From down and out to down and out.

Belly77

Have been playing the $5 5 seater STT's on Virgin and have nearly got my bank upto the $100 mark. Just played a game that would have taken me to the golden $100. The blinds are at 400BB and the SB200. The table has been very aggressive and I've not hit anything. Been getting absouletly nothing all game and I'm down to my last chips. We're Down to the last 4 players and next BB I will be forced all in. I Hit QK and win the pot against one other. Double upto 800 chips. Next hand comes JK. Everyone folds but the BB puts me all in so I call. Once again I take the pot and double up, I'm now 3rd and not far off 2nd place. With my bigger stack I manage to steal a few pots and I'm now the aggressor. Fold the next round of cards till it's my BB again. Get a J9 off. SB calls and the flop brings me 2 pair. I slow play and manage to take another 1200 chips off 4th place who goes out. Steal a few more pots and I'm now (just) chip leader and pretty pleased with myself. Decide to tighten up as I was dying to take down the fish who had been shoving all game and showing his rubbish hands. We're on the bubble and everyone is cagey. I get QQ on the SB and shove half my chips in thus potentially calling the 3rd guy all in. He calls and has A6. The flop shows AA6 and I'm beat. Next hand I get AK suited. I'm now BB and the SB (the fish puts me all in). I know I have the best hand so call. He shows J4. The flop gives us both nothing until the river, which of course reveals a 4. I'm out to the fish and gutted. I know it was only $17 @ stake but I've never known such emotional extremes in a game. I never know how to play games when you just don't get the cards and the table is fairly aggressive. You fold and fold and when you do raise you don't hit the flop and before you know your short stacked. Think I probably got a bit carried away having finally got something and my game plan went out the window. How do some of you pro's handle these games? The game I played and won before was ultra tight and I won most of the chips without showing a hand. I'm not a really aggressive player but don't really like it when I come up against really aggressive players unless I know I have the best hand.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.