Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS

May be this is something thats been done before and if it as sorry. These days horse racing is my main thing but this is something I did with some success about three seasons ago and had a nice run for a while. Half time Full time by this I mean whoevers winning at half time will be losing at full time and will be done for both teams that are shown live on WEEKEND LIVE TV MATCHES ONLY. I,m sure one of the many football guys will more than likely no the full stats for such an idea and in the long term may have no merit and if so will not start it

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS Sat selections Half time Luton/Full time Leicester 28/1 Half Time Leicester/ Full time Luton 25/1 Sun Selections Half Time Coventry/ Full Time Sunderland 28/1 Half Time Sunderland/ Full Time Coventry 25/1 Half Time Derby/ Full Time Southampton 28/1 Half Time Southampton/ Full Time Derby 25/1 Half Time Hearts/ Full Time Celtic 25/1 Half Time Celtic/ Full time Hearts 28/1 8 x 1pt bets Needs 1 winning bet to make a profit of 210%+ Only included the Scotish Game this week as it looks competitive and in future mostly the English matches will be followed. If I select 4 games per weekend I need 1 winning result for every 12 games [24 selectons] to keep my head above water Please note all SPs taken from Totesport fixed odds coupon

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS

Good luck with this!!! I reckon you might be on to something. I might have a look at this tomorrow to see if I can dig out some results from last season and maybe come up with some sort of strike rate.
Thanks mate I do know it had a purple patch 2 or three seasons ago but something I've no stats on as horse racing is my thing these days. Also if in one of these matches one of the teams was winninig at half time you backed the other on BETFAIR would you get more than 25/1. The reason for putting up the thread in the first place was for those who do not wish to use that site. The fixed odds approach the SPs are very consistant and you can estimate the strike rate needed to show a profit in advance. In my estimation their are approx 40 weeks to the season and if 4 TV matches picked evey week that would be 160 games covered [320 bets] of which I would need 13 to come in to get my money back and if I could get a s-rate of 10% A Profit of 25% on turnover,anything above that and you would be making serious gains. If you could achieve 21 winning bets you would be + 200pts [This may be a big if though] PS selections on post 2

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS After having a quick look last night, I think the most common HT/FT was Draw/Win (favourite). However I was finding it really hard to find last seasons results, that also showed the half time scores at a glance, without having to read each individual match report. The average odds for this were normally between 4.5-5.5. Does anyone know a site where I can find last season results that will show the half time /full time results?

After having a quick look last night, I think the most common HT/FT was Draw/Win (favourite). However I was finding it really hard to find last seasons results, that also showed the half time scores at a glance, without having to read each individual match report. The average odds for this were normally between 4.5-5.5. Does anyone know a site where I can find last season results that will show the half time /full time results?
Thanks again mate for your input and the idea I've mentioned may well BE OK OR RUBBISH. Its the odds that attracted me to the idea as well as having a few of these bets up a few yrs ago. I do not expect a winner every week but if it can show a 10 % s-rate over the season that would show a +80pt gain and for a 8pt bet per week it won't break the bank as I'm sure a few winning bets will be found.Even if you can find all last seasons results you will still after to find the ones that were TV games as only these are the ones that matter.

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS Does anyone know a site where I can find last season results that will show the half time /full time results? BBB Try rsssf.com or xscores.com for all HT/FT scores. Only problem is pop-ups! Fifer

Does anyone know a site where I can find last season results that will show the half time /full time results? BBB Try rsssf.com or xscores.com for all HT/FT scores. Only problem is pop-ups! Fifer
Cheers.:ok Might take me a while to compile some strike rates. I'm gonna have a flick through and let you know what I can find. For these purposes I'm gonna concentrate on premiership only but do every game on the coupon.

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS There was only 3 games yesterday where a half time lead was over turned, across all English and Scottish divisions. Unlucky with the Derby game. I thought you were on a winner there. I went through last seasons results in the premiership and there was only 14 games all season, where you'd have been on to a winner. A slight pattern did emerge which was it was more regularly against bottom sides than the others. I guess that makes sense really. There were 88 instances last season, again in the premiership, where the result was Draw/Win (favourite). I'm sure the strike ratio could be improved with some simple filters.

