County Championship 1/8 - 5/8

Tuesday 1 August 2006
HomeAwaysp.gifBPP
Durham v Nottinghamshire (11:00 BST)1.902.10101% Related markets...Match Result- - -Match Result (No Draw)Win First Innings
Wednesday 2 August 2006
HomeAwaysp.gifBPP
Hampshire v Kent (10:30 BST)1.702.30103% Related markets...Match Result- - -Match Result (No Draw)Win First Innings
Lancashire v Sussex (10:30 BST)1.831.95106%
Wednesday 2 August 2006
HomeAwaysp.gifBPP
Essex v Somerset (10:30 BST)1.453.00103% Related markets...Match Result- - -Match Result (No Draw)Win First Innings
Glamorgan v Worcestershire (10:30 BST)2.751.54102% Related markets...Match Result- - -Match Result (No Draw)Win First Innings
Gloucestershire v Leicestershire (10:30 BST)1.742.20103% Related markets...Match Result- - -Match Result (No Draw)Win First Innings
Northamptonshire v Surrey (10:30 BST)3.601.35102%
I don't fancy anything in the Durham-Notts match but I might come back with some plays for Wednesday's matches. Anyone with any thoughts?

Re: County Championship 1/8 - 5/8 1 play for Wednesday. 10pts Sussex to beat Lancashire 11/10 Blue Square 2nd plays 1st in this battle of the divison 1 leaders. It's also a dress rehearsal for this months C&G Trophy final so I expect both teams to play good, hard cricket. People are billing it as a Championship decider but quite frankly that's rubbish. However the side who wins here will be favourites to take the title. Sussex are in a bit of slump since the Twenty20 break. They've not won in 3 matches so it is imperative they return to winning ways here. They've not been outplayed in those 3 matches though, they should have beaten Middlesex but failed to get the last elusive wicket and they should have beaten Warwickshire last weekend but a 2nd innings collapse cost them. They've had to do without Naved and Mushtaq in 2 of those games but Mushy's back now and he should boost confidence. Apart from Naved, who has been replaced by the impressive Arafat, Sussex have a full squad for this match. Lancashire come into the match on the back of their superb turnaround against Notts last week where they looked buried. However that wasn't the 1st time they've been well behind after the 1st innings this season and I can't place any money on a side who are so inconsistent in their matches. Mahmood and Flintoff aside, the Red Rose county are also at full strength. Sussex are a side who really come to the party in the big matches, they are playing better than recent results suggest compared to Lancs who are having to work hard in every match. I think Sussex have the better bowling attack and on a sometimes tricky wicket at Hove that could be key and my money is going on the Sharks to go back to the top of the table with a win here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.