** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

SportMLB
EventCleveland Indians (Bryd) @ Boston Red Sox (Wells)
SelectionBOSTON (Wells) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.56 (Back)
ReasoningBoston are starting to struggle a bit and with the Yankees now right behind them they need to start delivering again. Coming off a series loss at home and with Wells back on the mound, I'm sure they'll be well up for this. I think they're going to come out and hit Cleveland hard here, and try to let Wells cruise through 5 or 6 innings. He's back off the DL and with Wakefield and Clement on it they need to get the hitting going. Cleveland are really slumpingat the moment, they are 4-11 in there last 15 and coming off 9 games at home I can see them taking a beating here.. Bryd got roughed up in his last outing lasting only 3 innings and giving up 7 runs. I don't fancy him tonight and the way Cleveland are hitting I can't see him getting much run support.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mlb 31/7

SportMLB
EventOakland Athletics (Haren) @ LA Angels (Santana)
SelectionLA ANGELS (Santana) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.78 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a huge series for both teams, and in Game 1 I fancy the better pitcher to put down a marker. The Athletics are hot right now winning 4 of the last 5 and making a huge comeback against the Blue Jays last night. However, this is the big time and we have to oppose Haren. The Angels have been knocking him about this season going 0-2 6.08 ERA in 2 starts. He's also been struggling recently going 1-3 with 6.38 ERA in his last 4. I can really see the Angels getting hold of him here and Santana should be able to keep it tight. Santana dominates this Oakland line up and is 4-0 1.54 ERA lifetime against them! I really see the Angels stepping up for this one and should take it quite comfortably.

Mlb 31/7 First of all I want to state that I'm totally new with MLB, just tried it for past few days cuz there just isn't much else to bet at this hour...well, I did okey so I decided to give it a try, here goes: Minnesota Twins (Silva) - Texas Rangers (Rheinecker) Minnesota has been doing very well lately and is 7-3 in last ten and althou they were 1-2 against Detroit in last three games (Min won the last one) there is nothing to worry about because Detroit just is a classier team (to my eyes anyways) + before that Minnesota won seven in a row at home (total 38-13 home). Minnesota's starting pitcher will be Silva who has won his last three games + four in a row at home (home ERA 5.20). Texas just ended a 6-game losing streak with a 2-15 win over Kansas City. I followed the game and is was mostly due to KCs bad pitching (Redman sucked arse) that Texas won so nothing spectacular there. Texas is 26-23 on road adn today their starting pitcher will be Rheinecker, a rookie, who has lost four in a row and is 3-7 in last ten matches with a stunning (bad) 7.56 ERA on road. All in all, I just can't see Texas winning and infact I think Minnesota will get an easy win here due to their home adventage and Texas's starting pitcher Rheinecker who will most likely perform really, really bad. Minnesota (-1.5) @ 2.35 9/10 units ----------------------------------------------------------------- Chicago Cubs (Prior) - Arizona Diamondbacks (Webb) Chicago is 6-4 in last ten games and is in an amzing 4 win row, all wins against central division leader St.Louis (Chi total 21-28 at home). Starting pitcher will be Prior who is yet to achieve a win in this season. He pitched five and two thirds no-hit innings wednesday against New York Mets and last two of his games have been lost only by one run. Nevertheless he has a bad record showing 11.57 at home. Arizona is also 6-4 in last ten coming of a tight series against Houston which they won 2-1. Arizona is 27-25 on road. Starting pitcher will be Webb who has a good record with 2.55 ERA on road but his last start was a disaster, he gave up six runs in first three innings against Philadelphia. I'm hoping that Chicagos good performances will continue at home and what could be a better booster than a sweep against central division leader in pocket. Much is required from Prior too but this is kinda the perfect time to take that first win of the season infront of home audience and Chicagos morale being +sided... well, one wish left so let it be that Arizona's Webb is a bit nerveus after that Philadelphia game and things start going wrong. Chicago Cubs @2.03 5/10 units ------------------------------------- Hopefully it won't go 0-2, there's nothing more irritating than a bad start in a new sport. So two thumbs up everybody :ok

Re: Mlb 31/7 7/31/2006 3:23:54 PM MLB Baseball: Gm# 967Preliminary Lineups indicate that (DH) Thome is NOT expected to be in the starting lineup for Chicago. 7/31/2006 3:16:17 PM Wise Guy Move: Game # 926 ORIOLES+114 7/31/2006 3:08:58 PM MLB Baseball: Gm# 964 Preliminary Lineups indicate that (SS) Lugo is NOT expected to be in the starting lineup for Tampa Bay. 7/31/2006 2:25:44 PM MLB Baseball: Gm# 959 Preliminary Lineups indicate that (2B) Belliard is NOT expected to be in the starting lineup for Cleveland.

Re: Mlb 31/7 Here is a nice trend for the Boston game: Cleveland at Boston, 7:05 EST Paul Byrd ® vs. David Wells (L) Byrd: 2-13 TSR when the total is 10 or higher Wells: Bos 22-3 at home off 3+ home games ** TSR: Team Start Record

Re: Mlb 31/7 Jesus we've suddenly got some MLB action:eek :eek :eek

SportMLB
EventWashington Nationals (Astacio) @ San Francisco Giants (Lowry)
SelectionSAN FRANCISCO (Lowry) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.42 (Back)
ReasoningThe Giants have been on an awful 7 game losing streak, but I think they've been playing alright and just having little things not go there way. Now they come back home I think they can get it together and should be looking to do it in style. Lowry has pitched OK recently but hasn't been getting any decisions. The Nationals were on a 6-0 but then got swept by the Dodgers and coming here I can see that losing streak continuing. He's a decent pitcher but I just think the Giants are going to get it together tonight.

SEATTLE, (MECHE, G) -BALTIMORE, (LOEWEN, A.) I fancy Seattle here not sure why but i am backing them to win this encounter.
Seattle at Baltimore, 7:05 EST Gil Meche ® vs. Adam Loewen (L) Meche: Sea 0-11 Away after allowing 3 runs or less 3 straight games Loewen: Bal 18-5 at home off a one-run win

thanks M as you can tell my knowledge of baseball is not great . Maybe I should stick to what I know: Rugby' date=' Netball, Football.[/quote'] MLB is upside at the moment. The undedogs have been firing this week...It is not normally like this. I think its down to trade deadline and people not playing properly....I am waiting for a friend of mine to let me know if he has capped any games today. He has been fairly hot of recent but he has had limited time as he is travelling due to his work.....

Have backed Detroit at $1.66 to beat Tampa Bay
That looks good. Tampa traded one of their best hitters Lugo.... Rogers got hammered the last time he started.... Detroit at Tampa Bay, 7:15 EST Kenny Rogers (L) vs. Casey Fossum (L) Rogers: 7-0 TSR off a Detroit loss Fossum: TB 11-3 Under vs. an AL starting pitcher whose ERA is 4.00 to 4.70