Sat selections Half time Luton/Full time Leicester 28/1 Half Time Leicester/ Full time Luton 25/1 Sun Selections Half Time Coventry/ Full Time Sunderland 28/1 Half Time Sunderland/ Full Time Coventry 25/1 1-2 all goals 2nd half Half Time Derby/ Full Time Southampton 28/1 :cry 1 - 2 6mins to go Half Time Southampton/ Full Time Derby 25/1 Half Time Hearts/ Full Time Celtic 25/1 Half Time Celtic/ Full time Hearts 28/1 8 x 1pt bets Needs 1 winning bet to make a profit of 210%+ Only included the Scotish Game this week as it looks competitive and in future mostly the English matches will be followed. If I select 4 games per weekend I need 1 winning result for every 12 games [24 selectons] to keep my head above water Please note all SPs taken from Totesport fixed odds coupon
-8pts

i'd be intrigued to how the stats/returns would look should you add H/D & A/D although my suspicion is that it will tip any value down the toilet. good luck though!
That was the reason for the idea, the Sps and although it may not work I only need 1 winner every 12 matches to break even. Also the Sky matches are usually competative affairs and I'm not saying your Idea would not work but if you chose 4 games a week at average odds of 14/1 you would need 1 winner every 2 weeks and would still show a 1pt loss, I will see how they fair on the selections I pick and compare it to my idea and lets see what happens

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS Although I said I would use the weekends TV matches AND THEIR WOULD BE 4, have decided to use them all including Fridays Night game and their will be 5 matches 10 bets. [English games only] Fridays Game h/t Preston. f/t Wolves. 28/1 h/t Wolves. f/t Preston 33/1 The prices Quoted are at Hills Sat & Sun up in the morning aliando's idea the odds are both 14/1 with hills

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS Sat selections H/T STOKE. F/T BIRMINGHAM 28/1 [HILLS] H/T BIRMINGHAM. F/T STOKE 28/1 [HILLS OR TOTE SPORT] H/T HULL. F/T DERBY 28/1 [HILLS OR TOTE] H/T DERBY. F/T HULL 28/1 [HILLS] Sundays H/T C PALACE. F/T LEEDS 33/1 [HILLS] H/T LEEDS, F/T C PALACE 28/1 [HILLS] H/T CHELSEA. F/T LIVERPOOL 28/1 [TOTESPORT] H/T LIVERPOOL. F/T CHELSEA 25/1 [TOTESPORT BET 8PTS aliando's idea all matches 14/1

Re: Half Time Full Time TV SPECIALS Fridays Match H/T COVENTRY F/T LEICESTER 33/1 [HILLS] H/T LEICESTER F/T COVENTRY 28/1 [HILLS] Were I live theirs a HILLS AND TOTESPORT with in 50 yds of each other and in these matches Hills gives the best value and 3 to 5 pts better. Using aliando's idea SKY BET is the best at 16/1 for both.

May be this is something thats been done before and if it as sorry. These days horse racing is my main thing but this is something I did with some success about three seasons ago and had a nice run for a while. Half time Full time by this I mean whoevers winning at half time will be losing at full time and will be done for both teams that are shown live on WEEKEND LIVE TV MATCHES ONLY. I,m sure one of the many football guys will more than likely no the full stats for such an idea and in the long term may have no merit and if so will not start it
Why only for the weekend tv games? Sorry if it's a silly question but why not on all games - 380 premiership games:eek could get a bit fiddly I suppose but with it coming off so infrequently you could have to wait a long time for a result to come up. By the way, just for fun I did the Chelsea Man City game with your suggestion Chelsea HT / Man City FT at 150.00 Betfair, C'MON CITY! :hope

Why only for the weekend tv games? Sorry if it's a silly question but why not on all games - 380 premiership games:eek could get a bit fiddly I suppose but with it coming off so infrequently you could have to wait a long time
The reason was usually the TV games were the most competative and as I said in the first post I was only doing the weekend games [English] SAT AND SUN but have since included Fridays. So with the origanal idea of 4 games, 8 bets I would need only 1 winner every 3 weeks to show a small profit and if the season last about 40 weeks thats an outlay of 320 pts. If we used your Idea of all the premiership games that would be 760 pts and that would mean 1 winner a week to show a similar return [using the bookies]. This may not work at all but did have a good run a couple of seasons ago backing just the TV GAMES. The main point being the bookies do special fixed odd coupons for these games with the odds for all to see. Doing yours you would have to ask the bookie for all the individual prices and write each bet out. If on the other hand on betfair it's easy to get them for all the premier matches all well and good. Like yours today for instance the bookies price for that bet was 50/1 and you got 150/1 and that was great. If you can get consistantly better odds by all means use BETFAIR and if you wish to back them all thats up to you. Also with the origanal idea all I do is pick up the Racing Post to get the prices for these games and just 5mins to put them up without looking else were.

You've had a winner now! :clap FT Port Vale [1 - 2] Doncaster R. 43' [1 - 0] D. Whittaker 88' [1 - 1] P. Heffernan (pen.) 90' [1 - 2] P. Heffernan
Thanks davidc I dont expect a lot will but hoping for one in 20 bets and at least that puts Me back in touch, wonder what you could have got on betfair st today 4pts return 34pts will update from start later. P/L TODAY +30PTS. :ok 52 X 1PT BETS 34PTS RETURN P/L -18PTS