F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 6th August

Re: F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 6th August Thought I should add this. It's really falling apart for him at the moment:$.

Alonso hit with two-second quali penalty Friday, 04, August, 2006, 19:18
spacer.gif
:openwin('Popups/Photo.aspx?IM_ID=38639','',770,550,'yes')'>38639_1.gif Fernando Alonso has been punished for dangerous driving following an altercation with Robert Doornbos in Friday practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix. The world champion will have two seconds added to his fastest lap time in each segment of Saturday’s qualifying. Alonso gesticulated angrily at Doornbos after the Red Bull third driver held him up on a new-tyre run on Friday afternoon and then appeared to brake-test the Dutchman going into the first corner. The two drivers were summoned to the stewards’ office to give their versions of the incident, and Alonso was later called back a second time. After lengthy deliberations the stewards handed the Spaniard two time penalties of one second each for separate offences. The first was for “unnecessary, unacceptable and dangerous” driving in the incident with Doornbos, the other for overtaking under a yellow flag. The penalties mean that Alonso will be hard pressed to make it past the knockout qualifying stages on Saturday, and is likely to start from the middle of the grid or below. That will seriously dent his chances of a good result given that overtaking is notoriously difficult at the Hungaroring (though it is marginally easier than it used to be after changes to the circuit layout in 2003).
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36930

Re: F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 6th August

SportMotorsport
EventHungarian Grand Prix
SelectionRAIKKONEN to finish on the podium
Strength10/10
Date06/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningAs predicted the McLaren found some speed last weekend and I think they will be quick here aswell. Kimi looked decent in practice and I think he can definately be best of the rest this weekend. Renault have serious problems as they've kept the mass dampers off and Alonso has a two second penalty in qualifying. I really don't see them being on the pace this weekend so the main threat to Kimi for the podium could be his team mate and the Hondas and Toyotas. I definately see Kimi having the pace to beat that lot and should be on for another podium. Take this price now as I am informed Kimi will go light again in qualifying so should be much shorter before the race. Also 2.2 available at Betfair.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.