To Blog or Not To Blog

Masterplan

played 2 tournies so far today and given what i've seen on other blogs, some people seem to keep very readable written transcripts of their play. but i dont want to give too much away so i'll post there what i've got for you guys to read. maybe you could give me some play hints, or at least let me know which bits arent worth posting :) My first stop for the day will be the $2+$0.20 NLHE on Tribeca (using VC client) at 17:15 this normally brings about 3 or 400 entries and with top 27 pay getting ITM at all proves fairly profitable. 2nd Hand in i find myself UTG with AJo, since this is VC (read clueless jammy fishes) i just limp from early position with these, and sure enough, 2 places to my left, someone goes straight all in, and we all fold. 2 hands later i'm on the sb with KK, time to make some money, 2 limpers round to me, i make it 4x to go. only the later limper calls, flop 8 A 2, horrible, but thank god i only brought one other guy in with me, i bet half the pot and take it down. level up, got 120 chips(3xbb) in that last one thanks to the AJ and 9Ts missing, and the KK not picking up much. blinds coming round again for the second time, back where i started after 2 limps missed the flop. onto my sb for the second time and it the second level, i forget how much these 8 minute blinds can hurt if you dont make some chips on each round. time for some bluff play. 66 on the button with one limper, make it 5x bb to get in sb and limper call. flop 8 K 9, time to keep up the AK bluff with it, another 4x bb, only sb calls, and there ... my 6!! another 4x bb and he goes all in, he turns over JJ and is gone. a most successful double up. next hand, folded 89o, would flopped the J high straight and won a 4 way(with me) all in against A7 AQ and KQ ... grr KQo in mp, 3x bb. raise - re-raise i am outta there, the 2 all in turn over ATo(first raiser) and AKo(2nd raiser) T high board means the suckout is complete with only 300 of my chips gone. level up after the blinds have passed and i find AJ on the button, make it 5x bb and bb goes all in, i call, he turns KTo and hits his K, what a muppet. down to 7xbb. A6o in MP, single raise behind me at UTG+2, i'm suspicious, so is everyone else, he takes it down. fold K4s in UTG+1 and woulda hit my king flush with the ace on the board. never mind UTG i get AQo, called by Q5o in sb, J J K K A, what a board :) up to 15xbb 5 limpers into my sb, i called with Q7s and hit the 7 as top pair. check it as i'm suspicious of overpockets tho and fold after a 2x bet and a call, somethings wrong with this hand. all but 1 limper calls, UTG goes all in on the 4 on the turn, pairing the board, the other 2 limpers fold, smells like aces to me although it was the muppet who went all in with KTo. Level up again, 9x bb left in front of me, still shoving territory against these fools. QJs UTG, i limp, flop 2 9 9, just muppet boy and the blinds in with me, they check, i bet, folds to bb who raises me, and i fold. my sb, muppet boy raises 5x, another goes all in over the top and i folde my K9o, against A5o(muppet) and 88, woulda hit 2 pair ... 4x bb left. UTG+1 i find K5o and shove, all fold, free blinds, next hand ... level up, ffs 4x bb left. blinds show me 59o and 59o .. lovely just under 3xbb left. button -1 A9o, all in against UTG who single raised ... with ATs, my 4 card flush beats his nothing though :) 7x bb left. pocket 9s UTG and i shove. 2 callers, 6 8 Q flop. J turn, 5 river, nailed by KK. out 80/304. never really got going, but gave myself a good showing. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Next at 18:00 is the Europoker Fish Tank, personally i like this tourny because at $2 +$0.20 with an added $100 you normally get up to about $3 value per person. 88 UTG and i limp, next position single raises(at 10/20 blinds?) 2 callers round to sb, who raises to 150. i call and so does everyone else. flop comes Q 7 Q, blinds check i bet the 600 in the pot and everyone folds, 50% stack increase is all good :) Q7s of spades EP, think about it then fold, flop comes down K high all spades ... d'oh. Level up, M of 48. AA in MP, GRRRREAT., 2 limpers behind, pop 3xbb blinds and limpers both call, flop 3 7 K, time to bet big. limper to my left bets 70, i raise to 300, other limper goes all in for 495, 2nd calls i call. i bet 400 on the turn, 2nd folds, 1st shows KTo, 89/11 the stats pop up, BOOM. 10 on the river and i'm back down to average stack. ffs. M of 36 Level up, M of 21. 22 UTG, i call and right next to me the guy single raises, i'm suspicious, flop comes down KKQ and he bets 4xbb, i'm still suspicious so i call, turn is a 5 and i stuf 6x bb down his throat. he calls then the river ... another Q, 2 overpairs with a 5, i'm playing the board, we both check and he turns ATo ... what a monkey ... M of 12 A2 button -1 one limper to me, i make a play and put 6x bb on the board.(1/3 my stack, bb calls and limper called, flop 9 K 2, check/check to me .. i'm shoving, called by bb who turns ... KJs, no help turn or river, out 97/157. another disappointing tourny.

