Horse Racing Data in the same vein as Football-Data

Hi, I collect football data from http://www.football-data.co.uk, along with fixtures etc for running through my software predictions routines, I now also wish to have a look at the Horse's, so does anybody know of a service like football-data but for the horses with the data available in csv files etc. I have looked at Adrian Massey's site, though it is great with data and stats the data is not generally available and would require a lot of work to grab web pages and process them and stip the data for importation into a database. Any Ideas? Thanks

Re: Horse Racing Data in the same vein as Football-Data OK, I will forget about past data for the moment, does anyone know of a source of Racecards in CSV format, either from a bookie, Data Supplier (e.g football-data) or 3rd party. I have looked at scrapping from bookies site but it's quite complicted. Or would it be better to ask in the "At The Races" board. Thanks

Re: Horse Racing Data in the same vein as Football-Data Sorry Sniff, I haven't been around. I think the Betfair data site is free, or at least to current customers. When it started up you had to apply for a password to unzip the data, but the latest months were free (I think you might still need a password to unlock these though). Not sure about Racecards, although it should be easy to write an Excel macro to neaten up pasted html.