Betfair and AOL

philossify

Just in case anyone else is using AOL o r having problems getting betfair to work ..... I use AOL to get to t'internet and over the last few days (after a Betfair upgrade methinks) its stopped working - cannot get Betfair Poker to work - comes up with excuse thats its detected I'm coming in from an area where they do not offer access (USA? Hungary?). Looks like its AOL specific (something to do with the way AOL allocates web addresses and deals with queries asking for their start point would be my guess). Hopefully betfair will get it fixed soon.

Re: Betfair and AOL I was on betfair yesterday and there was a link about AOL - didn't follow it because I don't use AOL but it's certainly something they're aware of. here is the page they've put up: We are aware that some AOL users continue to have difficulty placing bets on Betfair. If this applies to you, please contact the Betfair Helpdesk (telephone numbers are listed at the bottom of the homepage) for a possible workaround solution. Betfair are working with AOL to permanently resolve this issue, an update will be provided as soon as this has been done. Thank you for your continued patience on this matter.

Re: Betfair and AOL I'm on AOL as well I got this email from betfair a few days ago In relation to an upgrade to the Betfair Poker software today, it has become apparent that some AOL users may experience problems logging in to the poker software. We are actively working to unblock affected accounts that are based outside of the US. Affected users are able to overcome this issue by using a different ISP should they have one. If an affected user is unable to access an alternative ISP and are accessing the software outside of the US then they should contact our helpdesk team who will attempt to unblock the access in the shortest possible time. Helpdesk contacts: Email: :ol('http://www.betfairmail.com/mk/get?_EC%3dbQUhsx9cH3anImM83biqDA')'>[email protected] Telephone: UK: 0870 9080 120 From other countries: +44 207 074 7272 We apologise for any inconvenienced caused. Betfair Poker Team I still haven't done anything about it yet as i haven't played poker on betfair for months