details from Des Duffy Out in 150th.... Should I be pissed off? I am cos its $20 down the drain. But not with how I played...

PokerStars Game #5976524715: Tournament #29530935, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/08/19 - 16:16:54 (ET) Table '29530935 11' 9-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: hustleryep (8885 in chips) Seat 2: MaisyMouse (3955 in chips) Seat 3: Valiant23 (4180 in chips) Seat 4: daterape (4675 in chips) Seat 5: T11RNX (7725 in chips) Seat 6: goonner (4970 in chips) Seat 7: icVHsvAp1j (3865 in chips) Seat 8: OnLnGotti (7335 in chips) Seat 9: Purr Of Aces (7770 in chips) MaisyMouse: posts small blind 75 Valiant23: posts big blind 150 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Valiant23 [Qd Jd] daterape: folds T11RNX: calls 150 goonner: folds icVHsvAp1j: folds OnLnGotti: folds Purr Of Aces: calls 150 hustleryep: calls 150 MaisyMouse: calls 75 Valiant23: checks *** FLOP *** [8d 4h Kd] MaisyMouse: checks Valiant23: checks T11RNX: checks Purr Of Aces: bets 300 hustleryep: folds MaisyMouse: folds Valiant23: calls 300 T11RNX: folds *** TURN *** [8d 4h Kd] [Td] Valiant23: checks Purr Of Aces: bets 750 Valiant23: raises 1500 to 2250 Purr Of Aces said, "u wanking over that flush?" Purr Of Aces said, ":)" Purr Of Aces: raises 5070 to 7320 and is all-in Valiant23: calls 1480 and is all-in *** RIVER *** [8d 4h Kd Td] [Th] *** SHOW DOWN *** Valiant23: shows [Qd Jd] (a flush, King high) Purr Of Aces: shows [8c Tc] (a full house, Tens full of Eights) Purr Of Aces said, "ul" Purr Of Aces collected 8810 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 8810 | Rake 0 Board [8d 4h Kd Td Th] Seat 1: hustleryep (button) folded on the Flop Seat 2: MaisyMouse (small blind) folded on the Flop Seat 3: Valiant23 (big blind) showed [Qd Jd] and lost with a flush, King high Seat 4: daterape folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: T11RNX folded on the Flop Seat 6: goonner folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: icVHsvAp1j folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: OnLnGotti folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: Purr Of Aces showed [8c Tc] and won (8810) with a full house, Tens full of Eights