Re: To Blog or Not To Blog Where to start? " 2nd Hand in i find myself UTG with AJo, since this is VC (read clueless jammy fishes) i just limp from early position with these, and sure enough, 2 places to my left, someone goes straight all in, and we all fold." This one raises an interesting point. Personally, I'd still raise here. If the shover is going to shove, then fine, but I don't want him to limp and then be followed by loads more limpers. There is a chance he will fold and is only pushing a marginal hand because no-one else has shown any strength yet. " 66 on the button with one limper, make it 5x bb to get in sb and limper call. flop 8 K 9, time to keep up the AK bluff with it, another 4x bb, only sb calls, and there ... my 6!! another 4x bb and he goes all in, he turns over JJ and is gone. a most successful double up." Can you say fish? This went horribly wrong and you got incredibly lucky. Part of the luck was JJ played moderately badly, but this isn't the first time you've got in a sticky situation with small pairs is it? Oh, and keeping up the bluff betting 4xBB into a pot of more than 15xBB? I would've expected a bet of at least 10xBB.. " level up after the blinds have passed and i find AJ on the button, make it 5x bb and bb goes all in, i call, he turns KTo and hits his K, what a muppet. down to 7xbb." Unlucky. He could've been playing a re-steal, since your button raise was fairly large (too large - if he's going to fold, he'll probably fold to 3-4xBB?) " 5 limpers into my sb, i called with Q7s and hit the 7 as top pair. check it as i'm suspicious of overpockets tho and fold after a 2x bet and a call" Nice. Not a fold I'd normally expect you to make. " Level up again, 9x bb left in front of me, still shoving territory against these fools. QJs UTG, i limp, flop 2 9 9, just muppet boy and the blinds in with me, they check, i bet, folds to bb who raises me, and i fold." Please tell me there's a typo in here somewhere. 9xBB is pushing territory, but then to limp with QJ UTG, and bet into 3 other players!? I was drinking coffee when I read this, I would've spat it all over my laptop. From there on, hard luck. --------------------------- " 88 UTG and i limp, next position single raises(at 10/20 blinds?) 2 callers round to sb, who raises to 150. i call and so does everyone else. flop comes Q 7 Q, blinds check i bet the 600 in the pot and everyone folds, 50% stack increase is all good :)" Why call the re-raise? You're sandwiched between the re-raiser and the original raiser, with (again..) a middling-small pair. The bluff on the flop is dangerous.. I see it losing far more than you win, and is worse since you bet the entire pot. Risky. " Level up, M of 48. AA in MP, GRRRREAT., 2 limpers behind, pop 3xbb blinds and limpers both call" Potentially a time to raise more than 3xBB.. since there's already 3.5xBB in the pot after the two limpers. I would go with a pot sized-raise here: your call makes it 4.5, than raise by that amount (so 5.5xBB in total). "other limper goes all in for 495, 2nd calls i call" Why not push here? As it stands, you get no extra money out of the other limper/caller. If he's on a draw, he might pay for it now, whereas he's unlikely to pay so much on later streets when his odds are worse. "22 UTG, i call and right next to me the guy single raises, i'm suspicious, flop comes down KKQ and he bets 4xbb, i'm still suspicious so i call, turn is a 5 and i stuf 6x bb down his throat. he calls then the river ... another Q, 2 overpairs with a 5, i'm playing the board, we both check and he turns ATo ... what a monkey ... M of 12" I hate to say it, but again.. small pairs makes you the monkey in this spot. What did you hope to achieve with your betting on all streets? It doesn't look to me like you've represented any particular hand, so he's inclined to think he's winning here. " A2 button -1 one limper to me, i make a play and put 6x bb on the board.(1/3 my stack, bb calls and limper called, flop 9 K 2, check/check to me .. i'm shoving, called by bb who turns ... KJs, no help turn or river, out 97/157. another disappointing tourny." With 12xBB, you can't afford to be making plays with A2. If you're betting 1/3 of your stack you're essentially pot committed anyway, so give yourself the best chance of winning and shove pre-flop. I really think you might want to reconsider how you play small pairs. :)

Re: To Blog or Not To Blog I haven't actually read all that Mr Plan because it is far to detailed. Impossible to come back to that info after a few months. I say keep it short, post hand historys if the site offers it and use paragraphs and bold to make it easy to pick up on the important points. But blogs are good, stops you clogging up internet forums with bad beats in my opinion. ;)