The evils of gambling

Dave Mardell

So as you know, Party Poker are offering a $300 bonus for party points accrued. Id built my deposit up from $550 to $1100. A nice little double though. I then proceded to blow through the whole lot on blackjack. Oooops. Depostied another $500. Oooooops. Built that up to $1000. Should stopped there at break even point. Nope. Blew the lot again. Oooooops. Proceeded to deposit $1000. Ooooops Spunked the lot on roulette. Oooops I have now had to transfer some money from my savings account just to bring current account back to £0. And its only the 5th. Needless to say I was a total arse. I brought it on myself. The only reason I post this is to serve as a warning. DO NOT play blackjack. Also you'll understand why im not around for a bit until i get my finances right. I do still have a level 5 entry to Prima's level 5 rounders. Mayber I can win that and right myself ;)

Re: The evils of gambling Good luck with the rounders game Dave, I too blew an absolute load on betting with such sites as betfair. Just chasing my money and getting myself into more and more debt. I can remember thinking if the next one wins i will be back level........yeah right. With my total lack of discipline it was only a matter of time until it all went pear shaped. Quite a few times i would get into a situation where i would be saved with my last bet, Well it was only my last bet because i got back level ,otherwise i would have undoubtedly carried on. To make matters worse for me it was all going on the credit card and wasn't even my money to start with. So as i was putting more and more money into my betting accounts i was paying a lot of credit card fees to deposit. Getting deeper and deeper into debt and being an homeowner with 4 kids!!!! I had a major problem on my hands. Not to mention i didnt tell a soul what was going on , keeping it all bottled up inside and acting like a right twat with my kids and mrs.The problem i had was that it was so easy to come dwnstairs ,turn on the computer and start gambling. The flick of a switch is all it takes and your back on betting on anything and everything. Anyway to cut a very long story short, i now have my finances in some sort of order. I am going to be paying for my errs for a long time to come still but i know where i am with it all now. I would also mention that finding punterslounge was a breath of fresh air to me. With a lot of great people and a lot of great posts. I have learned so much while exploring this site and it does make me think 'what if i had found this site earlier' Maybe there could have been a chance of saving a couple of ££'s. I now play poker and only poker and there is no better place for any kind of information than on this website. Mr GaF? is a credit to this site :notworthy I'm not doing to bad at poker either as there is more coming in than going out these days. So to any newbie who is just getting into betting, Make sure you only bet with what you can afford to lose and take a look around this great site as there will be help in all areas of betting. Oh and be lucky lol..... Just seems like yesterday when i was going down to the bookies to place a £1.50 lucky15 :) 10 Years ago :eek Anyway this is my mini counselling session over with. Maybe it may save someone from going on the same journey as i have been.:hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.