Goodwood 01/08

thought i'd get this up ealry as i wont be on line tomorrow until the evening. I am going with C/D winners all week & high drawn horses in the 5F sprints. May be a few runners but hoping to show a profit. 2.05 OFARABY / SALINJA / ACTIVE ASSET 3.15 MAC LOVE / NAYYIR 3.50 WI DUD / RACING STRIPES / SIRENS GIFT 4.25 WUNDERWOOD 1pt ew on all selections 18pts staked

Re: Goodwood 01/08 Only 2 races i'm really interested in tomorrow which are the 2.40 and the 3.50. I think Bahama Mama will win the 3.50, suited by the trip and has plenty of speed, a deserved favourite. The 2.40 is more tricky though, I saw both Luberon and Linas Selection win at York and was impressed with both, although Luberon only ran in a class 2 handicap. Linas Selection was in a listed race and there isn't much difference between listed and Gp3. The one I think is a potentially good Group 1 winner though is Sixties Icon, it ran well both at Ascot and Epsom and should be more than capable of winning this race. What would you think about an ante post thread in the horse racing section? I like to back some horses early and will take the risk of losing my money if its a non runner in order to get a good early price. Plus I like to get opinions before backing a horse, for example I'm considering a very early bet on Hellvelyn for next years guineas and have just backed Court Masterpiece for this week at Goodwood.

Re: Goodwood 01/08

What would you think about an ante post thread in the horse racing section? I like to back some horses early and will take the risk of losing my money if its a non runner in order to get a good early price. Plus I like to get opinions before backing a horse, for example I'm considering a very early bet on Hellvelyn for next years guineas and have just backed Court Masterpiece for this week at Goodwood.
happy to include it somewhere if you wish Mowgli. A few of us do Ante post selections in our threads & i normally get the cheltenham on egoing around November.

Re: Goodwood 01/08 2.40 Goodwood: SIXITES ICON Has run big races in the derby and at Ascot the last twice and this reppresents a drop in class. 3.15 Goodwood: IFFRAAJ Should have won the July cup and promises to be better at 7yo. Fancied to make amends for that lukless defeat provided the conditions remain quick. 3.50 Goodwood: ENTICING Made a positive start by winning both her starts and aims to uphold her unbeaten record today.

I cant find a price on top jockey at Goodwood' date=' but Joe Fanning has some decent rides this year for Johnston.[/quote'] The jockey to follow at Goodwood over lately has been Richard Quinn; over the last three years Quinn has won on 20 of his 109 mounts, returning a thumping profit of 140pts. 5f: Seven handicaps run in 2005; there didn’t seem to be any consistent bias but two things are worth noting — firstly, the far side dominated in the King George Stakes, one of the few races where several horses elected to track across to that side (the rail had been brought out up the far rail); secondly, stalls 1-3 failed to win any 5f race (handicaps or otherwise) from 40 attempts. stat attack:lol edit; Quinn has no rides today at goodwood but worth keeping note.

Re: Goodwood 01/08 Quote:

Originally Posted by bowles10 I cant find a price on top jockey at Goodwood, but Joe Fanning has some decent rides this year for Johnston.
I notice Joesph Henry is running again.
Raced at shorter in 2005, some solid efforts without winning, including here, though mostly struggled and ended year in blinkers; taken time to hit form but has done so now upped to 1m and confidence giver in minor Ayr handicap latest; ready for strongercompany again and often races prominently (didn´t latest) so respected off fair mark despite penalty.

Carl, Richard Quinn has retired from the saddle, so he is now out of the equation. I feel Richard Fahey is a trainer to follow in handicaps at Goodwood this week.
of course , completly forgot about that:loon :sad early mornings...........

Re: Goodwood 01/08 14:05 - Salinja EW - CD winner, has a slightly favourable lower draw. Will hopefully go over the ground better and at least run into a place in this tough race. 11/1 available 14:40 - Linas Selection/Sixties Icon RF - I really can't decide between the top 2 favourites here but I expect them to both be in the top 2 so will go for the reverse forecast. Both class horses. Linas Selection on a hatrick and D winner. Sixties Icon on the other hand has proved its no pushover in some top races and should be up there.

what do people think of Lucayan Dancer's chances e/w in the 2.05 goodward? i also like the look of im so lucky in that race
Defintley worth a nibble with Kinsella on board.
Magic Sting and Lucayan Dancer are in good form but will find this tougher
worth a nibble:ok

what do people think of Lucayan Dancer's chances e/w in the 2.05 goodward?
I was looking at it also - but I decided to stick with Salinja. I was surprised by its odds cause its form is quite good but it may struggle. Not the worst EW bet though

Re: Goodwood 01/08 I like the look of Cav Okay in the 3.50 Each-way Hannon thought a lot of this horse before it performed a dazzling display on it's first start. It has been disappointing since but Hannon puts the blinkers on first time today and if it gets out first it could be away and gone! as Hannon did say he has never seen a horse as quick as this out of the gates!

14:05 - Salinja EW - CD winner, has a slightly favourable lower draw. Will hopefully go over the ground better and at least run into a place in this tough race. 11/1 available 14:40 - Linas Selection/Sixties Icon RF - I really can't decide between the top 2 favourites here but I expect them to both be in the top 2 so will go for the reverse forecast. Both class horses. Linas Selection on a hatrick and D winner. Sixties Icon on the other hand has proved its no pushover in some top races and should be up there.
Both crap - Linas selection eased up at the end a bit which was annoying! Sixties Icon was impressive though

2.40 Goodwood: SIXITES ICON 1st Has run big races in the derby and at Ascot the last twice and this reppresents a drop in class. 3.15 Goodwood: IFFRAAJ 1st Should have won the July cup and promises to be better at 7yo. Fancied to make amends for that lukless defeat provided the conditions remain quick. 3.50 Goodwood: ENTICING Made a positive start by winning both her starts and aims to uphold her unbeaten record today.
Great stuff so far buddy! Got my fingers crossed for you in the 3.50.

Re: Goodwood 01/08 cheers lads. Truth be told I didnt have a penny on it. Spent an hour this Am going through the cards etc to bring to you guys. Didnt put a penny on cus Im skint as fook. Had the baliff's round earlier to sort stuff out. Ah well I'll gladly have a treble up everyday for you guys even if I dont put money on. Ps this is the 1st day Ive not put money on my selections. :lol ah how I can laugh, cus Id cry other wise.:lol :clap:clap

cheers lads. Truth be told I didnt have a penny on it. Spent an hour this Am going through the cards etc to bring to you guys. Didnt put a penny on cus Im skint as fook. Had the baliff's round earlier to sort stuff out. Ah well I'll gladly have a treble up everyday for you guys even if I dont put money on. Ps this is the 1st day Ive not put money on my selections. :lol ah how I can laugh, cus Id cry other wise.:lol :clap:clap
:ok Cheers Carl. Awesome tipping but take time out if you need to mate!! I know this place gives us all a release from day to day life.

thought i'd get this up ealry as i wont be on line tomorrow until the evening. I am going with C/D winners all week & high drawn horses in the 5F sprints. May be a few runners but hoping to show a profit. 2.05 OFARABY NR / SALINJA 13TH/ ACTIVE ASSET 7TH 3.15 MAC LOVE 7TH/ NAYYIR 4TH 3.50 WI DUD 2ND 9/2/ RACING STRIPES 12TH/ SIRENS GIFT 4TH 4.25 WUNDERWOOD 2ND 6/1 1pt ew on all selections 18pts staked
A COUPLE OF 2NDS & CLOSE WITH SIRENS GIFT AT 20/1 16PTS STAKED 4.63PTS RETURNED