Goodwood 02/08

Re: Goodwood 02/08 2.40 Goodwood - MEDICINE PATH Beat some well fancied horses at York over this trip and looked like an obvious horse to progress in the future. A completely different track today than York but if it handles the undulations it will have a great chance at a decent price. Reported to have looked really well in the paddock last time out and won well. 3.15 Goodwood - COURT MASTERPIECE I didn't really rate this horse as a Group 1 candidate before but it couldn't have got much closer at Ascot and with a clearer run would probably now be a Group 1 winner. Loves this track, and still capable of improvement. Great price today and well worth opposing the favourites with this horse. 3.50 Goodwood - ASK I noted this as one to follow after looking really unlucky on its debut, repeatedly having its run blocked. Turned over at odds on but began to pick up at the end of the race and then eventually got off the mark at Chepstow, again picking up late to win. Will have no problem with the trip, looks to have plenty of improvement and from a good stable with the current leading jockey. 5.35 Goodwood - SONG OF PASSION More than capable of winning at this level. Distance winner and won twice at class 2. Shocking run at listed level when finishing last but must have a chance today under Ryan Moore. Looked progressive when beating Collateral Damage which won at York on the PL do and looked good while also boosting the form. Also has very good speed ratings.

Re: Goodwood 02/08 Evening all, first time poster, and fairly recent horses punter, here. Thought I'd put up my selections for Goodwood tomorrow. 14:05: I fancy KEY TIME to make it a magnificant 6 out of 7 in this one with Seb Sanders on board. I will also be backing ODDSMAKER e/w who has shown some good form of late and is fairly low down in the weights. 15:15: Just can't see past ARAAFA, should be too good for this field. Two Group 1 wins behind it, and will probably go off odds-on fav. 15:50: I like the look of GOWER SONG in this one. Horse shows good form as does the Elsworth stable. After CHampions Gallery a few days back at Ascot, I think this ride can give the Elsworth/Egan partnership another fair priced winner. :hope 14:05: KEY TIME - 10pts win @ 9/2 ODDSMAKER - 5pts e/w @ 14/1 15:15: ARAAFA - 10pts win @ evens 15:50: GOWER SONG - 10pts win @ 11/1

Re: Goodwood 02/08 2.05 Goodwood: KEY TIME The four-year-old is the essence of consistency having not finished outside the top two places since August 2005. He also seems to be improving at a rate of knots judged by his three consecutive victories at Catterick, Beverley and Carlisle. A true stayer with a real appetite for a scrap, Key Time is another who should appreciate a discernible step up in trip at Goodwood. 3.15 Goodwood : ECHO OF LIGHT Out of all his horses that he had penciled in for this he's left Echo in. Sent out as a pace maker LTO for Satchem this horse got his nose infront and kept on going to win at 7/1. Usually ridden by McEvoy Frankie takes the reins today. Im not saying McEvoy wouldnt be up to the job today but I just feel with Frankie on such good form he can maybe get that little bit extra out of him today to beat these very good rivals. As I mentioned this Godolphin horse is very capable to get its nose infront early and stay the mile infront. 3.50 Goodwood: ASK Gave Classic punch a fright on his 2nd start but made amends for that next time with a win at Chepstow. Old sniffy(Stoute)looks to have been saving this horse for this race and a ledger entry means Stoute has good things to come from this one. 5.35 Goodwood: TRAFALGAR BAY Been running well in some hot six-furlong handicaps and looks worth a try over this 7F.Frankie makes an eye catching booking.

Re: Goodwood 02/08 Araafa for me boring I know but think this is a good thing today, can either make the running or come of the pace, coming here of two very good wins on firm & heavy ground so should handle any rain if there is to be. Trainer won this last year and is in good form too.

Re: Goodwood 02/08 Its a tough race TBH I think you can run this race 5 times and get a different winner,maybe myheart is ruling my head a bit but frankie is on fire and Godolphin are coming good now. :hope Good luck mate.

Re: Goodwood 02/08 Hi Carl, Well done 4 y'day!! Just been reading what you wrote about Key Time for the 2.05 - 2.05 Goodwood: KEY TIME The four-year-old is the essence of consistency having not finished outside the top two places since August 2005. He also seems to be improving at a rate of knots judged by his three consecutive victories at Catterick, Beverley and Carlisle. A true stayer with a real appetite for a scrap, Key Time is another who should appreciate a discernible step up in trip at Goodwood. I was wondering where you got this info from as it is exactly to the letter of what my local tipster - Paul Allen of the Coventry Evening Telegraph wrote in y'days paper. Is it all coming from the same higher source ?

