Any News On Burnley Joe

LesJohnson

Re: Any News On Burnley Joe Well if you live in Lancashire he's made our Local Rag,The Lancashire Telegraph.It ain't up on the website yet but i'll quote it word for word "Joe 34, is a former Gawthorpe High School pupil,who left his home in Ruskin Avenue when he was 16 to join the Navy, was one of 8472 who entered the competition. Speaking from Las Vegas after he won the competition's first round he said it : It was very hard work.I started playing my first round match on Sunday at noon and didn't finish until 3 AM on Monday.By midnight I was looking at cards and I could hardly make out what they were. It's lucky though because you can get a massage and I drank about 15 cans of Red Bull.I'm quite confident i'll get to the next stage and then who knows? But i'm not greedy I'd settle for $3 Million. And he revealed it was his plan to play aggressively which won him through. He said Everyone was just trying to get through day one and when I was on the plane people were saying they were going to play tight.I took advantage of that and played aggressively and after about seven or eight hours I knew I was gonna get through" Joe who now lives in Plymouth and is married with 2 children,only started playing poker three years ago and has been playing competitvely for just 12 months. (Here's the dodgy bit) He won the all- expenses paid prize to compete in the lucrative competition after topping a leaderboard of www.goalpoker.com ,which ran over the last 12 months. After Las Vegas he is set to travel to the Johhny Chan Invitational in the Carribbean in September. :clap :clap :clap :clap Think i might bob down to the local telegraph office and put em right on the website that ACTUALLY sent him. Still love the massage and red bull bit:lol plus the not greedy:rollin Oh yeah and theres a pic(which no doubt Carl will photoshop) but i ain't got a scanner.

• 2 weeks later...