Re: Goodwood 02/08 3.15 Goodwood - Big race preview Very tough race and there looks to be some value in Soviet Song, however I'm siding with Carl on this one. Echo Of Light - I think he won with a fair bit in hand last time and may just be too difficult to pass from the front. The worry is he may get outpaced but if he can get an easy(ish) lead he may just have enough left to keep on till the line. Court Masterpiece - One of the older raiders in the field. He may be vulnerable to some of the youngsters in the field today and not as good as Soviet Song. Although unlucky LTO, I don't think he will be good enough today. Rob Roy - Highly rated by the Stoute stable, but hasnt seemed to quite live up to the hype. Well beaten LTO with two of todays rivals over 5 lengths in front of him. However anything trained by Stoute has to be respected. Vanderlin - A good horse in its own right, however well held last time by Prince Of Light in a class 2 conditions race. Wont be able to match some of todays rivals but a bit over - priced at 150/1. Soviet Song - A wonder filly!! Was well beaten last time when not given the best of rides by Spencer. Maybe now age is catching up with her. If she is at her best there is plenty of value to be had at 5/1 in places. Araafa - although winning his last two races. I dont believe they were as good as this one today. He beat George Washington when he wasnt at his best and the St James's Palace LTO. Those were both good 3 y old races but he faces older more experienced rivals today. Aussie Rules - The Irish challenger from the O' Brien camp and has to be respected. Won a good mile race at Longchamp 3 runs ago. Last 2 runs have been over 1 mile 2f and dropped back down to a mile may bring out a better horse. Has won her only race over a mile in a Grp 1 at Longchamp. If she can reproduce that form could be in with a chance at 12/1. 1st Echo Of Light 2nd Aussie Rules 3rd Araafa

Re: Goodwood 02/08 I'm gonna be totally original also. Definatly on Key Time. Its credentials have already been mention. also fancy Ask. Can hopefully step up into handicap company here, also safe with the distance. Improving with each run, can hopefully follow up the win LTO with a double. 2 Singles and a Double on these two.... Not sure about the big race, a few people siding with Echo of Light on here which may persude me to get on.......

Re: Goodwood 02/08 ok mate i'll check tonights addition and see what hes sayin though an article aint guaranteed but it is Glorious Goodwood. Would be funny if I caught him copy/paste some websites column everytime should be sacked if thats the case. Anyway todays meet - 15:15 - To be honest I cant see past Araafa especially after y'day where the two class horses(Iffraaj/Sixties Icon) romped it. Though I do like the look of your pick and should have the better of Soviet Song at least. I'm not gonna have one on this as the price is too shoddy. 15:50 - I reckon that this is the best market for today especially with Ask now at 11/4 from 9/2. Hes got a great chance but theres a fair few horses with their eye on it Strategic Mount, Magicalmysterytour, King's Head & Oh Glory Be surely in with a shout at great prices. Small e/w on King's Head I think cnt ignore 15/1. 14:05 - Im going with Key Time(5/1) for win and e/w Sir Monty(16/1). 2 great prices as I feel both should be there or there abouts. 14:40 - I think Fannings got an interesting ride here on Kirklees. The Johnston trained horse looks a good e/w at 14/1 and beat Pires by 5l last time out. I think he can find a bit here and to be fair Johnstons 2nd string are always interesting prospects here.

Re: Goodwood 02/08 OK - Having though about the big race long and hard I'm gonna go with Aussie Rules EW. This is purely on the price. Also being backed in, has impressed and won a G1 before and can hopefully cause a minor upset here

Re: Goodwood 02/08 Somehow we ended up with 2 Goodwood threads for today. Bowles started one last night, I thought I'd dreamt it and was going mad.:wall Well Done Carl for yesterday, top results Edit: Only just watched the 3.15 race, Court Masterpiece was very impressive and Araafa was poor. What a top ride by Jimmy Fortune.

Re: Goodwood 02/08 (ALT)

Course & distance winners & those high drawn in 5f races again 3.15 COURT MASTERPIECE 1st 15/2 :D / SOVIET SONG 2ND 11/2:D 4.25 NIGHT STORM UNPL 5.35 MATERIAL WITNESS UNPL 1pts ew on each current P/L stake 16pts returns 4.63pts
8pts staked - 13.1pts returned Current P/L for Goodwood stake 24pts 17.73pts returned seems another Goodwood thread was started!!